Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews (995)

• good show

you know futurama should just continue making movies. like maybe 3 more.
  • Best FOX toon

Uproariously funny before the reboot and still pretty hilarious after too. RIP Futurama
  • not as good but better

The new seasons show conspiracies and the funniest things yet.
  • Bad News.

I hate to say to everyone that didn't know this. But it sadly aired it's final episode on September 4th 2013. It has now left me with only 2 shows worth watching that are still on the air. Doctor Who and The Simpsons are it. After those two are cancelled, I'm done watching new episodes of ANYTHING.
  • Best show ever

Well one of the best shows ever! Really hope there will be more episodes :( or movies. I like it a lot more then the Simpsons.
  • Great show

It has had it's ups and downs...

Even so, it has always been a great program (surviving countless cancellations)

Though, one thing is clear....

This show is a cockroach... as many times you try to kill it... it keeps coming back with vengeance!

Here's hoping season 8 in 2015
  • Matt Groening's second masterpiece.

How this show is getting canceled, I'll never know. The Simpsons has been in a sharp decline in recent years, and ironically, it's former inferior counterpart Futurama has been in a sharp incline. Futurama is one of the show's that you'll search thousands of channels to just try to catch one airing of it, and then you'll want more.
  • Strong show with no respect.

Futurama is definitely Matt Groening's best project. The Simpsons went into a train wreck and only recovered a little, but Futurama is still holding up. I like this show a lot and it deserves better.
  • RIP futurama

It's sad to see one of best shows on tv to go. Futurama has always being a great show getting better by each season, if this is the final time at least go out strong.
  • Always look on the bright side.

Though the news about the cancellation is sad, I choose to look on the bright side. Most shows that run for more than 7 seasons gets uninventive and repetitive. Shows like Simpsons pr The Office should have stopped after 7 seasons. I can't think of any memorable episodes after season 7 and just look at the new episodes that gets aired today they're so boring I hardly care anymore. I'm afraid Futurama would suffer the same fate. The show will remain much more cult.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comedy Central will air the final 13 episodes in June!!!!! WHY DO GOOD CARTOONS END!

But theres [Adult Swim] (Won't be the same, but I don't want it to go).
  • Read this if you hate comedy central for canceling a great show like this.

really comedy central really why would you cancel a show that people love cause i started to cry when i found out it would be canceled soon yeah but just why everyone loves this show so just give us at least 1 good reason you guys would cancel a great show like this! so just give everyone 1 good reason why you would cancel this show. my email is so just email me a good reason why you would cancel this show. anyone that is with me agree with this post and we will see just how many people don't want this show canceled.
  • This is what television was invented for.

Futurama is arguably one of the best shows mankind has to offer. Arguably, it came back stronger when it was revived instead of becoming a shambling corpse like Family Guy.
  • The best cartoon.

Creative writing, fantastic settings and characters really set Futurama far ahead of every other animation on television.
  • Easily One of the Best Adult Cartoons ever made.

In case you don't know Futurama is about Phillip J. Fry. A slacker, pizza deliver boy who's given a second chance at life when he's frozen and brought to the year 3000. He meets numerous strange people, like a cyclops humanoid Alien named Leela, a lovable drinking and smoking robot, Bender. His 'nephew' Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg (one of the funniest characters ever put into a show), and many more.

Now I must say being a fan of the Simpsons I decided to watch this getting a netflix. And I decided to watch this and some other shows. But by far Futurama is the best thing I've watch on netflix. The plots are story driven and always switch gears 1/3 through the episodes like the Simpsons. But they make tons of jokes, some pop-cultural, some just well-placed jokes. I guarantee most of them will make a normal person laugh. But the best part are the characters. I like every character on this show. Fry, Bender, Leela, Prof. Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, Hermes, Zapp Branigan, Kif, all provide great laughs. Except Amy, I don't know what it is but her 'pretty girl meets tomgirl' stereotype rubs me the wrong way. Every episode provides jokes and intresting stories. Whether it's screwball episodes like 'War is the H-Word" or "Amazonian Women in the Mood" or more drama filled ones like "Jurassic Bark" or "The Luck of Fryish". Every time I watch this show it always keeps me occupied for 22 minutes.

I recently heard that Futurama is getting canceled. Which kind of makes me sad, but at least it won't be run into the ground like The Simpsons, Spongebob, or SNL. Futurama's legacy will live on and it will remain a fan-favorite for years to come.
  • dirty rumor

Hidy...

I have heard a dirty rumor that yall are going to stop making Futurama!!! Please tell me it isn't so.

We heard a stupid rumor already house) So do not toil with my emotions!!!
  • goods

goods
  • Sci-fi show from Simpsons creator

My next review for a show will be on Futurama. It is a show from Matt Groening (Simpsons) as well as former veteran writer David X. Cohen (developing the show). Futurama follows the comic exploits of Phillip J. Fry, a pizza delivery boy, who was accidentally cryogenically frozen in 1999, and awakens in the year 3000, finding much has changed, and, yet, is seemingly familiar. Together with an assortment of alien, robot, and human friends, he works for an intergalactic delivery service, Planet Express, run by his descendant nephew, and finds many adventures along the way. What do I think on the science fiction show from the Simpsons creator? I do enjoy it and it is a superb show. However, due to my lack of big knowledge of the science subject, I don't watch it very often. I will do every now and then when I'm bored but the purpose of this show will probably make me smarter than usual. Netflix is my only hope to see the episodes I missed when it first premiere. I don't tune in to Comedy Central very often besides this and South Park. I only tune it on rare occasion. I do remember seeing Futurama on Adult Swim and it is the second show that did so well on reruns that it was revived just like Family Guy. Like that show, it would get boring and old seeing the original 72 episodes over and over again. I liked both of the original and the revival series. They're still the same show in my opinion and never went downhill at all. The creativity of the show is well done and the plots for the episodes are very unique. I liked all the characters here but my favorite would obviously be Bender. He always been a funny character especially his catchphrase and the mischievous stuffs he would do. I don't really want to choose my favorite episodes due to not being a regular viewer compared to 7 years ago. So in conclusion I do enjoy watching Futurama but not very much. I'm not into sci-fi genre very much and I tend to see it when there's nothing to watch. 9/10
  • Not as good as it used to be but still awesome

This show isn't as good as before it was cancelled in 2003 but still kicks *** and I still find it quite funny.
  • nota 10

the best of its kind
  • Way Above Mediocre

Sadly, Futurama is enduring a second cancellation--this time, by Comedy Central. At least that network is giving it a proper farewell. The animation style of Matt Groening's other hit, The Simpsons, is prevalent, as are the storylines, though there is a shorter cast of memorable supporting characters than on The Simpsons. Futurama, along with The Jetsons, will endure the test of time as one of the greatest animation series, even when the show's reruns are viewed in 3000. Who knows what technology will be employed to watch TV during that far in the future...
  • The End

You know the world is lost when there are 100X more viewers of Familiy Guy than Futurama.
  • This is about a couple of Characters that live in the year 3000. Weird show, Robots, Aliens very funny show.

I have recently started watching this show at night, and i really do enjoy. It is a good comedy show that doesn't have to o with the Fat, lazy dad, and the problems with kids (simpsons, family guy, American dad). This show has very good plots along with very funny jokes, problems that they have to deal with. The only problem about the show that anyone could ever see is that, It is a little bit too far fetched that many people may find stupid or unrealistic. I think this show is better then the Simpsons, not as good as Family Guy, but this is definetly up at the top!
  • Wow. Awesome!

Even though you could say Futurama is more "adult" than The Simpsons, Matt Groening still throws in some of the heart-warming qualities his first cartoon has into this epic, action-comedy-awesome cartoon.
  • Futurama

As for now, Futurama is the best adult cartoon on tv. That cancellation give a new life to this serie, and now is way better than the Simpsons.

The Simpsons should get at least a 5 years hiatus too...
  • Futurama is still the best adult cartoon on TV

Last season was amazing PLEASE renew this series for another 5 years. Also, the movies were great too. Can you add a few more of them. This is the most clever show I have ever watched. DO NOT LET IT DIE. keep 'em coming.
  • Futurama= best show

Futurama is the best show that will ever be on tv. Episode i starts out by having a 25 year old pizza delivery boy who accidently fell into a cryogenic freezer like thing and wakes up in the year 3000 when he meets a cyclops named Leela, a robot named Bender his nephue named proffesor Farnsworth, Dr Zoidburg, I cant really explain him, Amy the intern and Hermes the buracrat.

Funny 10/10

Farnsworth 10/10

Zoidburg 10/10

Amy 7.5/10

Hermes 7/10

In other words this is the funniest show of all time. Gotta see it.
  • Futurama is good! And you should feel good!

In my opinion, Futurama is better than The Simpsons. I'm sorry but this ultimate show is so much funnier and clever how couldn't you agree with me? Futurama is my all time favorite show and I have never hated any part of it. Many fans say that the newer episodes on Comedy Central are horrible, I must say i'm pretty dissapointed. I must admit, the newer episodes of Futurama may not be as sweet as the older episodes, and they do seem less clever, but overall they're really enjoyable and funny. Futurama finds a way to be completely hilarious yet find a way to be sweet and heartwarming at some parts, which is a rare element in cartoons. Every single character is either funny or enjoyable, two main figures being Bender and Zoidberg who you can watch on the TV forever without getting sick of them. It's a mix of "The Jetsons" and "The Simpsons" and it's grand!
  • Fun on a Bun!

Futurama is an amazing show! It's a really funny show and it even made me cry once.. Leela meeting her parents was so sweet.. and her parents giving her up was so sad.Also even though Fry and Yancy fought.. Yancy named his own kid Fry :) so sweet.. Sadly Fox Canceled the show, but luckily Comedy Central saved it! And guess what? The new episodes may not be great, but their still good. Just look at "Cold Warriors", "The Tip of The Zoidberg" , "The Late Phiillip J Fry" and more. This show is more better than The Simpsons even.
  • This Is My Absolute Favorite Show!

I'm definitely an adult cartoon watcher, like family guy and south park and stuff, but i really love that this show has the capability to be super funny and appropriately serious. Like i love the episode where Lela finds out who her parents are, isn't the end of that episode where they show how her mutant parents have always been there looking out for her sweet? Things like that is what really makes me love this show. And i like how the relationships in this show are just real, like Lela and Fry, he just loves her so much, sure he thinks she is hot but i love how his love is just so unconditional and that she is finally giving him a chance in these newer episodes. Also i like how Amy loves Kif so much even though she is rich and could be considered hot she still loves him anyway because of his personality. This show is just a great mix of funny and heartwarming moments and i just love it!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10