Futurama

Jurassic Bark

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 17, 2002 on Comedy Central

• Wow, just...wow..

This episode was so dramatic. Especially at the end when I started crying. And that's just to show how great this episode was. It's just a another great installment to Futurama. Once again the ending song was great. I encourage everyone to watch htis episode if you haven't yet, cause it's one of the best! 10 out of 10!
  • The best episode of any show ever.

Seymour waits and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits, and waits. It is the saddest moment in television history.

Flanas89
  • The only episode I will not watch.

It's a terrible thing when you cannot stand to watch your favorite episode of one of your favorite TV shows of all time.

This episode makes me cry. Just thinking about the ending makes me tear up. Every time my DVR records this episode I just have to delete it because I know what will happen when I watch it. Try explaining to your co-workers why you start crying when "Walking on Sunshine" is played on the radio or in a commercial.

It's a typical Futurama episode until the ending. The ending just sets it so far apart and above any other episode that you just cannot help but love it.

My favorite episodes are usually the flashback laden ones such as "Luck of the Fryish" but they all left you with your spirits lifted and feeling good.

I just have to call the ending cruel in an amazing way. It tears at your heart and makes you feel the emotion of what Seymour was going through and the emptiness it leaves you with is just makes it stick with you for years. This is the only TV show, animated or not, that is able to install, for lack of a better term, the emotions into you in such a way that it actually becomes a real part of you.

I need to take my dog for a walk now.
  • A total tear-jerker.

I just watched this on my DVD player and I am still crying.Anyways this episode was about Fry's dog Seymour.Fry learns about a recreated pizzaria which turns out to be Panucci's Pizza Fry's former workplace where he finds his old dog Seymour petrified like a fossil.Fry brings Seymour back to the professor and the professor says he can clone Seymour back to life.Then Bender gets all jealous because Fry is spending a lot with the fossilized dog.When Seymour is about to get cloned Bender picks it up and throws the dog in hot magma.After seeing Fry sad because of what Bender did Bender dives in the magma and saves Seymour.When Seymour is about to be cloned again Fry pulls the plug and wrecks the machine then it goes to that tear-jerking,
    heart-wrenching flashback of Seymour showing his loyalty to Fry by waiting for him for years until
    Seymour sleeps and passes away.

This is the first episode I ever saw of Futurama and what sad way to start watching this show.This episode is why I watch Futurama til this very day.So I give this episode a 10.{cries}
  • A masterpiece... gives you all that is best about the show. In its sadness and its joy, this episode blends emotion in such a proper way that in one poignant instant you are so drawn in you cannot bear to watch yet are too dazzled to look away.

This episode follows a common track of the Simpsons writers - misdirection. Often in every joke of theirs, they seem to go a normal route when they veer off into a crazy one. Easily enjoyable as a laugh a minute ride, it soon turns into a roller-coaster of emotions. Fulfilling both to the heart and the soul.
    The Episode begins with Fry discovering that his old Pizza place has been unearthed, and with it his old dog, fossilized. His only friend back in the day, Fry gets Dr. Fransworth to agree to clone him. But Fry's overindulgence in his old best friend leaves his new best friend feeling neglected. Bender's efforts to get Fry's attention are very laughable and who can resist a dog singing 'walking on sunshine'. But the denouement comes as a wow. And a fine ending recalling such classics as Dr. Strangelove, this is a standalone episode yet it works so much as an integral part of the Futurama universe. This episode just reaffirms why the series is so beloved. In all its edginess and the abounding humor, the show still has heart. What more can you ask for?
  • Absolutly wonderful

I never thought Futurama was capable of this kind of emotion. I am a 22 year old builder. I also wear my emotions on my sleeve. I experience more then what my eyes are seeing when I watch TV etc, and this episode was abslutly incredible.

It effectivly parodies the relationship I share with my dog. I love her, she is part of my family. Watching this, I picture myself and my dog in the same situation. I cant imagine my dog going through such pain. To wait her whole life for me to return to her.

I cant fault this show. Its episodes like these that make it better then The Simpsons
  • so sad!

Jurassic Bark is most definately the saddest thing i have ever seen ever. I mean seriously if u dont feel the least bit emotional then there is something wrong with you. These type of futurama episodes are my favorite. Also, that song that plays in the background while seymour waits for fry doesnt cheer up the mood the least bit. I would say this is my favorite Futurama episode. So if u want to get a little teary eyed wacth Jurassic Bark.
  • What once was only a dimwitted (albeit humerous) and simple show of the entertaining mishaps of a young man, who is also dimwitted and simple, has gripped my heart as an emotional tear jerker - Unrivaled in its greatness.

While the normal episode of this show may be a laugh-fest full of humor and exchanged insults, you definitely will not find that in this episode.

I am normally a strong-willed man, one who can hold back tears easily and will often be found unaffected by what others see on TV or videos as scary, sad, or funny... But as the final music played in the final scene shown, I could not help but to allow a single tear to fall, to trail down my face. As each second passed, the plot grew thicker, the emotional struggles grew more challenging, and my interest grew greater than I could have ever expected from such a show.

If you haven't seen this episode before, I suggest strongly that you DO watch it... Whether you are an idiot or intellectual, an man or woman, or say tomato or tohmotoh, this episode is a must for anyone...

That includes you.

• Saddest tv episode ever made.

This is the only time a tv show has ever made me curl up into the fetal position and cause my eyes to well up with tears. It was a great episode but I can never watch it again. ever. Every time I see it on tv I have to immediately change the channel. At least there's hope in the future when the writers readdress the story. But that still can't take away the initial sadness. Maybe I'm being too melodramatic but it's this episode's fault. I thought cartoons were suppose to be light-hearted? Damn you Futurama. Probably one of their best episodes in the entire series.
  • One of the most emotional moments in TV history.

If this episode didn't make you cry, than you have no heart. This is the sadest, most emotional episode bar none. I would go as far as to say that this is one of the most emotional moments in TV history! Very few TV shows can pull a feat like this off. They really proved themselves to the fans as a serious TV show. They put a vast majority of jokes that they usually have on hold to show us that this was a raw, emotional show that deserves to be recognized as an immediate classic. If this episode hasn't cemented Futuramas place as a TV classic, than nothing can.
  • Words can not describe the impact this will have on you.

This episode came totally out of the blue, and I mean that in more than one way. I will start comparing again, but only for this outstanding episode. Listen closely here, because I mean this. Although they're excellent, The Simpsons could NEVER do anything like this in a million years, no matter how hard they tried. Futurama is the only cartoon ever (besides The Ren and Stimpy Show) that could ever do something so emotional like this episode. This is the saddest episode, movie....whatever, that I and I'm sure a lot of other people have ever seen. If you're not a fan of Futurama, this will hopefully change your mind, because it sure did for me. By FAR the greatest episode of Futurama, and even The Simpsons. If you have seen this episode, you might agree there is no way of explaining it, you have to see it.
  • So sad I am a dog lover and I almost burst out in tears when I saw this episode.

Fry and Bender discover that the exact pizzeria Fry worked at before coming to the 30th century is on display as part of a 20th century exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. Fry is horrified when he sees his dog, Seymour, petrified among the artifacts in the exhibit. Fry reacts with protest and learns that there is a possibility to clone his "best friend" back to life. Bender perceives Seymour as a threat to his friendship with Fry and gets his own Robo-puppy as competition.

So sad almost cried because of the way the episode ended if you like really sad stories this episode is for you.
  • futurama is more than just a funny parody

with jurassic bark, futurama proves that is more than just a goofy parody of all the stupid stuff we do. the show is a really a thoughtful parody of all the stupid stuff we do.

the episode is funny and boasts the usual antics that you'd expect from the show. when fry finds that his old pizzaria from the 20th century is on display at a museum, he also finds that his old dog and companion, seymour, has been petrified and is on display as well. in flashbacks, we learn about fry and seymour's friendship. we see seymour swimming in the pizza sauce while eating meatballs. fry says, "look, he's so cute. he can do two things at once: eat and swim." then looking down at the pot his eyes widden and he says, "oh, make that three," implying that seymour is doing his business in the sauce.

but as we learn about fry and his dog in the past, professor farnsworth is preparing to extract some of the petrified seymour's doggy dna and clone him in the future. he'll even be able to extract brainwave residue to retrieve seymour's memories and personality.

what fry decides at the moment of cloning is serious and sad. without spoiling the episode, all i will say is that jurassic bark ends with fry missing his companion in the future and a revealing, tragic flashback to the past.

this show makes tons of futurama fans cry... and that fact makes futurama more than just a silly comedy. it is a thoughtful, unconventional look at what is important to us -- using characters who range between a lazy cryogenically frozen pizza delivery boy, an alcoholic robot, a cyclops who just wants to find love, and others...
  • Ending always gets me

In this episode, Fry revists a recreation of a pizza parlor form his time, only to find out it's the one where he used to work at, and then he sees his petrified dog! He then tries to get him from the museum, but they refuse to give it to him... so he steals it. Then the professor announces he's made a machine that can bring his dog, Seymour back to life, so fry takes the chance. Then Bender, feeling neglected by Fry, throws Seymour in lava, making Fry cry. And Bender, feeling remorse for what he did, goes into get Seymour. I will not lie, the ending to this episode is one of the saddest ever seen in a television show (maybe ever.) Overall, an all-time favorite of mine, and well worth watching. 10/10 A+
  • So very sad,Especially the end when the dog waited 12 years for Fry.

The story starts when news spreads that a model replica of a 20th century pizzeria has been found.Fry protests that it isn`t accurate,but then sees his fossilized dog, Seymour who stands in an exibit.he takes the dog and gets thrown out by guards. But he stages a protest to get his dog back. Then,he gets it back when the scientists finish with him. The Professer says it`s all right to clone him because there is a mucus of doggyness inside him. Fry gets all hyped about Seymour coming back. Bender gets really jealous and buys his own puppy called Robopuppy. Then The Proffesser appears and says to commence cloning. The first attempt is foiled when bender knocked seymour into the lava.
    Bender goes after him.The second time,Fry calls it off due to the fact that he lived a full twelve years after he froze.Then a musical montage shows him waiting for fry until he dies.So sad
  • The only episode I refuse to watch

I'm not going to bore you w/all the plot details. The basic gist is that Fry is confronted with the decision of having a dog he befriended when he was a pizza delivery boy in the 20th century cloned and therefore brought back to the year 3000 or not. There is plenty of flashbacks and narration from Fry to show us just how their special relationship develops and ends on that faithful night when Fry is frozen. At the end, we watch this loyal animal wait day after day for the master who will never return. I cannot watch this episode because it only reminds me of the 3 dogs I had growing up and whose loyalty, obedience, and friendship make it impossible to use the word 'pet' to describe them. I am not a man who cries easily but, my memories of those 3 dogs coupled with the sad nature of this episode's plot turn me into a blubbering baby.

Never again will I watch this one.
  • This episode ALWAYS makes me cry....hmmm, wonder if that's a good thing to admit!

This has to one of the best episodes next to "The Luck of The Fryrish" and "The Sting", as well as "The Why of Fry". I can always appreciate an episode that makes me cry....just more proof that i'm only human! Also, I can't really stand to see an "ownerless" animal....it gets me so choked up! It was funny to see Bender get so jealous..... I never thought a robot could feel jealousy, but then again we are talking bout the year 3000..anything is possible. This episode also goes to show that dogs really do make good companions (sorry to those who are cat people....not really a cat person).

This episode deserves a 10! *wipes away a happy tear*
  • This has to be the best or at least most emotional episode

This was just a really great episode. It's almost impossible to watch it without crying at least a little, especially if you have a dog. It was so sad how Fry just missed the chance to be reunited with his most loyal friend. And the end just made me burst out. Seeing that poor dog waiting and waiting for years for Fry was just a heart breaking way to end this great example of Futurama.
  • So Sad

I just finished watching this episode a couple of minutes ago and I'm still crying. This was the saddest thing I have ever seen, or maybe for me because it reminded me of my cat who died on the 9th of October. It reminded me of my cat because my cat died while he was outside waiting for me to let him back inside the house, and while he was waiting he got hit by a car or someone hit him with something and he just couldn't make it back to my house before collapsing and then I had to find him dead when I woke up.

I don't usually let out any kind of emotion, even if someone is around me. But I was watching this episode with my grandmother and I had to leave because I was about to cry so badly. And I'm still crying as I write this review.

If you have had to experience something like this, I definetly recommend you don't watch this episode, or atleast not the last couple of minutes of it.
  • Doglovers will be crying for days after watching this episode (I know I will be).

From what was changed from Fry's mother being found (which was considered too much of a tearjerker) to Fry finding his dog, this episode will surely make even the toughest of people shed tears (I was bawling for at least an hour!!!). What really makes it the tearjerker that it is is the fact that it shows Seymour looking for Fry on the new year, Seymour being dragged away from Fry's criogenically frozen body, and the song at the end that plays as we see Seymour grow up and then go to sleep for good. God, just typing this is making me bawl!!!! If y'all would excuse me..................
  • Fry's Dog

This episode always gets me. Fry's dog is so loyal to him before and after Fry's freezing. They cared about each other so much, that it makes Bender jealous. Seymour waited for so long for Fry, and never sees him again. The montage at the end always brings a tear to my eye. Despite being a funny series, Futurama has a knack for creating a good sentimental moment every once in a while. This Demonstrated excellent writng and a depth in character rarely seen in a comedy series. This is one of the best episodes of Futurama ever. I recomend it to anyone.
  • This is what Futurama can do at their full potential!

Nothing ever combined comedy and tragedy ever so perfectly together! This is what Futurama can do, put together the symphony of the two sides to emotions that can natually come from TV! What a great accomplishment! With the Japanese doggie reference, Seymour, Fry's loyal doggie who him named after delivering to a Prank Call, had waited for Fry's miracle return from the cryogenic chamber for twelve years upon death (Caused by Bender as shown in Bender's Big Score), while in the future, Fry mistook that Seymour had forgotten all about him in twelve years and wrecked the only chance of Seymour's rebirth, the saddest and the funniest (Bender getting Jealous) episode ever created in Cartoon history!
  • IT WAS SO SAD

Awww this episode is not my favorite but this literally made me cry watching that dog wait out there for so long and fry still hasn't come back it just is soooo sad, it's really old but if i was that dog i would be really really really really really really sad, :'(, I wish they would show this ( futurama the entire series) more often on TV cuz they only place i see it is on comedy central at 10:00. They should show it on Cartoon Network again, that would be awesome, sigh.... that episode was pretty epic lol
  • one of the best futurama episodes

• The perfect episode, but only if you already know and love the show.

This is the episode of Futurama for me. My favorite, hands down. I saw it for the first time when it premiered in 2002 and to this day, every time I watch it on Adult Swim, it still brings tears to my eyes.

Like I said, Futurama is all about heart. And this episode rips my heart out and makes me cry. It takes one heck of a series and an episode to do that.
  • Phenomenal.

Fry makes a crushing discovery; the fossil to his former bestfriend "Seymour" has been found, and the Professor has a way of reviving him through cloning. However, the news about Seymour has Bender upset that he's eventually going to be replaced on Fry's friends list. He gets so upset that he throws the fossil in molten lava. Bender realizes the error of his ways, and attempts to rescue it, which he is successful at. Fry in the end makes the decision not to clone Seymour under the assumption that Seymour has forgotten about him. Fry didn't know that it was the complete opposite.

A magnificent and all around excellent episode. I find that most of these modern animated comedies to be quite funny, though carry within them this dragged out feel that you just want it to end. The episode is rewarded because of the comedy, but it's overall not quite as enjoyable as it should be. This however, eliminates that feeling because of the emotional traits it carries. It starts with the dog itself in Seymour, who displays nothing but love for Fry, as well as simple joys. The ending was such a crushing and depressing blow when Fry decided not to clone his dog, to his ignorance that his dog indeed cared for him his entire life. The ending was really what made it such a great episode.
  • If you don't feel sad at the end of this episode, your a cold hearted bast*rd.

This is by far the most emotional episode of the series. Fry reads in the newspaper that archaeologists have recreated an old Pizzaria from the 20th Century. He and Bender go to see it and discover that it is in fact Panucci's Pizza, the pizzeria Fry used to work at in 1999. Fry also discovers that the fossilized remains of his old dog Seymour are on display. Fry campaigns to get Seymour back and eventually does, and Farnsworth says he can use the cloning machine to bring Seymour back to life. Sadly at the end of the episode Fry decides not to clone him because he thinks Seymour forgot all about him, and you see that Seymour dies waiting for Fry.
  • Shows you the shape of your heart

Its hard to explain an episode which drives you through several emotions in the span of 22 minutes. The highs of laughter, happiness to the lows of loneliness and depression. This is by far the most heart-breaking sweet episode in the series. The episode seems very normal, with the usual antics and general flashbacks to when Fry was in the 90s. Yet the ending is so unexpected and so perfectly done that it will reach out and touch you. The imagery and the song. Perfect. just plain perfect.

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.
  • Fry discovers that his old dog Seymour is fossilized

Fry reads in the newspaper that archaeologists have recreated an old Pizzeria from the 20th Century. He and Bender go to see it and discover that it is in fact Panucci's Pizza, the pizzeria Fry used to work at in 1999. Fry also discovers that the fossilized remains of his old dog Seymour are on display. Fry campaigns to get Seymour back and eventually does, and Farnsworth says he can use the cloning machine to bring Seymour back to life. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". It was funny but it was also very sad. I love this episode but sometimes it's hard for me to even watch it because it's so sad especially when a dog that really loves you just waits for you. Right now, I have two wonderful dogs named Snuggles and Lucy. Snuggles is my outside dog (or guard dog since she is tough and brave) and Lucy is my housedog who happens to be the opposite of Snuggles (she is a coward) but I love both of my dogs very much. Anyways, I can see why Fry is so sad. The fact that Fry didn't want to clone Seymour anymore because Seymour lived for 15 years which means that he lived 12 years later after Fry got frozen. The flashbacks of Fry and Seymour were great. Also, the flashbacks of Seymour discovering that Fry is frozen was interesting also. I just wished that when Fry's parents entered the laboratory, they turned around saw their own son Fry frozen. I would have actually wanted to see their reactions of that but it didn't happen sadly. The episode ending with Seymour waiting and waiting for Fry by Panucci's Pizza year after year until Seymour died was very very very sad... I cried big time watch that part and it broke my heart. Overall, I love this episode of "Futurama" but sometimes I don't want to watch it again but it's painful for me to watch...for me at least, I don't know about the other users though. 10/10

• After finding out an ancienct pizza parlor has been uncovered Fry finds his dog Seymore fossilized and on display. When he gets Seymore back the Professor attempts to reanimate him.

This is simply the saddest episode of the series. The way it ends with Seymore growing old and waiting for Fry nearly brought tears to my eyes. With flashbacks to the 20th century we see Fry in a new light, with his dog being his only true friend. It kills me that Fry doesnt bring Seymore back to life to rekindle what he had. Plus Bender is simply great with his jealousy. And we all know now that the Daily Growl is not a reputable journal of opinion. Overall I think this is one of the best episodes of Futurama in its enture run.
< 1 2 3