Futurama

Law and Oracle

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 07, 2011 on Comedy Central

• Fry decides to join the police academy after he gets tired of being pranked as a pizza delivery guy

I thought that this was a great episode of "Futurama". It wasn't my favorite episode but it was pretty enjoyable for the most part and I really liked it. I thought the plot was well written for the most part. Fry is getting pranked a lot as the pizza delivery guy and is tired of it. Fry then decides to join the police academy. There were some funny parts in this episode. It was hilarious when the cops arrested Roberto the robot after he attempted another crime. I thought it was hilarious when Fry enrolled in the police academy with no pants on. That robot who has Fry's police partner was very funny and made me laugh pretty hard. I thought the "TRON" scene in this episode was hilarious. I also thought it was funny when Leela and Bender went to Pandora (a.k.a. AVATAR). So there were two scenes from the movies in this episode which were TRON and AVATAR. It was also funny how in Pandora that it is 3-D for a minute. The ending of this episode was very funny as well. My score was a little low because some parts just seemed to drag a little and it was a little too predictable towards the end of the episode. Overall, a great episode of "Futurama". 8.5/10
  • Fry gets fed up with being pranked as a delivery boy. He watches the cops arrest Roberto after yet another robbery attempt, this time holding Planet Express hostage. Fry then decides to join the police force, with surprising results.

Law and Oracle was somewhat of a surprise, as I did not expect it to live up to expectations set by episodes Neutopia and Benderama (didn't care for Ghost in the Machines). Not only is this a fantasic episode, but for the first time since Bender's Big Score, this feels like old Futurama, in both story structure and jokes. It got off to a slow start, nodding to past episodes by putting a heavy emphasis on Fry's tendency to get pranked while making deliveries and even says at one point that these pranks have been happening every week for the past 10 years. After Fry joins the police force, the episode really picks up. I mean, a lot of things happen, and it continues to prove that Futurama can pack more plot elements and jokes into a 22-minute episode than most movies out there today that exceed 1 and 1/2 hours. Overall, I'd like to give the episode a 10, but I feel there is always room for improvement. On top of that, the ending was great, but felt a bit predictable once all of the plot elements had come together. Easily my favorite episode in season 6b. Yes that's right, tv.com, this is not season 8, but actually considered to be the second part of season 6.