Futurama

Law and Oracle

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 07, 2011 on Comedy Central

• Fry gets fed up with being pranked as a delivery boy. He watches the cops arrest Roberto after yet another robbery attempt, this time holding Planet Express hostage. Fry then decides to join the police force, with surprising results.

Law and Oracle was somewhat of a surprise, as I did not expect it to live up to expectations set by episodes Neutopia and Benderama (didn't care for Ghost in the Machines). Not only is this a fantasic episode, but for the first time since Bender's Big Score, this feels like old Futurama, in both story structure and jokes. It got off to a slow start, nodding to past episodes by putting a heavy emphasis on Fry's tendency to get pranked while making deliveries and even says at one point that these pranks have been happening every week for the past 10 years. After Fry joins the police force, the episode really picks up. I mean, a lot of things happen, and it continues to prove that Futurama can pack more plot elements and jokes into a 22-minute episode than most movies out there today that exceed 1 and 1/2 hours. Overall, I'd like to give the episode a 10, but I feel there is always room for improvement. On top of that, the ending was great, but felt a bit predictable once all of the plot elements had come together. Easily my favorite episode in season 6b. Yes that's right, tv.com, this is not season 8, but actually considered to be the second part of season 6.