Futurama

Love and Rocket

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 10, 2002 on Comedy Central

• A great episode with a touching ending

"Love And Rocket"

Grade: A-

I personally like this episode alot. Although most consider it average, I think the episode uses all the characters very well, and Bender was being his usual self, and when he dates the Planet Express ship, he comes out with some very funny moments. I liked the idea of Bender pretending to be interested in the ship, and all of a sudden dumping it at the same time. It was in character and a funny thing for him to do, though the primary reason why I like this episode alot is because of the final act.

The episode starts off strongly by making a delivery from Romanticorp to Omicron Persei 8. The Omicronians receive candy hearts for Valentine's Day, confused by the messages displayed on the candy. As the crew escape from attack, Bender dumps the ship and hurt's her feelings, causing the ship to get hit. Bender tries to distract her so that Fry and Leela can shut the ship's brain down so they can have full control over the ship again. One of my favourite scenes of the entire show is present in this episode, in which Fry sacrifices his own oxygen to keep Leela alive, and after being revived, is holding the perfect heart candy message in his mouth saying "U Leave Me Breathless". I thought this was perfect for building up the Fry and Leela character development, and found it very touching. Overall, I'm going to give this episode a 9/10, with Bender delivering most of the jokes, yet being quite touching too on the Fry and Leela side of the story.

WGNAMER