Futurama

Proposition Infinity

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 08, 2010 on Comedy Central

7.2
  • When Amy starts getting bored of Kiff she gets with Bender, which leads to controversy as she is human and he is a robot.

This episode is absolutely hilarious and had me laughing every second. Not only that, but so much happens in its 20 minutes running time that there is never a moment to be bored in the slightest.

Hardcore fans may complain about Amy getting it on with Bender but I think its a good way to go with the characters and an ingenious way of exploring the stupid but funny idea of Robosexuality. I mean who else could Bender have hooked up with? Leela? Now that would of been bad! Besides, i'm not a fan of Kiff!

In typical sitcom style everything is back to normal at the end and the major events that happen throughout this instalment will probably never be mentioned again in the series. Still, I think this is an excellent stand alone episode of the series that's not to be missed!
  • "I HATED JIM!"

I was not too taken at first with this one- a lot it is subjective, how I feel at the moment, how much the commercials annoy me and disturb the continuity- even what time I am viewing. But I think the thing so many people forget is how often on a first viewing so much subtlety zips passed unnoticed. As mentioned,I felt this one was sorta weak too (and again, more topical than the first incarnations) but now just going through and editing out the commercials I am seeing really great asides I missed on Thursday. I see more negative that positive here and there, especially in the "real" world- I would hope critics can be a bit more patient generous or this may be a very short resurrection indeed.
  • Amy and Bender have a robosexual relationship after a breakup with Kif.

So this ep starts with Amy and Kif watching the news, and they get on a fight aboput where their relationship is going. Meanwhile Bender was doing somekind of graffitti with tiles (once he turned Freeway ends in the Corner into Free Corn and Hyper-Chicken crashed, LOL). So he is arrested and asks Amy to bail him. There Amy shows a prisoner a tattoo of her mother in her ass and Kif breaks up with her. At a bar, Bender tells her to shut up so much they end up sleeping together, but uh oh! Robosexuality is taboo. The Professor discovers it (fortunalely I didn't live till this moment "che3cks pulse" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL) and calls the Wongs and Robopreacher and the ocuple is separated. Then Fry and Leela attempt to bring them back toegether and rescue Amy and Bender and make a parade and try to make people appporve Proposition oo (Infinity), which leads to a debate between Bender and the guy Fansworth has debating for him (which is himself, he saw imself on the screen and said, this guy!) where it's revealed Farnsworth was a robosexual too, so it's approved and after Amy says their marriage is monogamous, he leaves her, and Kif returns with a badass attitute and they get toghether. Oh! And Hermes has circusitis and the Planet Express crew goes to Planet Tornadus to help Farnsowrth win a bake-off. And Ghosts and Horse can marry in the year 3000 LOL. 9/10. One of the best of the season SO FAR.
  • Impressive episode

Okay, the last two episodes were good in my opinion, but this one rocked the whole house! Not only it had comedy, but the fact that they used Amy and Bender to criticize one of today's society's problems was very well handled. It was also good to see that the rest of Planet Express (being the Professor the only one who opposed it) expressing that they don't have any problem about robosexual relationships or marriage...

Can anyone give me a very, very, very, very BIG Amen? Why do I ask that? It's simple, because Futurama is back on its course and it seems to me that it's going to stay like that. 10 out of 10
  • Much better than the last 2 episodes, Futurama is slowly getting back to its roots

"Proposition Infinity"

Grade: B

So last week's episode felt a bit out of place, parodying future versions of current technology, and many felt that it didn't feel like Futurama. Well, good news everyone! Proposition Infinity is more like the original ones, focusing on the future setting, and giving out plenty of jokes, though there are still some which don't work (I thought Hermes' Circusities was too random and out of place to be worth more than a chuckle at least).

Many of the best lines and moments in this episode came from the main characters, but even the minor ones had some pretty good moments. Preacherbot, Roberto, and the Hyper-Chicken were pretty funny, and the only thing I felt was a slight letdown was the ending, again this time seemingly rushed and resolved very quickly. Farnsworth's explanations about the robosexual relationship incident he had was a little far-fetched in my opinion, but I thought it was a nice change that Kif splitted up with Amy for a while, though some might be disturbed by the Bender and Amy relationship.

Overall, Futurama has proven it can still provide the old humour we loved in its original run as proven by many jokes in this episode. It's just when will we see an episode where everything is done correctly in the way we loved? Well, Proposition Infinity was funny and got to the point, so we can only expect the average quality of episodes to go up, and hopefully not down.
  • superb

amy and kif have a fight and bender and amy soon become an item. only problem is robosexual relationships are illegal. bender and amy fight for their rights to have a relationship, but will they be able to win?

good episode, not the greatest ever, but great nonetheless. Some parts, such as farnsworth's line about who was reprresenting him, felt like classic jokes from before it was canceled. Overall, one of my favorites of the new ones, hopefully they get better and better, my grade for this is a B or so though because the ending felt really abrupt. Superb
  • Mama said Spock you out....

For that gag and the circusitis bit alone this episode gets good marks, and anyone that doesn't think they were good jokes is pretty wrong. There were other great bits.

'...legalize it.....We were talking about robosexuality......We were talking about a lot of things'

'pre-op transformer'

Some may be put of by humans having sex with robots but there so many great bits that made this episode probably the best I've seen of the new run, it felt like an old episode and made me laugh a lot. If the rest of this series keeps up the quality of the gags then I'm so glad it's back.
  • Poor. . Really poor

This was a really oddly paced and executed episode. It felt like they had tried to fit a film script into a 20 minute slot. My main concern with the episode was the way they split Amy and Kif up just to do a thinly veiled gay marriage" episode, only to reunite them at the end. Basically admitting to the fact that the entire plot was a badly conceived and largely contrived piece.

Infact, the out of character behaviour of all the major players in the show from the reboot has been a source of concern. Suddenly Bender loves amy? We know Bender cares about nobody but himself. Amy now considerts kif too wimpy? well since when was that an issue? Kif is willing to get back with amy at the end after a public relationship with Bender? We know he found it hard to forgive her after she slept with zapp. "its just a show" you scream. Well, I could forgive most of this if the show was funny, or even close to as funny as it used to be. But right now it just isn't. There was maybe 2 moments in the episode where I found myself smiling. I could write an essay on the terrible ending, but I think maybe I have whined enough for my first review. Hope this episode isn't typical of Futuramas future, because I can't board that ship. (seewhutIdid??)
  • Another topical episode with mostly sloppy jokes and writing

I thought this was another lackluster episode in the veins of last week's iPod parody. The jokes were few and far between, many of the characteres were acting 'out of character', and the plot and pacing of the episode was questionable.

I'm not saying this episode was bad or unwatchable, just that I hope that the ComCen execs arent pushing too hard on the writers to be "more like South Park". Futurama on FOX was never about topical episodes, but a more general lampooning of modern pop culture, with a healthy dose of sci-fi in-jokes.

Here's my main problems with this episode:

-The script spent a lot of time on things that didn't lead to a joke or a real plot development. Bender's tile graffiti wasn't terribly funny on its own, and it didnt really matter ultimately to the plot - we already knew that Bender was a "bad boy". The tornado planet also seemed a horribly long sequence just to discover Amy and Bender's affair...and we never found out if the Professor won blue ribbon!

-The conclusion to the plot seemed completely contrived. My girlfriend asked me about 5 minutes from the end if it was a 1-hour episode, just because it didnt seem like it was anywhere near a climax and denouement yet. And then all that happened is we get a flashback, turns out the Professor's a self-hating robosexual, which means suddenly everything's OK and everyone loves robosexuals now. The old Futurama, I guarantee, would still have Prop Infinity losing in a landslide anyway, just like Nixon won...that sense of comic despair was a hallmark of Fox Futurama.

-Bender loves Amy? Why did he care so much? I kept expecting to find out he was running a scam, pocketing the Yes on Infinity donation money or something. Amy is not a turtle, so she doesnt remind Bender of himself, so why does he care if they can get married or not? And how does it even work between them; we know robot sex involves dangerously high voltages... -Zoidberg and Hermes, who were always more about one-liners than character development, which is fine, have had some really weak one-liners and sight gags. Circusitis seemed like they took all the obvious jokes and didnt do anything clever with it, and reminded me too much of Space Clowns from Aqua Teen.

-Kif took a step backwards. I know he's literally spineless, but towards the end of the Fox run he had taken a step up and been a little more assertive with his relationship with Amy. Now, it seems he's reverted back to the sniveling punching bag that Amy can walk all over and he always takes her back and tries to change to make her happy.

-Prop 8 is news much too old to have an episode about right now, and in time it will hold up even less and feel ever more dated. I can't think of any Fox Futurama episodes that were so specific about current events. And blatantly so - Fox Futurama sometimes made clever, subtle references, but nothing so thinly veiled as just turning the 8 on its side, and repeating the phrase throughout most of the episode. Also, political humor this openly partisan is unlike Futurama past...even though I thought it was funny, I didnt enjoy it as much whenever it offended my political sensibilities.

I will end on a positive note, though...the Professor has become 1000% funnier, and he was already one of my favorite characters. So far at least, they've struck a perfect balance of grandfatherliness and crotchetiness. The cattle prod bit alone showed me that the writers are still capable of a clever joke, and give me hope that they're saving the best scripts for the later part of the season :)