Futurama

Mars University

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 03, 1999 on Comedy Central

• Fry is forced to share a room with a talking monkey named Guenter for Farnsworth's experiment at a university

Fry, Leela, Bender and Farnsworth have to go to Mars University where Fry has to share a room with a talking monkey, Farnsworth's latest invention. The monkey becomes a real headache when he starts beating Fry in all areas. Meanwhile, Bender is hanging out with nerd robots. I thought that this was a superb episode of "Futurama". It's not my favorite but I liked it for the most part. I enjoyed the second half of the episode more though. The first half of the episode bored me a little and I didn't like how Guenter was treating Fry in the first half of the episode plus I rarely laughed at anything. Only time I laughed in the first half of the episode was when Bender and the other robots were climbing a ladder to peek through the window of a girls' computer then they say stuff like "Oh that is a bad computer... a hot one" (or something close to that) and then they fall off the ladder. As for the second half of the episode, I laughed twice as more than the first half such as when Farnsworth said "No, I should've broke both of his legs" when Guenter went crazy and jumped through the window to go to the jungle, the entire race plot with Bender and the other robots, those sailers about to win the race but Bender and the other robots come out of nowhere in the lake and win the race, and more. So yeah, the second half of the episode made me laugh a lot while the first half rarely made me laugh but not only but I just didn't find the first half that enjoyable. It's a superbly written episode though and I would recommend to fans everywhere. Overall, a superb episode of "Futurama" but I honestly enjoyed the second half of the episode much more. 9/10