Futurama

Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 26, 2010 on Comedy Central

7.1
  • Lrrr the alien plans to get his wife back by faking that he's taken over Earth to impress her with the help of the planet express gang.

So far the new series of "Futurama" has been damn good! Lets hope this episode is not its quality lowering back to the standards of the mediocre "Attack of the killer app" and "That Darn Katz" for long.

When I first read what the plot of this episode was I wasn't exactly excited. Why do "Futurama" keep bringing back this Lrrr character? He was good as a one off but has already been overused. Anyway, he's here and ends up staying with the main characters when his wife kicks him out. They try and find him a new woman and later (with the help of Orson Wells head) try to convince his ex-wife he's conqured Earth so she'll take him back. This, plus the opening at comic-con 3010, Frys own comic-book, and the twist ending makes for an episode crammed with ideas. But it just isn't funny enough. After the first half or so the gags start losing it and the episode had me groaning more than laughing by the end.