Futurama

Less Than Hero

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 02, 2003 on Comedy Central

• Zookeeper--Novel Concept For A Villain!

I liked this episode for the fact that Matt Groening and Co. managed to create a very funny yet invincible villain known as The Zookeeper. Why didn't the writers of the old "Batman" TV show come up with the idea of having an animal trainer try to foil the Caped Crusaders with an oddball assortment of wildlife creatures at his command? The only thing I hated about "Less Than Hero" was the weak ending--I felt that Captain Yesterday and his troops should have somehow reversed the situation and trained the animals to attack the Zookeeper! If only Fry and Leela could have somehow gotten hold of an extra tube of that miracle cream...
  • du na na na na na na na du na na na na na na na Batman!

What do you get when you combine the classic Adam West Batman TV series with Futurama? Hilarity of course! Each scene was pretty well thought out and executed, such as the scene when Fry and Leela first discovered their superpowers, and then it followed it up nicely with Bender who was an associate with the robber that tried mugging Fry and Leela. The montage of crimes that they've been tackling after that was very well done. The battle against The Zookeeper, this is where it became Batman like. The corny antagonist, I mean seriously a zookeeper? And than the headlines to exaggerate actions. It did an even better job of making things dramatic later on though with the involvement of Leela's parents. Seeing them go back into the sewers like that was pretty depressing. The ending got kind of lazy, but it added nice closure to this great episode.
  • hillaroius episode

Fry's and Leela's back hurts so they turn to Zoidberg. Zoidberg gives them a special cream. They become super hero's because that's one of the side affects for the cream. They decide to fight crime, but keep there identity secret. Leela's parents get a special pass to come up to the suface for a day. They are sopposed to come up an hour after a bank robbery. The bank got robbed an hour late. Leela missed her mom and dad coming up. Leela goes to the sewer to visit her parents. She tells them that she is a super hero. Her parents tell everyone. A bad guy kidnappes her parents and says if she doesn't get a diamond, then he'll kill her parents. They run out of cream so they don't have super power's anymore. They pretend they and rob a bank. They trade it for Leela's parents. Everything is back to normal again.
  • An amazingly funny episode that had some action too.

Professor Farnsworth orders a supercollider from ðKEA; and after assembling it, Fry and Leela are left with sore muscles. Dr. Zoidberg prescribes them a "miracle cream". While returning the broken supercollider to the store, Fry and Leela are mugged. They discover they are immune to laser fire and physical attacks, a side effect of the "miracle cream"; they also gain the abilities of super strength and super speed. They form a team of superheroes, the New Justice Team taking the names "Captain Yesterday," "Clobberella," and Bender joining them as "Super King."

Leela makes a visit to CitiHall, and procures a special one-day surface pass for her mutant parents. Shortly after, the mayor summons the New Justice Team to deal with a criminal threat. The Museum of Natural History is going to be robbed of the Quantum Gemerald at 9 a.m. by a criminal mastermind called the Zookeeper, who uses trained animals to aid him in his crimes.

Leela, planning her day, schedules her parents' surface visit for 10 a.m. at the same museum. Her plans are ruined when the Zookeeper is an hour late for the theft. The New Justice Team foils the robbery, but the Zookeeper escapes. Leela's parents, convinced that Leela didn't show up because she's ashamed of them slink back to the sewers, just a moment before Leela rushes out onto the street.

Leela makes a trip to her parents' home where she reveals her superhero identity. Leela swears them to secrecy for their own protection, but Morris tells his friends, and the word spreads. Shortly after, Planet Express receives a call from the Zookeeper, who has kidnapped Leela's parents. He is willing to ransom them for the Quantum Gemerald, which he demands they steal for him.

The New Justice Team resolves to steal the gem. Unfortunately, they have run out of miracle cream, and are forced to commit the robbery without super powers. Fortunately, the museum guards still think The Team have superpowers, and the Gemerald is retrieved successfully. The Quantum Gemerald is given to the Zookeeper, who releases Leela's parents and escapes. Bender and a morally confused Fry set off to commit a few more crimes while they still have their superhero costumes, and life returns to normal.
  • Fry, Leela and Bender become superheroes.

Fry and Leela discover a cream that Dr Zoidberg bought from a travelling salesman actually gives them superpowers. Along with Bender they become a crime fighting trio battling to save the city of New New York.

A very fuuny moment is when Fry and Leela question Benders motives in wanting to be a crimefighter believing him to be on the supply side of crime.

During this episode we see a lot of corny, but funny scenes involving the trios exploits. Much similar to the early Batman series. With insane plans being devised by their nemesis and them having to stop it from happening.
  • Fry, Leels and Bender become super heroes. All in all a pretty good episode. But a bit out of the ordianary Futurama episodes you'll ever see.

After Leela and Fry start to have aches and pains Dr. Zoidberg gives them some "Magic Cream" which he got from a distant traveller a while ago which surprisingly or not surprisingly as the case may be leads to not releaving the aches and pains but leading them to have super powers! Leela's parent get permission to come up to the surface but as Leela is a super heroe she is late to meet her parents. But in the end all goes well. They protected and surved their community and Leela's parent forgave her. Watch it, it is a great episode.
  • This is one of my top 2 favorite episodes! I can\'t figure out if it\'s my favorite or second favorite.

This has got to be my favorite Futurama episode. My favorite part has to be...every funny part in the episode, like. \"Oh, I completely forgot!\" said Leela. \"I left my apartment on fire!\" and \"I just can\'t take life anymore!\" yells fry as he jumps out the window. I also like his hero name, Captain yesterday. It would sound cooler though if it wasn\'t CAPTAIN yesterday. Maybe...just something else that sounds cool. I didn\'t really like Bender\'s hero name, and it was smart of him to want to change it to El Zilcho. Anyway, I like this episode a lot. This is one of my top 2 favorite episodes! I can\'t figure out if it\'s my favorite or second favorite.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This is a really funny episode. Fry becomes a super hero.

I give this episode a 9.5 out of 10.
  • Fry, Leela, and Bender become superheroes and fight crime in New New York. Another reason why the show should come back!

I really enjoyed this episode. It's one of my favorites.
    I loved the plot, with Fry and Leela getting powers after putting miracle cream on themselves. Bender joins with his own powers.(strength, stretching his arms far, opening that door on his chest.)
    They fight crime under secret identities, Captain Yesterday(Fry), Cloberella(Leela), and Super King(Bender.), and form the New Justice Team. The cream's effect doesn't last long, so they have to rub more on.
    They come against a new enemy, the ZooKeeper. He uses animals to fight. He plans a heist to steal a Gemerald at 9, but Leela also is scheduled to meet her mutant parents at 10:00 that day. The ZooKeeper is late for his heist,making Leela not get to see her parents, so her parents think she hates them because she didn't see them on their only trip they'll ever have to the surface.
    Leela later apologizes to them and tells them she's Cloberella. Her dad blabs, despite being told not too. ZooKeeper hears him blab, too, via a parrot.
    ZooKeeper kidnaps them and holds them hostage until the New Justice Team gets the Gemerald for him. They have no powers because they are out of miracle cream. So they just pretend they have powers and steal the Gemerald. They give it to the ZooKeeper, and he gives Leelas's parents back.
    Leela forgives them for giving out her identity.
    Fry and Bender go out to steal more stuff while in costume.

I loved this one. The best quote was when ZooKeeper got his hawk to fetch the Gemerald, and Fry said: "That seemed unnecessary."
    The whole thing where they parody the old Batman show in the museum while fighting ZooKeeper's animals was the best scene.
    Other things that made me laugh were Bender's "power" of opening the door on his chest, Bender asking if it was too late to change his name to "El Zilcho.", and Zoidberg saying "Screw You!" when Fry and Leela were testing out their powers to control sea creatures, which they don't have.
    It had a great plot, too. It's a shame the show has ended. Maybe they will bring it back, someday?
    9.3/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • Introduction of the ZooKeeper

This episode is a classic, with the New Justice Team using their powers to fight evil with great scenes such as the Mayor's office where they Fry, Leela and Bender are going to meet Captain Yesterday, Clobberella and Super King at the mayor's request and the excuses that they make are hilarious, especially Fry saying he has nothing to live for and jumping out the window. Leela's parents returning for this episode was good, especially since the ZooKeeper was late for his own heist. This episode is terrific, especially Zoidberg's lines and Bender's crookery. The whole episode was very creative and amusing.
  • one of the best of the best. comic book heroes come alive but can't do the job with the trainer and his critters. bender is crooked and steals things but he is a good guy but if you watch he doesn't stay that way for long. see leela's parents too.

leela wanted to see her parents but they can only come up with a pass only. good old zoiberg gives them some cream that makes them super so now they have to work while leela's parents come up. and we have this crook who thinks he is a animal trainer