Futurama

Insane in the Mainframe

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2001 on Comedy Central

• "I'm not a robot!"

Here is my review for one of the best (and funniest) episodes of "Futurama" I've ever seen. I've seen it so many times in my life that I actually know the words to every line said in it. Anyway, it is about Fry and Bender being framed of robbing a bank by Bender's criminally insane friend, Roberto. After their trial, Fry and Bender are sentenced to spend an entire month in an insane asylum for robots (Fry is sent there because the asylum for humans was overcrowded, I might add). Bender enjoys it there, but the place is hectic for Fry, since he's the only human in a robot asylum. Then, Roberto is sent to the aslyum for robbing the same bank twice and becomes Fry's new roommate right after Malfunctioning Eddie (Fry's original roommate) is released. Afterwards, Fry finally loses it by screaming like a lunatic. Fry's mind gets completely warped and he begins acting like a robot (He's even released for this reason, I might add). Roberto and Bender then bust out of the asylum and rob the same bank three times. When they make it back to Planet Express, the police surround the place and Roberto holds everybody (including Bender) hostage. Fry (not a captive and still acting like a robot) stops Roberto by scaring him silly. After Fry saves his friends, he begans to bleed and realizes that he wasn't a robot at all, since robots don't have blood. I really liked how Fry was driven crazy throughout this episode. Billy West does a great job a voice acting, and this episode of "Futurama" is no exception.
CW