Futurama

Put Your Head on My Shoulder

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 13, 2000 on Comedy Central

• hilarious epsisode

Bender makes a dating service. It's $500 to get hooked up with someone.

Leela gets a date through Bender. Bender just gets a random person on the street to Leela's date.

Amy gets a new car that was $80,000. Fry and Amy go to Mercury to test out her new car. They use to much stuff at once and the engine breaks down. They call Amy's machanic and he says it will take three hours. They decide to play cards. One ting lead to another and they had sex. They went out a couple times. Then Amy was moving to fast so Fry got Zoidberg to come with them. When Fry was dumping Amy in the back seat Zoidberg got to drive. He crashed. No one got hurt except for Fry. Zoidberg put Fry's head on Amy's body. Fry body wouldn't be fixed for three days. Fry dumps Amy and Amy asks Fry if it was alright if she had a date on valentines day. Fry gets a date through Bender like Leela did. Bender does the same and gets someone off the street. Leela and Fry/Amy go to the same resterant. Leela and Fry's dates leave. Amy was going to have sex with her date but Leela came over and distracted Amy's date so Fry wouldn't have to see Amy have sex with another guy. Fry's body is ready and he gets his old body back.
  • Introduction of Malfuctioning Eddie

This episode is hilarious, both the main story of Fry and Amy hooking up and Bender's dating service after failing his pimping idea (stupid anti-pimping laws"). Fry freaking out because Amy says she likes hanging out with Fry because he thinks shes getting too serious when in fact she gets over it pretty quickly when they do break up shows that he ruined a very good thing though having the same body does have its advantages ("Okay Fry, we're done putting on the bra now"). Zoidbergs medical skills are hilarious in this episode when he actually removes Fry's head. I can sum up this review with one word: Thunder-Cougar-Falcon-Bird.
  • Cool episode!

Actually, Fry, with this body, you'll only be attracting one type of woman... "oh!... oh." Another fantastic episode in which Fry gets decapitated in a car accident. The head gets sewn onto Amy's shoulder. And you know how when you have chocolate, and after a while you get sick of it because it wants to hang around with you? - hehe. Well. This proves to be an awful decision because due to Valentine's day there's not much that Fry can attract out there! Meanwhile, Bender becomes a dating machine... helping Zapp out and all. Beep-beep. Boop. Yeah, and the rest.
  • Delightfully twisted...

A very strange and funny episode that made many begin shipping a relationship between Fry and Amy. The episode ended the relationship, but a small amount of people kept hoping that it would happen, though most people were hanging on for a relationship between Fry and Leela, and not Amy and Fry. Many wanted Fry and Amy together after A Flight to Remember, but most shippers started shipping this couple after this episode.

Fry and Amy start a Valentine's Day romance after they discover that they have a lot in common. Then, Fry begins to lose interest in Amy, but, when he was going to break up with her, he has to be surgically attached to her shoulder.
  • Amy and Fry begin a short lived romance.

After spending some time together Fry and Amy start dating. Bender starts his own dating service when he discovers people will pay good money for the chance of romance especially with Valentines Day approaching. All is moving along nicely with Fry and Amy's romance until Fry gets cold feet when Amy suggests they 'hang out'.

Fry tries to distance himself from Amy by inviting Dr Zoidberg along on one of their dates. Zoidberg crashes the vehicle and needs to perform emergency surgery to save Fry's life by placing his head on her shoulders. Fry then breaks up with Amy shortly after.

Both Leela and Fry end up using Bender's dating service, all the dates go very poorly and it quickly becomes evident that Bender rounded up his dates at the bus stop.
  • Really funny!

This is a sweet show.

Bender makes a dating service. It's $500 to get hooked up with someone.

• A good Romantic Episode

I really loved this whole episode alot. I love the whole concept that Fry and Amy Wong became a couple for a while.

Sadly Fry breaks up with Amy, but does not give a good why he wants to do it, all he says is that he and Amy should be just friends...

I get Amy got upset a little of breaking up with Fry, but does not make sense she would be OK with it, I think deep inside she still hurts from it.

Personally I wish there would be an episode of Fry and Amy getting back together, but there might be a slim chance the creators will do that, unless enough of us for agree can convince them to do it.

For now FryxAmy Fanfictions are good enough until a episode of them together comes...

That is why I only gave it up to a 9, would of given it a 10 if they did not break up...
  • Fry and Amy become really close.

Amy wants to go look at new cars and Bender goes along to get his rear end fixed. Amy buys the most expensive car in the showroom and wants to take it out for a drive on Mercury. She asks who wants to go and Fry volunteers. They drive out on the planet and eventually run out of gas. While they are waiting for a tow truck, Fry and Amy start to develop feelings for each other and begin to "make out". After a few days, Fry feels stifled by Amy's attention and decides to break up with her. He, Amy, and Zoidberg leave for a picnic when on the way...
  • I like this because it reveals Amy's feelings for Fry. Oh, and I like it because Fry isn't nagging on Leela again. This is a very good episode to me. And these are the reasons why:

- It is funny. It isn't pushing in so many jokes a minute that you can't stop laughing to hear the romance story but it is sure as hell funny.

- It makes you cry. If you're a girl, this might make you cry. I dunno, I'm not one. But the romance might really push them off the edge. Oh, and since I'm 13, ANYTHING with a boy and a girl gives me the...well...you can figure that out on your own.

And these are the reasons I like this episode. It was a great episode and I hope to watch it again.
  • A creepy, but good episode

Amy buys a car at Malfunctioning Eddie's Rocket-car Emporium, and asks Fry to take a road trip to Mercury that led to a long wait for a tow truck after they're out of gas. Then, she and Fry began dating after making out. Meanwhile Bender decided to not get the recommended safety features installed (including a bumper on his shiny metal ass that makes it look like a proper human ass) and is warned that his ass could explode at any time.

With Valentine's Day approaching, Bender decides to start a computer dating service. Fry worries that he and Amy are spending too much time together, and asks Leela to come with them on a picnic to Europa they had planned. When she refuses, Fry asks Zoidberg to come with them. Zoidberg comes with them, but when Fry asks him to drive, he crashes the car, and Fry wakes up to find Zoidberg telling him that his body is badly damaged in the crash. Fry, in shock, discovers his head is grafted onto Amy's shoulder in order to be kept alive. After returning to Earth Fry breaks up with Amy, and she makes Valentine's Day plans with another man.

The three (Fry, Amy and Amy's date) wind up at Elzar's, where all the people who applied to Bender's dating service-including Leela-are with their dates. All these dates are flops, however; Bender merely rounded up a bunch of strangers from the bus station, and they all leave for the bus ride home. Amy hits it off with her date, and is about to leave with him, and Fry's unwilling head. Luckily for Fry, Leela spots him across the room and comes over to save him. By saving Fry, she tricks Amy's boyfriend into talking about his job-banking industry regulation-and he soon winds up talking very boringly, distracting him from leaving with Amy. Fry quietly thanks Leela for the assistance.

The next day, Zoidberg reattaches Fry's head to his now-repaired body, and everything returns to normal. Some of the nerves in Fry's neck were apparently rewired so that Fry's left leg hits him every time he touches his neck. As a result, Fry kicks Bender; and his explosive butt finally blows.
  • Fry and Amy hook up

The Fry and Amy storyline is great in this episode, but the funniest parts come from Benders dating service!

Bender makes a ton of cash by setting up with desperate dateless people with a bunch of people he roundd up at the bus stop.

Fry and Amy when you think about it are a great match. Neither are the sharpest tool in the shed and their coversations seem to make the most sense to them.

Things got a bit silly when Fry's head had to be attached to Amy's body. But having two heads on the same body had its funny moments!

Zoidberg had his moments too. There is a lot of mentioning that he is poor and pathetic! Of course he gives great examples of this by saying he hadn't eaten in 6 days or something.
CW