Futurama

Jurassic Bark

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 17, 2002 on Comedy Central

• Extremly sad episode.

Ive have seen this episode about 10 times always end up crying.
  • Shows you the shape of your heart

Its hard to explain an episode which drives you through several emotions in the span of 22 minutes. The highs of laughter, happiness to the lows of loneliness and depression. This is by far the most heart-breaking sweet episode in the series. The episode seems very normal, with the usual antics and general flashbacks to when Fry was in the 90s. Yet the ending is so unexpected and so perfectly done that it will reach out and touch you. The imagery and the song. Perfect. just plain perfect.

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.
  • Fry discovers that his old dog Seymour is fossilized

Fry reads in the newspaper that archaeologists have recreated an old Pizzeria from the 20th Century. He and Bender go to see it and discover that it is in fact Panucci's Pizza, the pizzeria Fry used to work at in 1999. Fry also discovers that the fossilized remains of his old dog Seymour are on display. Fry campaigns to get Seymour back and eventually does, and Farnsworth says he can use the cloning machine to bring Seymour back to life. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". It was funny but it was also very sad. I love this episode but sometimes it's hard for me to even watch it because it's so sad especially when a dog that really loves you just waits for you. Right now, I have two wonderful dogs named Snuggles and Lucy. Snuggles is my outside dog (or guard dog since she is tough and brave) and Lucy is my housedog who happens to be the opposite of Snuggles (she is a coward) but I love both of my dogs very much. Anyways, I can see why Fry is so sad. The fact that Fry didn't want to clone Seymour anymore because Seymour lived for 15 years which means that he lived 12 years later after Fry got frozen. The flashbacks of Fry and Seymour were great. Also, the flashbacks of Seymour discovering that Fry is frozen was interesting also. I just wished that when Fry's parents entered the laboratory, they turned around saw their own son Fry frozen. I would have actually wanted to see their reactions of that but it didn't happen sadly. The episode ending with Seymour waiting and waiting for Fry by Panucci's Pizza year after year until Seymour died was very very very sad... I cried big time watch that part and it broke my heart. Overall, I love this episode of "Futurama" but sometimes I don't want to watch it again but it's painful for me to watch...for me at least, I don't know about the other users though. 10/10

• A masterpiece... gives you all that is best about the show. In its sadness and its joy, this episode blends emotion in such a proper way that in one poignant instant you are so drawn in you cannot bear to watch yet are too dazzled to look away.

This episode follows a common track of the Simpsons writers - misdirection. Often in every joke of theirs, they seem to go a normal route when they veer off into a crazy one. Easily enjoyable as a laugh a minute ride, it soon turns into a roller-coaster of emotions. Fulfilling both to the heart and the soul.
    The Episode begins with Fry discovering that his old Pizza place has been unearthed, and with it his old dog, fossilized. His only friend back in the day, Fry gets Dr. Fransworth to agree to clone him. But Fry's overindulgence in his old best friend leaves his new best friend feeling neglected. Bender's efforts to get Fry's attention are very laughable and who can resist a dog singing 'walking on sunshine'. But the denouement comes as a wow. And a fine ending recalling such classics as Dr. Strangelove, this is a standalone episode yet it works so much as an integral part of the Futurama universe. This episode just reaffirms why the series is so beloved. In all its edginess and the abounding humor, the show still has heart. What more can you ask for?
  • Saddest tv episode ever made.

This is the only time a tv show has ever made me curl up into the fetal position and cause my eyes to well up with tears. It was a great episode but I can never watch it again. ever. Every time I see it on tv I have to immediately change the channel. At least there's hope in the future when the writers readdress the story. But that still can't take away the initial sadness. Maybe I'm being too melodramatic but it's this episode's fault. I thought cartoons were suppose to be light-hearted? Damn you Futurama. Probably one of their best episodes in the entire series.
  • Ending always gets me

In this episode, Fry revists a recreation of a pizza parlor form his time, only to find out it's the one where he used to work at, and then he sees his petrified dog! He then tries to get him from the museum, but they refuse to give it to him... so he steals it. Then the professor announces he's made a machine that can bring his dog, Seymour back to life, so fry takes the chance. Then Bender, feeling neglected by Fry, throws Seymour in lava, making Fry cry. And Bender, feeling remorse for what he did, goes into get Seymour. I will not lie, the ending to this episode is one of the saddest ever seen in a television show (maybe ever.) Overall, an all-time favorite of mine, and well worth watching. 10/10 A+
  • i love emotion

this episode is often considered one of, it not, the saddest episode of futurama. in it, fry sees a fossil of his old dog, Seymour. So he imagines life in the 20th century with Seymour before he got frozen. So Professor Farnsworth reveals he can clone the dog. Bender becomes increasingly jealous and nearly destroys the fossil. In the end, right before he is about to clone the dog, Farnsworth notices the dog lived to be 15, 12 years after Fry got frozen. Fry thinks Seymour would have forgotten him by then, so he decides to not clone him. We then see a montage of Seymour waiting for Fry, until his eventual death.

I may sound like a jerk, but I never found the end to be all that sad. It is sad, but I didn't really consider it sad enough where it made me feel bad or made me cry. Still a remarkable episode
  • It's too sad and hard to watch!

"Jurassic Bark"

Grade: A*

One of the saddest, if not the saddest episode of Futurama. Jurassic Bark always gets me at the end, no matter what and it doesn't help that I had a dog in the past as well! A wonderful episode which flashes back to Fry's past in meeting with a dog named Seymour and how they coped and were good pals back in the 20th century.

Fry discovers a fossiled Seymour and discovers that he can bring him back to life. As Bender gets jealous because of thinking Seymour will be Fry's new best friend, he throws the dog into a pool of lava, but recovers and apologizes afterwards. Then, the clone machine starts and it is discovered that Seymour died at 15 years old, and because of this, Fry feels that Seymour probably moved on and forgotten about him over the years. The sad truth is though, he didn't, and waits and waits for Fry outside the Pizza shop for years and years as he gets older and dies of old age. It's too sad!
  • This is what Futurama can do at their full potential!

Nothing ever combined comedy and tragedy ever so perfectly together! This is what Futurama can do, put together the symphony of the two sides to emotions that can natually come from TV! What a great accomplishment! With the Japanese doggie reference, Seymour, Fry's loyal doggie who him named after delivering to a Prank Call, had waited for Fry's miracle return from the cryogenic chamber for twelve years upon death (Caused by Bender as shown in Bender's Big Score), while in the future, Fry mistook that Seymour had forgotten all about him in twelve years and wrecked the only chance of Seymour's rebirth, the saddest and the funniest (Bender getting Jealous) episode ever created in Cartoon history!
  • One of the most emotional moments in TV history.

If this episode didn't make you cry, than you have no heart. This is the sadest, most emotional episode bar none. I would go as far as to say that this is one of the most emotional moments in TV history! Very few TV shows can pull a feat like this off. They really proved themselves to the fans as a serious TV show. They put a vast majority of jokes that they usually have on hold to show us that this was a raw, emotional show that deserves to be recognized as an immediate classic. If this episode hasn't cemented Futuramas place as a TV classic, than nothing can.
  • After finding out an ancienct pizza parlor has been uncovered Fry finds his dog Seymore fossilized and on display. When he gets Seymore back the Professor attempts to reanimate him.

This is simply the saddest episode of the series. The way it ends with Seymore growing old and waiting for Fry nearly brought tears to my eyes. With flashbacks to the 20th century we see Fry in a new light, with his dog being his only true friend. It kills me that Fry doesnt bring Seymore back to life to rekindle what he had. Plus Bender is simply great with his jealousy. And we all know now that the Daily Growl is not a reputable journal of opinion. Overall I think this is one of the best episodes of Futurama in its enture run.
  • IT WAS SO SAD

Awww this episode is not my favorite but this literally made me cry watching that dog wait out there for so long and fry still hasn't come back it just is soooo sad, it's really old but if i was that dog i would be really really really really really really sad, :'(, I wish they would show this ( futurama the entire series) more often on TV cuz they only place i see it is on comedy central at 10:00. They should show it on Cartoon Network again, that would be awesome, sigh.... that episode was pretty epic lol
  • one of the best futurama episodes

The story starts when news spreads that a model replica of a 20th century pizzeria has been found.Fry protests that it isn`t accurate,but then sees his fossilized dog, Seymour who stands in an exibit.he takes the dog and gets thrown out by guards. But he stages a protest to get his dog back. Then,he gets it back when the scientists finish with him. The Professer says it`s all right to clone him because there is a mucus of doggyness inside him. Fry gets all hyped about Seymour coming back. Bender gets really jealous and buys his own puppy called Robopuppy. Then The Proffesser appears and says to commence cloning. The first attempt is foiled when bender knocked seymour into the lava.
    Bender goes after him.The second time,Fry calls it off due to the fact that he lived a full twelve years after he froze.Then a musical montage shows him waiting for fry until he dies.So sad
  • The best episode of any show ever.

Seymour waits and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits. It is the saddest moment in television history.

Flanas89
  • So very sad,Especially the end when the dog waited 12 years for Fry.

• This episode is simply amazing. It has wonderful writing and a classic ending.

To begin with, the parody of the show's name (past-o-rama) is very clever. Furthermore, example of 1990's music (The Hustle) is not too subtle or obvious. Then, as the Seymour story begins, the sadness start up. It is incredibly heart breaking to see a dog waiting for a master who will never return. This has happened at least twice in fairly recent history (the past 150 years). Moreover, it delves more deeply into Bender and Fry's friendship. This episode shows that it is not a one-sided friendship as previously indicated. In conclusion, this episode has both sentimental value for the series, and large amounts of humor.
  • The only episode I will not watch.

It's a terrible thing when you cannot stand to watch your favorite episode of one of your favorite TV shows of all time.

This episode makes me cry. Just thinking about the ending makes me tear up. Every time my DVR records this episode I just have to delete it because I know what will happen when I watch it. Try explaining to your co-workers why you start crying when "Walking on Sunshine" is played on the radio or in a commercial.

It's a typical Futurama episode until the ending. The ending just sets it so far apart and above any other episode that you just cannot help but love it.

My favorite episodes are usually the flashback laden ones such as "Luck of the Fryish" but they all left you with your spirits lifted and feeling good.

I just have to call the ending cruel in an amazing way. It tears at your heart and makes you feel the emotion of what Seymour was going through and the emptiness it leaves you with is just makes it stick with you for years. This is the only TV show, animated or not, that is able to install, for lack of a better term, the emotions into you in such a way that it actually becomes a real part of you.

I need to take my dog for a walk now.
  • Words can not describe the impact this will have on you.

This episode came totally out of the blue, and I mean that in more than one way. I will start comparing again, but only for this outstanding episode. Listen closely here, because I mean this. Although they're excellent, The Simpsons could NEVER do anything like this in a million years, no matter how hard they tried. Futurama is the only cartoon ever (besides The Ren and Stimpy Show) that could ever do something so emotional like this episode. This is the saddest episode, movie....whatever, that I and I'm sure a lot of other people have ever seen. If you're not a fan of Futurama, this will hopefully change your mind, because it sure did for me. By FAR the greatest episode of Futurama, and even The Simpsons. If you have seen this episode, you might agree there is no way of explaining it, you have to see it.
  • Nibbler and Fry are under the Desk....

Well I don't know if you all know of this.... but if you have seen the Episode "They Why of Fry" you see Fry and nibbler fighting under the desk arguing weather hey should go to the future or not.. well... back to this episode... you can see Nibbler in the Trashcan and as fry is about to fall back.. if you look very closely you can see Fry's and Nibblers Shadow... the weird thing is that this show was done before the other one... creepy huh...
  • it was different for usual episodes.

this episode made me cry, it was so sad. Fry\'s dog wait and wait for him to come back till he dies of old age, that is so cute T_T, i think this espisode is really different from the others, which make this so special. unlike others episode which thrive and depend on humour, this episode had a mix of sadness and gloom with a bit of humour. althought they had some humour in this episode i thought it was not that funny, it just doesn\'t fit. it was really nice to see that the show can offer more than commedy.
  • The most saddest episode of the entire show...

This was the saddest episode of Futurama... Especially because of the final scene, when we saw that Seymour waited the rest of his life for the return Fry, while Fry thought that his dog forgot him and quited the ressurection idea... But the episode wasn't totally sad, we saw that Bender has a great empathy with Fry, it could be possessive, but we see that he needs Fry to live happily. And all the flashbacks to Fry's life before the freezing, the bonding that they've created, "Walking on Sunshine" singed by the dog because Fry liked it.. As my classification said, it really brings tears to our eyes.. A great episode from a brilliant show
  • I was crying this episode is so sad. Especially the ending where Seymour waits for Fry to return, with the music in the background brings a tear to the eye.

As soon as I starting watching this episode i knew it would be sad, and it lived up to my expectations. It was cleverly written and emotionally charged. This has to be one of the most saddest tv show episodes i have ever seen. This epsode was also funny because of Bender trying to out do Fry with a robot dog.
  • It was a great but sad episode

I actually cried during the episode. I couldnt watch it the first time. I had to turn it off and watch it again. I cant believe i cried because i laughed at people dieing by small pox. This is the reason this show did so good, It had the funny, the sad and the ugly...(Zoidberg and Mom). I highly recommend this episode but dont watch it with all your friends because if you cry you might get laughed at. It is the greatest. Seymour A. is the best. Fry was so wrong when he thought Seymour didnt miss him but Seymour waited for him until he died. It rocks!
  • Love, Heart, Loyalty

I\'ve seen this episode a few times now, and every time I watch it - I get a little choked up inside. I won\'t recap the episode, as it\'s been done so many times before. This episode has definitely brought out peoples\' emotions. I just love how images on a screen [no talking or narration] can convey so much emotion and heart. One questions just what is exactly friendship and loyalty - Seymour undoubtedly encompasses all definitions of the terms and more. As a dog lover, it just pulls at my heart to feel that kind of love and pain. May he rest in eternal peace.
  • The only episode I refuse to watch

I'm not going to bore you w/all the plot details. The basic gist is that Fry is confronted with the decision of having a dog he befriended when he was a pizza delivery boy in the 20th century cloned and therefore brought back to the year 3000 or not. There is plenty of flashbacks and narration from Fry to show us just how their special relationship develops and ends on that faithful night when Fry is frozen. At the end, we watch this loyal animal wait day after day for the master who will never return. I cannot watch this episode because it only reminds me of the 3 dogs I had growing up and whose loyalty, obedience, and friendship make it impossible to use the word 'pet' to describe them. I am not a man who cries easily but, my memories of those 3 dogs coupled with the sad nature of this episode's plot turn me into a blubbering baby.

Never again will I watch this one.
  • Fry remembers his dog from 1999. He learns the dog can be brought back to life. He decides not to do it, when he assumes the dog lived a good life after Fry died. Fry doesn't realize that the last 12 years of the dogs life were dedicated to finding Fry.

This is the greatest television episode ever. It is funny and very, very well written. It makes you so mad every time you watch it. And it's not really a bad thing. You become very emotional when you watch this episode, because of how well written it is. This was the only tv show that ever made me cry, and although the episode didn't end the way I hoped, I still think it was the greatest TV episode ever....

If Fry could only see that montage of the dog waiting for Fry. I know he would have decided to bring the dog back.
  • My Favorite Futurama\'s Episode

As a dog lover, I enjoyed this episode more than the other 71 ones, specially the last part of it. All futurama episodes are great, but this one was the most sensitive of all. I liked how the dog waited for Fry till the end. I think this episode gave us a big lesson: The meaning of loyality, and the friendship. Bravo Groening, almost you make me cry with this excellent episode!

• we learn about frys dog

in this flash back episoid we learn about frys dog seemore from 1999 and we learn that frys family did care about him and in this episoide when fry put the pizza down on the desk we see niblers eye stalk under the desk wich mean the shadow from space pilot 3000 was niblers wich means nibler knocked overand we fin out why in THE WHY FROM FRY
  • Saddest episode next to \"Luck of the Fryish\"

When I saw this it brought a tear to my eye. This is by far one of the saddest episodes on tv history. The ending was amazing :*(.The dog just waited and waited there on the side walk for Fry to get back. And time went on and on and the dog still hasn\'t forgot about Fry. This will be one of the series classics. The only regret on this episode was they should have let the song \"I will wait for you\" to go on even in to the credits, then it would be perfect, breath taking perfect .
  • El guión y desarrollo es excelente y el final es como cereza en el pastel.

De todos los episodios este es uno de los mejores desarrollados, sin salir del ironismo, sarcasmo y cantidad de referencias que caracterizan a la serie, la canción final y el desarrollo de la secuencia es una 'chingonería' capaz de dejarte en el limbo si alguna parte de tu andar se identifica. "Esta de no mames".
< 1 2 3