Futurama

Insane in the Mainframe

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2001 on Comedy Central

• A crazy and hilarious episode.

This episode is very funny and crazy and some hilarious parts are when Fry said to his roomate at the robot aslyum actually we've meet before and the freaks out and says what and explodes and when the same robot exploded during a therapy lesson. Also it was very funny when Roberto robbed the same bank 3 times and it was very funny when Leela hugged Fry when he thought he was a robot and he started saying beep really fast. Also it was hilarious when Fry thought he was a battle droid and started attacking Roberto. Overall this is an episode I highly reccomend.
  • funny episode

Fry and Bender have the misfortune of being in a bank during a robbery, to add to their woes the robber turns out to be an old friend of Benders and they are forced to help.
    Roberto is able to escape while Fry and Bender are captured and sent to trial. They both end up being sent to a robot insane asylum, being a parody of the classic movie 'one Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' Fry becomes to believe that he is actually a robot but unable to find his true purpose.
    Fry saves the Planet Express Crew when Roberto takes everybody as hostages. Forcing a comfrontation and making Roberto believe that he was actually battle droid sworn to protect the weak from crazy robots.
  • "I'm not a robot!"

Here is my review for one of the best (and funniest) episodes of "Futurama" I've ever seen. I've seen it so many times in my life that I actually know the words to every line said in it. Anyway, it is about Fry and Bender being framed of robbing a bank by Bender's criminally insane friend, Roberto. After their trial, Fry and Bender are sentenced to spend an entire month in an insane asylum for robots (Fry is sent there because the asylum for humans was overcrowded, I might add). Bender enjoys it there, but the place is hectic for Fry, since he's the only human in a robot asylum. Then, Roberto is sent to the aslyum for robbing the same bank twice and becomes Fry's new roommate right after Malfunctioning Eddie (Fry's original roommate) is released. Afterwards, Fry finally loses it by screaming like a lunatic. Fry's mind gets completely warped and he begins acting like a robot (He's even released for this reason, I might add). Roberto and Bender then bust out of the asylum and rob the same bank three times. When they make it back to Planet Express, the police surround the place and Roberto holds everybody (including Bender) hostage. Fry (not a captive and still acting like a robot) stops Roberto by scaring him silly. After Fry saves his friends, he begans to bleed and realizes that he wasn't a robot at all, since robots don't have blood. I really liked how Fry was driven crazy throughout this episode. Billy West does a great job a voice acting, and this episode of "Futurama" is no exception.
  • hi

Fry and Bender are arrested for bank robbery when they get involved with one of Bender\\\'s old robot friends, Roberto, while he\\\'s robbing a bank. Fry and Bender are convicted of the crime and sent to an asylum for criminally insane robots. It\\\'s a walk in the park for Bender, but Fry is tortured by being treated like a robot. When Fry is finally brain-washed into believing he is a robot, he is deemed \\\"cured\\\" and released. His friends back at Planet Express are horrified when Fry the robot is returned to them. Meanwhile, Roberto is busted robbing the same bank again and ends up in the asylum with Bender. He uses Bender to bust out of the asylum and accompanies his friend back to Planet Express. When the police track them down, Roberto takes the staff of Planet Express hostage. Fry turns into a battle droid and scares the mentally unstable Roberto so badly that he jumps to his death. In the battle, Fry\\\'s arm is injured, and when he sees that he bleeds blood he comes to his senses and realizes he\\\'s a human
  • A really good episode.

In this episode Fry and Bender get framed for robbing a bank because they helped Bender's old friend Roberto carry money out of the bank.When Fry and Bender are getting tried in court their lawyer gets them tried as insane and the judge sentences them to live in an insane ayslum until their better.The only problem is that Fry has to go to a robot asylum instead of a human one.So by the time Fry gets out he actually believes that he is a robot and that he can't find his primary function so he tries many different things but he can't do those but when Roberto is holding them hostage Fry realizes he's really a human.
  • Fry and Bender get committed to an insane asylum.

• Just a really wierd episode that was without a doubt so hilarious I seriously could have wet myself.

Fry and Bender are arrested for bank robbery when they get involved with one of Bender's old robot friends, Roberto, while he's robbing a bank. Fry and Bender are convicted of the crime and sent to an asylum for criminally insane robots. It's a walk in the park for Bender, but Fry is tortured by being treated like a robot. When Fry is finally brain-washed into believing he is a robot, he is deemed "cured" and released. His friends back at Planet Express are horrified when Fry the robot is returned to them. Meanwhile, Roberto is busted robbing the same bank again and ends up in the asylum with Bender. He uses Bender to bust out of the asylum and accompanies his friend back to Planet Express. When the police track them down, Roberto takes the staff of Planet Express hostage. Fry turns into a battle droid and scares the mentally unstable Roberto so badly that he jumps to his death. In the battle, Fry's arm is injured, and when he sees that he bleeds blood he comes to his senses and realizes he's a human.
  • Introduction of Roberto

This episode was very enjoyable, especially the fact that the chicken lawyer pleaded insanity for Fry and Bender on the basis that they hired him as their lawyer. The robot asylum was very amusing, Bender actually wanting to stay because of the free booze and Fry being tortured until he "realises" that he is a robot, though he doesn't know what his primary function was. The episode got more and more confusing as it went on but it also got more and more humerous, which is the main thing I look for in Futurama. This episode is very entertaining and the only thing missing is Zapp.
  • A unique episode.

This episode involves Fry being sent to a robot insane asylum. He insists he is not a robot, but no one there believes him. Bender is there as well, and he is enjoying it much more than Fry. This is not the best episode of Futurama, but it is a very unique episode, and it is also a very memorable episode. I recommend this to any Futurama fan, and any fan of Philip J. Fry.

After being accessories to the robbing of a bank, Fry and Bender are sent to a robot insane asylum. Fry insists that he is not a robot, but no one there believes him. When he is released, he is convinced that he is a robot.
  • Fry and Bender are both sentenced to a robot asylum, and despite Fry's pleas that he's not actually a robot, he is exposed to electrocutions and other forms of robotic punishment.

This was a pretty good episode. The two buddies are sentenced to a robot sasylum, one of which WANTS to be there and doesn't want to leave, and the other who can't tolerate being exposed to robot therapy. The main highlight was definitely the scene where Fry and Bender first arrive at the asylum, where Bender enjoys getting stripped, X-rayed, drilled, and magnetized, while Fry attempts to evade these tortures by sucking on the drill and such. While Fry devises various failed escape plans, Bender repeatedly pleads insanity to extend his stay at the facility, due to its free booze. The therapoy eventually gets to Fry, who truly believes he's become a robot when he's released. As for Bender, his robot felon buddy, Roberto, escapes with him in tow. Roberto is probably the main problem with this episode - We don't actually get to see any side of him except the side that insists on robbing the same bank three consecutive times. He's not very likable. Otherwise, highly entertaining.
  • Bender and Fry are accused of robbing a bank and go to a robot asylum and when Fry gets out, he thinks he’s a robot.

A pretty good episode, I think, although I wasn’t really fond of Roberto. Not for the obvious reasons, but I think by the way he is physically. He reminds me of a cartoon or action figure or whatever that I was afraid of when I was a child. Lol

Anyway… I felt really bad for Fry. Poor Fry! He was sent to the robot asylum, was treated like one and ultimately thought he was one. When his co-workers went to visit him in the asylum, he looked so freaked out and scared. I felt so bad. Bender was doing OK on the asylum. That was pretty funny. And I detest that old blue chicken lawyer! What’s the deal with him? Lool

The best part was the end. Roberto went to jail(I guess), Fry snapped out of his robot fase and everything went back to normal… like anyways.

• Some good stuff, some bad stuff.

Another pretty average offering. I really didn't like the beginnig of this episode, with Fry and Bender being arrested as accomplices and put into a robot asylum, it just seemed kind of ...off. Roberto just really annoyed me with his hurried and high pitched way of speaking (I realise that was meant for the character, but that doesn't mean it can't annoy me), and the stuff in the asylum was pretty dull. And yet another appearance of the hyper chicken. He was very funny the first few times, but it's getting boring. I did feel very sorry for Fry though. It really picked up once Fry thought he was a robot, plenty of great stuff there. I loved him thinking robots say 'ye' and trying to figure out what kind of bot he was. Best moment of the episode, though, was Leela kissing him to snap him out of it, and him smiling and then going 'beep'. Delivery and timing was just brilliant there. The hostage scene was OK as well.