Futurama

Jurassic Bark

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 17, 2002 on Comedy Central

• AHHHHGGG

I HATE being sad, this episode made me the saddest human. DAMN YOU! Stupid Fry, if he just clonned him i'd be happy. but instead it was the saddest show i've seen in my life. O GOD! they didn't have to show that last part. THat closing segment. I hated it. I hated it! I HATED IT!
  • Wrong

Jurassic Park is Season 4 episode 7.
  • I was incredibly harsh on this after only having seen it once

This still isn't one of my favourites, as I dislike it when this show goes away from comedy for emotion, and some humour really suffered here as a result. Bender's magician act, for example, was pretty unfunny, and some of Zoidy and the Professor's lines seemed a little laboured. Apart from that, though, this was pretty good. I liked Leela and Amy's thing and Fry's reaction, it was great to get more insight into Fry's life before he was frozen, and the tragic plot was executed beautifully. The way the two plotlines wound together was nice, and there were a few great jokes, especially at the beginning of the future storyline and in the pre-freezing flashbacks, and some cool touches, such as Seymour singing 'Walking on Sunshine' and Nibbler's eye at the cryogenics lab. Bender was generally rather annoying, but he didn't feature too heavily. The final scene was harrowing, and one of the best emotional scenes seen on the show.
  • Fry finds the fossil of his dog and wants to clone him.

5.5
    (Spoilers)
    Obviously this is a very poignant episode, and based on the scene where Fry's family comes to get the dog from the Cryogenics lab it's clear the dog is the only one who loves him. Bender jumping in the lava to get the dog showed he had come to terms with Fry's love of his dog and that everything would be all right. So, Fry's abrupt "decision" to stop the machine from cloning his companion was just the writer's way of getting to the ending they wanted. And what an ending. It was so devastating and tragic since Fry assumed his dog lived a happy life after he was gone but the truth was he suffered and grieved for over a decade. This level of tragedy I'd expect in a French film, not a Futurama episode. The dog waited for Fry, endured for Fry for so long. Fry was supposed to help his friend.

Science fiction punishes the rash and the evil by ensuring they face the consequences of whatever they did with the help of science. Similarly, science fiction should reward endurance and sacrifice and values such as friendship and companionship. I hope they "revisit" this storyline in the new episodes starting in 2008 because Fry owes it to his friend to make this right, just as the writers owe it to us.
  • This was the only show I have ever watched that had me close to tears. The end scene with Seymour waiting for Fry through the years was too sad too even watch.

I had to turn the channel to stop from crying. Aside from the tearjerking moments it was still a very good episodes with lots of humor in it. But when you watch it make sure you have some tissues handy.
  • Good episode, but heart-wrenching ending.

I both love and hate this episode. I love it because it's so well written, and really pulled me into it; I hate it because of the ending. It's absolutely heart-wrenching.

I debated for a long time how I wanted to rate this episode, and in the end, I gave it a 5. I watch Futurama for its comedy, and to some extent its social commentary. While the episode itself is great for what it is, I don't ever want to come away from Futurama feeling the way this episode left me feeling.

My brain knows it's just a cartoon, but the pet-owner in me is far too empathetic, and can't help but feel devastated at Seymour's loss.
  • This episode was EXTREMELY sad. Seymour died waiting for Fry :( I wish they would've never done this episode, even though it's not real.

This was a sad episode. Every time I watch it I want to cry. I really wish the episode was dropped and never done. I really don't know how to feel about it. It was good, but I hate it because Fry stops the cloning because he thinks Seymour forgot about him. Then it shows Seymour in a flashback waiting for Fry in front of the pizza place that Fry worked at and he died waiting for him. He didn't forget. I really think they should've gone through with the cloning or just kept the episode unaired or unmade. Since it's already done, I highly suggest that Fry finally decides to clone him in one of the four Futurama movies. Poor Seymour. This is a very sad episode.
  • An episode for animal lovers

That ending was beautiful and very sad. The rest was funny, but not especially so--true, for another show it might be top-notch, but for Futurama it's SOP. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Then again, I'm not a big animal lover.
  • Frys pet dog is found fosselised and the proffesser thinks he can bring him back to life.

Yes this is one of the most memorable episodes of the series because its so damn touching. But is that really what "Futurama" is all about?

If I was just judging this episode on its jokes then it wouldn't be one of the better ones, even though there are plenty of funny moments. It's the story that works in this instalments favour, focussing once again on Frys background and the ones he left behind in his own time because he was frozen. We've already seen that he had a brother in the "Luck of the Fryish" episode, which was just as classic as this one, so giving him a dog must of seemed like the best way to go next to create another character driven episode.
  • A look at a friendship between human and dog

I have felt the tears coming in some episodes like Parsites Lost, but this episode was the first one to truley make my start bawling. The emotion was just overflowing by the time the dog rested his head down on the curb and passed away. Besides the tearjerker end, the episode had some great jokes, I loved the series on the sanitation of the pizza parlor with the dog, that was great.
  • Fry discovers that the fossilized remains of his old dog Seymour are on display. Fry campaigns to get Seymour back and eventually does, and Farnsworth says he can use the cloning machine to bring Seymour back to life.

tough one if u have a pet or one that died.its a really really sad episode but still funnt with bender and robo puppy.
    Fry reads in the newspaper that archeologists have recreated an old Pizzaria from the 20th Century. He and Bender go to see it and discover that it is in fact Panucci's Pizza, the pizzeria Fry used to work at in 1999. Fry also discovers that the fossilized remains of his old dog Seymour are on display. Fry campaigns to get Seymour back and eventually does, and Farnsworth says he can use the cloning machine to bring Seymour back to life.
  • The the only piece of TV that has made me cry.The end scene is so SAD.If you want to cry watch this.

A very sad episode. The dog waits for his master that never comes. This is the only piece of television that has ever made me cry. The end scene of Seymour is tear-jerkingly emotional not to mention the perfect song \"If it takes 1000 summers I will wait for you\\\"

If you want to spill some tears, this is the episode to watch.
  • This episode is about Fry finding out that he could have his old dog back like how he found him in 20th century. Bender gets jeleous about the new thing that has just happended and thinks fry doesn't lve him any more so he pushes the dog in the magma.

I like this episode because it tells you about how Fry got his first dog and finds out that he missed him. Then the professor tells Fry that he could bring his dog back to life by making a clone. Bender gets jeleous and pushes the dog into the magma. This episode shows the songs that fry listened to back in the 20th centery. All I could say is that this is one good episode and you shouldn't miss it.
  • One of the most touching episodes of futurama.

In this episode, Fry discovers that his dog from the 20th century was fossilized but the professor can clone him. In preparation of his dog's revival Fry neglects Bender. Bender then becomes jealous of the dog and in the middle of the cloning procedure he throws the fossilized canine into a pit of boiling hot magma. The main conflict was a bit thin but the ending was really sad. The fact that Fry cared so much about his dog added a new dimension to his character. I wish that the dog could have been revived but then what would Futurama be like if Fry had a dog?
  • that last part is... =(

if you wont a good epidsode of futurama that can almost bring you to tears this is 1 cause this epidsode is so sad i said after it... (that dog would of knowed fry) that dog was a smart one and i wish fry din`t destroy the machince almost. but that is how it is its a very good epidsode. and i hope i get to watch it one more time again.
  • Extremly sad episode.

Ive have seen this episode about 10 times always end up crying.
  • i love emotion

this episode is often considered one of, it not, the saddest episode of futurama. in it, fry sees a fossil of his old dog, Seymour. So he imagines life in the 20th century with Seymour before he got frozen. So Professor Farnsworth reveals he can clone the dog. Bender becomes increasingly jealous and nearly destroys the fossil. In the end, right before he is about to clone the dog, Farnsworth notices the dog lived to be 15, 12 years after Fry got frozen. Fry thinks Seymour would have forgotten him by then, so he decides to not clone him. We then see a montage of Seymour waiting for Fry, until his eventual death.

I may sound like a jerk, but I never found the end to be all that sad. It is sad, but I didn't really consider it sad enough where it made me feel bad or made me cry. Still a remarkable episode
  • It's too sad and hard to watch!

"Jurassic Bark"

Grade: A*

One of the saddest, if not the saddest episode of Futurama. Jurassic Bark always gets me at the end, no matter what and it doesn't help that I had a dog in the past as well! A wonderful episode which flashes back to Fry's past in meeting with a dog named Seymour and how they coped and were good pals back in the 20th century.

Fry discovers a fossiled Seymour and discovers that he can bring him back to life. As Bender gets jealous because of thinking Seymour will be Fry's new best friend, he throws the dog into a pool of lava, but recovers and apologizes afterwards. Then, the clone machine starts and it is discovered that Seymour died at 15 years old, and because of this, Fry feels that Seymour probably moved on and forgotten about him over the years. The sad truth is though, he didn't, and waits and waits for Fry outside the Pizza shop for years and years as he gets older and dies of old age. It's too sad!
  • This episode is simply amazing. It has wonderful writing and a classic ending.

To begin with, the parody of the show's name (past-o-rama) is very clever. Furthermore, example of 1990's music (The Hustle) is not too subtle or obvious. Then, as the Seymour story begins, the sadness start up. It is incredibly heart breaking to see a dog waiting for a master who will never return. This has happened at least twice in fairly recent history (the past 150 years). Moreover, it delves more deeply into Bender and Fry's friendship. This episode shows that it is not a one-sided friendship as previously indicated. In conclusion, this episode has both sentimental value for the series, and large amounts of humor.
  • Nibbler and Fry are under the Desk....

Well I don't know if you all know of this.... but if you have seen the Episode "They Why of Fry" you see Fry and nibbler fighting under the desk arguing weather hey should go to the future or not.. well... back to this episode... you can see Nibbler in the Trashcan and as fry is about to fall back.. if you look very closely you can see Fry's and Nibblers Shadow... the weird thing is that this show was done before the other one... creepy huh...
  • it was different for usual episodes.

this episode made me cry, it was so sad. Fry\'s dog wait and wait for him to come back till he dies of old age, that is so cute T_T, i think this espisode is really different from the others, which make this so special. unlike others episode which thrive and depend on humour, this episode had a mix of sadness and gloom with a bit of humour. althought they had some humour in this episode i thought it was not that funny, it just doesn\'t fit. it was really nice to see that the show can offer more than commedy.
  • The most saddest episode of the entire show...

This was the saddest episode of Futurama... Especially because of the final scene, when we saw that Seymour waited the rest of his life for the return Fry, while Fry thought that his dog forgot him and quited the ressurection idea... But the episode wasn't totally sad, we saw that Bender has a great empathy with Fry, it could be possessive, but we see that he needs Fry to live happily. And all the flashbacks to Fry's life before the freezing, the bonding that they've created, "Walking on Sunshine" singed by the dog because Fry liked it.. As my classification said, it really brings tears to our eyes.. A great episode from a brilliant show
  • I was crying this episode is so sad. Especially the ending where Seymour waits for Fry to return, with the music in the background brings a tear to the eye.

As soon as I starting watching this episode i knew it would be sad, and it lived up to my expectations. It was cleverly written and emotionally charged. This has to be one of the most saddest tv show episodes i have ever seen. This epsode was also funny because of Bender trying to out do Fry with a robot dog.
  • It was a great but sad episode

I actually cried during the episode. I couldnt watch it the first time. I had to turn it off and watch it again. I cant believe i cried because i laughed at people dieing by small pox. This is the reason this show did so good, It had the funny, the sad and the ugly...(Zoidberg and Mom). I highly recommend this episode but dont watch it with all your friends because if you cry you might get laughed at. It is the greatest. Seymour A. is the best. Fry was so wrong when he thought Seymour didnt miss him but Seymour waited for him until he died. It rocks!
  • Love, Heart, Loyalty

I\'ve seen this episode a few times now, and every time I watch it - I get a little choked up inside. I won\'t recap the episode, as it\'s been done so many times before. This episode has definitely brought out peoples\' emotions. I just love how images on a screen [no talking or narration] can convey so much emotion and heart. One questions just what is exactly friendship and loyalty - Seymour undoubtedly encompasses all definitions of the terms and more. As a dog lover, it just pulls at my heart to feel that kind of love and pain. May he rest in eternal peace.
  • Fry remembers his dog from 1999. He learns the dog can be brought back to life. He decides not to do it, when he assumes the dog lived a good life after Fry died. Fry doesn't realize that the last 12 years of the dogs life were dedicated to finding Fry.

This is the greatest television episode ever. It is funny and very, very well written. It makes you so mad every time you watch it. And it's not really a bad thing. You become very emotional when you watch this episode, because of how well written it is. This was the only tv show that ever made me cry, and although the episode didn't end the way I hoped, I still think it was the greatest TV episode ever....

If Fry could only see that montage of the dog waiting for Fry. I know he would have decided to bring the dog back.
  • we learn about frys dog

in this flash back episoid we learn about frys dog seemore from 1999 and we learn that frys family did care about him and in this episoide when fry put the pizza down on the desk we see niblers eye stalk under the desk wich mean the shadow from space pilot 3000 was niblers wich means nibler knocked overand we fin out why in THE WHY FROM FRY
  • El guión y desarrollo es excelente y el final es como cereza en el pastel.

De todos los episodios este es uno de los mejores desarrollados, sin salir del ironismo, sarcasmo y cantidad de referencias que caracterizan a la serie, la canción final y el desarrollo de la secuencia es una 'chingonería' capaz de dejarte en el limbo si alguna parte de tu andar se identifica. "Esta de no mames".
  • This has to be the saddest and the best episode of Futurama ever. The last scene was really sad.

Fry and Bender visit a museum which is really the old pizza place Fry used to work at. In a display case, Fry finds his old dog, Seymour. Fry flashbacks of how he met Seymour and how they became friends. After answering some questions, Fry gets to keep Seymour, who has been preserved. The professor says he can bring back Seymour, and Bender becomes jealous. It keeps flashbacking to how Seymour would always wait for Fry outside of the pizza place and Fry would play with him. It shows how on Dec. 31, 1999, the day Fry got frozen, Fry told Seymour to wait for him. Fry was frozen and Seymour looked for him. He found the place where Fry was frozen, and found Fry, but Fry's parents came and got Seymour, not even seeing Fry frozen. Before the professor can bring back Seymour, Bender throws him into lava. Bender decides that Fry actually cared about Seymour, and he jumps into the lava and saves Seymour. This time they are about to bring Seymour back to life and the professor says that Seymour was 15 when he died. Fry realized the Seymour wouldn't remember him, 12 years after he was frozen, and breaks the maching. However, before the credits it goes to a flashback where Seymour is waiting outside the pizza place waiting for Fry. It keeps going threw the 12 years that Seymour waited for Fry, and finally Seymour closes his eyes and dies.
  • I think that this episode is good but i hate it at the same time! i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it! that last scene sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish he just got the frickin dog!i wanted to cry!

I think that this would have been a way better epidode if the dog was brought back to life. It makes me so sad to watch it. I hate watching it but i think that if a show gets you that emotionally involved it must be pretty good. well i know the show is pretty good but the individual episode has broughten the show to a new level.
< 1 2 3