Futurama

Mother's Day

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 14, 2000 on Comedy Central

• Not quite sure what to make of this one.

Mom is a great character, and I like the idea of the robot rebellion, plus this has some enjoyable jokes in it. The 'revelation' isn't done as badly as it could have been, either. However, once the third act's plot with the Professor trying to seduce Mom kicks in, the episode becomes one of the most disturbing Futurama episodes ever. The sex scenes with the Professor and Mom are quite frankly sick...if they'd left what happened to the imagination and moved into another plot after the Professor had deactivated the robots, it might have been a lot better. However the Professor/Mom sex plot doesn't detract from the rest of the episode - for some reason I've always liked TV plots of society collapsing. Overall, this was a pretty good episode for the first two acts.
  • Introduction of the Wheel

This episode is fantastic, especially the revelation that the future doesn't know about the wheel since everything hovers and the robot rebellion. I also like the greeting card leading Bender to the rebellion. The end of the episode was very funny with Farnsworth declaring that he'd always love Mom in his own subtle way before showing that Planet Express was surrounded with gorillas programmed to say "Love Mom". One part I enjoyed immensely was the robot janitor "Can't a robot made of wax stand in the middle of a display of wax robots? Or does that confuse you?" Mom is a great evil character and this episode did not disappoint.
  • Great episode shows the evilness of mom and her (quiver) romantic side... don't understand 1001100 thou

Great episode shows the evilness of mom and her (quiver) romantic side... one thing that got me stump is what the robots were saying in there masses "hey, hey, ho, ho 1001100" still dont no what was so significant about the number 76 (1001100) it doesnt refrence anything to do with riots or why they are, its just there metal 'Osmium'.

Other then that snippet it was very amusing seeing how deeply the humans relied on robots, toaster, grunter, greating cards.. and how they go back to the stone age instantly

• Farnsworth finds out what "THE WHEEL'' is.

7.7
    Excellent episode! Mom, her sons Walt,Larry and Ignar with Bender, Fry, the Professor and others were all very funny. The plot was good. I like the Mom/Farnsworth history. Bender's love for Mom was weird but funny.The thought of anyone hating this episode makes the tapioca rise in my gullet.
    Just a great episode with a great plot. I really liked the albino gorillas!
  • Mom commands the robots to rebel.

On Mothers Day, the day that robots traditionally give presents to their creator; 'Mom' she sets them loose so that they can install her as the Supreme Leader of Earth.

All the robots are unable to resists the commands Mom has given them causing the inhabitants of New New York to barricade their doors to protect themselves from the hoards of rampaging robots. The citizens of New New York become desperate and are unable to survive without the aid of the robots to which they have become accustomed to. It is revealed that the Professor has a history with Mom and it is only he that can persuade her to call off the attack.
  • Great Episode to say the absolute least.

Every Mother's Day, robots made in Mom's Friendly Robot Company factories around the world give gifts, money and cards to the owner of the corporation, Mom. However, this year, Mom, bitter about a romantic affair that had ended 70 years prior, orders the entire robot population of Earth to rebel and overthrow humanity through a control that transmits to every robot's antenna. This doomed romance had been with a younger Professor Hubert Farnsworth, then an employee of Mom's Friendly Robot Company. When Mom insisted that the Professor's latest design, a children's toy named Q.T. McWhiskers, be changed to an eight-foot-tall death machine to be sold on the intergalactic arms market, the Professor, enraged, stormed out of the room, and they hadn't seen each other since.

Wishing to end the robot rebellion and save humanity, Mom's three sons, Walt, Larry, and Ignar, cooperate with the Planet Express crew to obtain the robot control Mom keeps in her bra. Their plan is to bring Mom to her rustic cabin in the Bronx, have the Professor seduce her, remove her bra, and use the control to end the rebellion. They give the crew a valuable non-computer-drawn map to their destination. Because of the distance, Fry builds a wagon (with oval wheels) to carry the Professor, but is then forced to pull it to the cabin.

When the Professor and Mom do meet, however, their love is rekindled, and they erupt into sex. Amidst this, everyone else comes in to escape the robots, who have made their way to the Bronx. Mom decides to call off the rebellion, but her bra is nowhere to be found. After searching, it is found to be hanging on a robotic fan which refuses to return it. Fortunately, Bender arrives and Mom asks him to recover her bra. While he initially refuses, when his card states that in the post-rebellion "robot worker's paradise" there will be no liquor, Bender angrily destroys the card and fetches the bra from the fan.

Mom uses the remote control to stop the rebellion, but dumps the Professor after learning of their plot. Life is then returned to normal. In order for the Professor to remember Mom, he sends out his albino shouting gorillas to yell her name.
  • The professor and MOM bump uglies. And all that that implies.

"Dust cakes", "elephant-skinned rugs" - I laughed hard at this episode. I can't remember a time when I've heard so many hilarious euphamisms for "old". MOM is so deliciously evil: "I'll jam a squirrel in him." What a lovely sentiment. It was also a little touching, in a creepy sort of way. I also love MOM's sons. I wonder if the professor is their father. I also cracked up when her son picked up her underwear. His reaction to handling them was absolutely priceless. This is one of my favorite episodes. I wish I had a Q.T. McWhiskers doll. I don't care if it IS 8 feet tall.
  • We found out that Professor Farnsworth and Mom were once lovers.

There is a special day of the year for all robots to show how much they care for Mom, since she was responsible for most all of them being built. Mom uses this day to have a program that had been installed on every robot to activate. The robots then turn on all living creatures to help Mom take over the world. She keeps a device in her bra to stop the robots and turn them back to normal. Her sons go to Planet Express and tell everyone that they only have one chance of stopping Mom's plan and that is for the Professor to....
  • funny episode

• So many wrinkles!!!!

Oh god... Mom and Professor Farnsworth were soooo wrinkly, it was totally disgusting, I puked. It's not the reason I gave the episode a 9.0, I just think the episode was worthy of a 9.0 scoring, nothing lower, and nothing higher. It wasn't perfect, but it was really great. I like holiday episodes of TV shows, and this was a really enjoyable holiday episode. It was a great sitdown with Futurama.

On Mother's Day, Mom orders the robots of Earth to rebel until she is made Supreme Overlord. The only way to stop the chaos is for Professor Farnsworth to seduce Mom, his old flame!