Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews page 4 of 34

• Futurama is back and hopefully it will be better than ever

Futurama is one of the best animated tv shows there is. The first seasons were great and i still to this day don't understand why they canceled it. With the return of the show came four great movies, watching those movies gave me great hope that the show would come back as good as ever, and it did. The show is still as good after five years off the air. With the story line the same as it used to be. Hopefully being on Comedy Central they might do things they might not have been able to do on fox. I still can't wait to see what Futurama has to offer us.
  • Great, rare mix of comedy and heart

Like many fans of the Simpsons I began watching Futurama simply because of the connection with the creator of both animated series. I wasn't enthralled at first, but as the episodes progressed, I realized this was a wonderful show. By the third season, I found myself enjoying Futurama more than the Simpsons. The cast jelled and the writing was elevated. Not only that, but the tone took on a sweet and funny subtext, much like the early Simpsons. Beautifully bittersweet episodes like Parasites Lost, The Luck of the Fryrish, Leela's Homeworld, Jurrasic Bark (based on a true story!), The Why of Fry, and The Devils' Hands Are Idle Playthings, made me enjoy the series even more, a feeling I had with the first four seasons of the Simpsons. It was hilarious, crude, but had heart- something sorely missing nowadays.
  • Fairly interesting.

When I watched this show, I hardly thought it was ever really funny. I didn't like the comedy because it was just like the comedy sen on The Simpsons. I have to say I often got bored at times, but I found some of the show's aspects interesting. I liked the robot his storylines. I found him to be funny when he was with the other characters. The other characters were just okay in terms of humor and comedy. Overall, this show was just okay in terms of its comedy and its overall interest. I liked the fact that it lasted longer than other shows that were far worse. Thank you.
  • it was an okay show

this show wasn\\\'t that good and the humor in it wasn\\\'t hitting on the spot. It was decent... kind of behind the simpsons. I get like one or two laughs out of the entire series but yeah... it wasn\\\'t appreciated but then again it wasn\\\'t really that funny. It\\\'ll be great to see it brought back but i\\\'ll doubt it.
  • Unbelievable Funny

Futurama is a very funny animated comedy about a man named Fry gets frozen for a 1000 years to the year 3000 where meets many funny characters including a wisecracking robot called Bender, a one eyed alien named Leela and a giant lobster called Zoidberg. Futurama is a show created by the creator of the simpsons Matt Greoning who is a genuis in my opinion. The show was sadly canceled back in 2003 by fox and I was very sad to hear futurama end but after years of speculation Futurama will be returning in 2008 much to my delight. Cant to see Futurama on our screens again.
  • It's official; Matt Groening has the midas touch of TV, firsty with the legendary Simpsons and now with the hilarious, cult futuristic comedy Futurama that has people saying "Simpsons who?"

Portraying the future is surely now a thing of the past (paradox!) but this time it's made into an animated comedy series rather than a full - blown action film like Total Recall and Bladerunner. It stars Phillip. J. Fry; a streetsmart and sincere but naive young adult who was accidentially frozen on New Years Day 1999 and thawed out in the 30th century. Fry begins to work at his great(to infinity) nephew Professor Fansworth's interplanetary delivery service along with the attractive yet ruthless cyclops Leela and a robot named Bender who can only be properly described by thinking of every bad adjective you can. This show takes a different comedic approach than it's related show The Simpsons; rather than poke fun at reality it creates a whole other world and the humour is rarely conventional but always hilarious with product placement parodies, cultural references, weird and wonderful side and occasional characters and an endless supply of gags targeted at anything and everything from before the year 3000. Just like in The Simpsons it's always hard to identify the main character when every one of them has had at least one episode and storyline to themselves and even then they make an effect to every episode. Visually this show has the upper hand over The Simpsons with great variety, detail and shading as well as the often hint of CGI, it is almost cinematic yet is on free to air TV. Billy West is the lead voice actor of this show; starring as Fry, Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, Zapp Brannigan, etc. And his voice has an astounding range with each character given a diverse and enjoyable vocal performance rather than Seth Macfarlane of Family Guy whose voiced characters are either him speaking normally or him not speaking normally but they sound just like him anyway. Katey Sagal as Leela and John Dimaggio as Bender provide brilliant support. While the show remains a favourite with its viewers it has received lukewarm success and has even been cancelled but this just goes to show it hasn't had it hasn't had everything handed to them on a silver platter like the Simpsons has but has had to earn respect. Perhaps the only downer of Futurama is that it's not really enjoyable viewing for adults, the future theme itself is kiddy enough but with tonnes of alien and robot characters as well as the often cheap gag and plots that've had their brain removed it won't reach the same wide audience as The Simpsons did. Futurama is animated gold and recommended to anyone who loves the genre.
  • futurama is a waste of time and it is to much like the simpsons.

2.7
    Futurama is deffinatly the best kind of future film ever and and that is because it is the only. most parts I do think are wastes of time but well I guess some of the ideas can be good but most of them are bad though understand that. I dont like how it is so much like the simpsons that is just annoying but I geuss it is under standible. I really dont know why I am writting this review because it is one of my worst rated shows infact t is well I guess it was all a complete waste of time.
  • matt groening stick to the simpsons for now on

"sigh" i can't believe this matt groening creator of the simpsons greatest show on earth creates this waste of time. if it were a food it would be expired because of it's sensneless bland comedy doesn't make a good comparison to matt's even better show the simpsons so hear my advice if you want to see another show by matt groening dont continue with the simpsons a better show a better comedy a better everything in comparison to futurama oh crud ran out of ideas what do i say simpsons> futurama simpsons> futurama simpsons rule best show on earth kiss>rush another comparison ( i don't like rush either)
  • futurama is a really good classic show made by the creaters of the simpsons

futurama is a really good show and its down right hilrious its about a young man name fri who is a pizza dilvery man and he goes and to dilver pizza and slips into a frozen chamber that when he wakes up its the year 3000 the future and he then works for his really rich uncle who has a dilivery busniess and he works with others there names are bender lela and zoyborg and another but i forgot her name . the show is funny bennder is a robot that is lazy and drinks awhole lot bear and likes hookers. and lela is a one eye female cyclops and zoyborg is animal i forgot which one . but anyway they go through lots of adventures through diffrent planets to dilver things like there were alot of good eps i own al lthe boxsets of the show like the slirm factory one and the santa gunning you down which was hilrious with santa killing people and there was bender who goes to hell and bender his catphris was kiss my metal ass which was very funny.
  • Great show

The show was sadly canceled back in 2003 by fox and I was very sad to hear futurama end but after years of speculation Futurama will be returning in 2010 much to my delight.
    Cant wait to see Futurama on our screens again.
  • Futurama is an AWESOME show! I can't get enough of it!

Phillip J. Fry, a nobody with a crap life, pizza delivery boy accidently falls into a cryogenic chamber on December 31, 1999 and awakes to find himself in December 31, 2999.
    There, he meets Leela, a cyclops alien who quits her job to find work with Fry. Then, he meets Beder, an alcoholic robot who is rude and is going to commit scuicide because his bending products make scuicide booths. He runs off with Fry and Leela and goes to find work from Fry's daughtering old relative: Proffesser Farnsworth, who is Fry's only relative. Then Fry, Bender and Leela become delivery people and journey throught the galaxy. Watch their adventures.
  • Futurama Rocks! check out www.futurama-movies.com to watch the episodes

futurama is a great show, btw you can watch all futurama movies and episodes online at this website www.futurama-movies.com futurama is the best animation I know really is worth your time. The movies are even better then the episodes in my opinion. I can hardly wait for season 6 to air on comedy central, theres no doubt matt groening will make some great episodes like he always does, just look at the simpsons, how much seasons are there now like 14? To sum it all up you should really give this show a try you wont regret it, its like the simpsons but even better and funnier!
  • Great, all around show.

This show is just amazing, in every possible way. First of all, you know that this is a quality show, based on the fact that it is created by Matt Groening, also creator of The Simpsons. The humor is made of 132.54% quality; no dumb fart jokes or innuendo jokes that are outright cheesy at every single turn (I'm looking at you, Family Guy). The story centers around Philip J. Fry, a pizza delivery boy in his 20's, living in NYC. He is then accidentally, cryogenically frozen while on a delivery, and wakes up on December 31st, 2999, in NEW New York City. He finds his last remaining relative, a mad scientist (Professor Farnsworth) who uses his company called "Planet Express", a delivery company, to fund for his inventions. Fry joins Farnsworth's crew, along with a robot (Bender), a one-eyed alien (Leela), a jamaican bureaucrat (Hermes), a human born on mars (Amy), and a crab-like alien (Dr. Zoidberg), going on dangerous space missions.

This show, although being rated TV-14, is, in my opinion, suitable for ages 10-147. Although, there are rarely any lessons learned in this show. The humor mostly stems from the deepness and character of, well, the characters!

I highly recommend this show to anyone who is looking for a good laugh.
  • Futurama is about a guy called Fry, who gets frozen in a cryongentic chamber on 1 January 2000 and wakes up in 2999.

Im so glad that there will be 26 more episodes, but unfortunately we have to wait til next year to watch them :(. If Futurama hadn't ever been cancelled then it would be on it's 10th season ! I heard that the new 26 episodes will be split over two seasons, so 1 season might be coming out in 2010 with another coming out in 2011. Now that there will be new episodes, they'll be able to continue the story :). After the new 26 episodes have aired, there will be a total of 114 episodes (including the straight-to-DVD movies) of futurama !
  • Well all I can say is sit down and enjoy the show...CAUSE IT RULES!

It all starts when a guy named Fry was delivering some pizza to a cryogenic lab on New Year's Eve. When no one was there he sat down and enjoyed the pizza himself, counting down with the rest of the world. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0! New Year's Day had arived when suddenly Fry's chair fell backwards and tossed him into a cryo pod. The door closed and the timer spun to 1000 years. Fry froze instantly and sat there for 1000 years, then, when he woke up, he was introduced to Leela, a one eyed alien. He didn't like her because she tried to make him a delivery boy. He ran away and met Bender who... Oh just watch it for yourself, but it is a great show. I promise.
  • The greatest cartoon in the history of history,even better than the simpsons.

Futurama never became weak,apart from the dvd movies,but they were still okay,with some funny moments,and some touching ones. If you haven't seen futurama,your really missing something! Futurama is funny in a none toliet humor way,yet also has it's touching and sad moments,paticually between Leela x Some Man. Because of its basing in the future,illogical things can indeed be placed into the show,resulting in lots of great things. Who doesn't want a world filled with robots,sucide booths and the option to be cryogenically frozen?
    Certainly everybody would?
    All of the charactars are pretty believable.
    If you think this show sucks,you don't deserve to have a tv.
  • About a pizza guy who is thawed out just before the year 3000 and his adventures.

Futurama is about a pizza guy named Fry who is frozen in a time capsule on new year's eve. He is unfrozen on New Year's Eve 2999. It then follows his adventures with Planet Express. His best friends are Bender and Leela who he is seen with most of the time. Futurama is no where near as good as the Simpsons but is still fairly popular. It first aired on Fox but was cancelled along with Family Guy. Overall I give Futurama a 9.8. I love this show and there are new episodes starting to air on Comedy Central. Tune in.
  • This show is written by Matt Groening who also wrote "The Simpsons"

I would have to agree with people that this show is very funny. I first watched it with my sister and felt I needed to keep watching it, so I do! Anyone who has not seen this show and is reading reviews needs to go turn on th etube and start watching!!! I thoguht after the Simpsons there would not be a show that was just as hilarious until I turned on Futurama, I found out it was by the one and only Matt Groening and bravoed him!!! He was able to create something that was not as close to The Simpsons yet exactly next to it!!!! I am in love with that show and I hope it gets a lot of viewers!!
  • A wonderful and futuristic, not to mention awesome show about the future in the year 3000.

There are no words that can express what I feel about this series. It's comic and it's realistic at the same time, because although its action takes place in the year 3000, many of our problems for our society are reflected on it. The characters are quite cool... A guy who gets stuck into a cryogenic freezer for a 1000 years, a cyclops girl who loves to fight everyone she sees, especially an incompetent space captain, a robot who's life is to drink, curse and smoke, a cute Martian girl who's in love with a squishy green alien from a distant planet, a crazy and old scientist, a humanoid crab who lives a measly life, a Jamaican business man who's also an ex-limbo olympic medallist, and a janitor who appears from time to time and that nobody remembers who he is. That is the crazziest group I ever met (and I've seen the Simpsons...). Also with a wonderful and terrific group of voice actors, this is one of the best shows of its kind. Futurama really rocks the Universe!
  • Glad to hear it's coming back.

I am so glad to hear that Futurama is coming back. It is one of the best shows ever and definitely my choice for the best animated series of all time. I also like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and South Park but Futurama stands head and shoulders above all of those other shows, the only one even close is South Park and maybe older episodes of Family Guy. Bender is probably the most hilarious character in any TV show ever and all of the other characters are great too with obviously great voice actors and the writing is always superb, I can't wait for the new episodes!
  • The most entertaining and well written cartoon show to date.

Futurama was first introduced to me as it was reruns on Comedy Central, but I was hooked on it from the first showing of the first episode. Unlike many of the other comedy cartoons, futurama is able to insert a deep storyline into its cartoons that directly correlates into its comedy. The artwork of the show is nice and crisp and clean while the futuristic setting correlates nicely with the overall apeal and storyline of the show, along with more of the main comedy points. The introduction to the show must have had to be the most complicated in its time, and it shows how much effort the writers and animators had put into it. The jokes are appropriate but funny and have never crossed the moral line of these other shows. The only sad thing is that FOX had canceled it, which was a big mistake.
  • It is Futurama

A dude name Fry gets freezed into the future.It has been a very good show on Adult Swim.This show is pretty funny,but it's not one of the shows that I love.It's a pretty good show and it's pretty funny.It's much better than that dreadful Avatar:The Last Airbeder show.I would say that it's very good now as another of those classic Adult Swim shows.This is another grade that I am going to grade this show and that grade that I grade this show as is a C because not only that I like it,it's a pretty good show on Adult Swim.
  • One of the most unique shows out there!

It's a shame what Fox did to this show. It really is one of my favorite shows, and I stumbled upon it by accident while I was at Target looking for something to do on a lonely Saturday night.

Fry was a delivery boy in 1999, and on New Year's Eve, just seconds before the new millenium, he freezes himself, and is unfrozen on New Year's Eve, 2999. Fry meets his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-(etc.)-nephew, Professor Farnsworth, Amy, Dr. Zoidberg, and Hermes. But, most importantly, Fry meets Leela, a cyclops, and Bender, a robot. Fry, Bender, and Leela make up the Planet Express delivery crew, Leela being the captain. They travel to strange planets to deliver packages. Some of their memorable journeys are to the moon, and to Mars University. They also discover 'Popplers' and travel to the Slurm factory in a parody of 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' and find out what the disgusting secret (and only) ingredient in the addictive Slurm is.
  • Better than the Simpsons....

I love this show, it has everything you want, comedy, action, and even drama. Futurama has it's own distinct personality that puts it over the top. This show has a wide range of characters Fry, Leela, Bender, Zoidburg, Amy, Prof. Farnsworth, and many more. If you watch The Simpsons, than you will absolutly love this series, and even if you dont watch The Simpsons you should still give this a go. This series consisted of seventy-two episodes and not one of them boring, and always funny. That is why I suggest this show to anyone who loves cartoon comedies. 10/10 -MangekyouCinema
  • I love Futurama! Its a truly golden show based on the future.

In Futurama, we got a very creative and set storyline throughout this series, and it is what the world will be like a thousand years in the future from the year 2000, which means the main character Fry, gets to see what it is like in the year 3000. And boy does it sure look different! Aliens are now living along with the human society, and there are many robots, and all machines are mechanical living life-forms, meaning they are also robots. Like the microwaves, stoves, hovercars, and even ceiling fans. Anyway this is an awesome tv show! I love watching it every time it comes on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I think Futurama was originally made by Fox though, hopefully Fox also still airs it. Futurama is a highly entertaining sci-fi show about all the wonders and possibilities of the future, its definitely a show I recommend seeing to be amazed by its great animation and characters. Even better is that this show was made by the same guy who created The Simpsons. Futurama is a great new addition in my opinion, the main characters are all very cool, like Fry, Leela, and Bender! Bender is one cool robot! I find it interesting that they in fact are healthier when they drink a lot of alcohol. Well I guess I'll wrap this up by saying that Futurama will always be one of my favorites, and it is much like a new age future show similar to The Jetsons.
  • Why did this show have to die while The Simpsons continue to live?

I'm not the only one I personally know that mourned the loss of Futurama. This show died before it's time. I miss Bender...his outlook and philosophy on life in general closely parallels my own, and the voice of Katie Sagal added a sexy and appealing quality to the character of Lela. Well written and genuinely funny, it's a mystery to me why this show had to die an untimely death while The Simpsons continued on and on well past the point that it could be considered anywhere close to being original.But that's the way the programming ball bounces sometimes, we've all lost shows that we've been partial to over the years, I suppose.
  • A great (and funny) depiction of what life may be like in the future.

This is a very funny show. For those who don't know, it was created by Matt Groening, who also created the Simpsons (another funny show, I might add). Even though he never spent as much time on this, his presence is clearly felt. The show is about Phillip J. Frye, a hapless loser from the 20th century who accidentally freezes himself and wakes up in the year 3000. He and his friends Leela and Bender work as delivery people for Frye's only living relative, the senile 150 year old, Professor Hubert Farnsworth. But that's just the tip of the iceberg of this great and funny series. Grade: B+
  • Great

Plot: ma follows the comic exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy, who was accidentally cryogenically frozen in 1999, and awakens in the year 3000, finding much has changed, and, yet, is seemingly familiar. Together with an assortment of alien, robot, and human friends, he works for an intergalactic delivery service, Planet Express, run by his descendant nephew, and finds many adventures along the way. I think Futuerama is a great show and I hope they bring it back for a sixth season, that would be awesome! Well, that is all for my short review of the show called Futurama.
  • One of, it not my favorite show, no other can compare to it, it's perfect

Created from the mastermind behind The Simpsons, Matt Groening decided to take on a new project, set in the year 3000, we are shown Fry, an average Joe... or he would be, but your average Joe doesn't get transported 1000 years into the future, to be employed by your only living relative who happens to be 160 years old, and have a Cyclopes and a robot as co-workers... This show is better than The Simpsons, and will continue to be better than them, because you can do more with a plot if you set the show in the year 3000, as opposed to the ever changing decade The Simpsons are in... So... yea.... Futurama is my favorite show on TV just because it has great humor, great plots, and more importantly, great characters (SCRUFFY!!!!)
  • Really great show.

It's sad that Futurama may be over forever. This show was funny and always entertaining. The movies were good too. Bender's big score had a really good plot and it showed that Futurama should not have been canceled in the first place.

Fry and Bender were my favorite characters of the series. Fry was always so clueless about everything that was happening around him and Bender was a lovable crook, breaking the law and taking joy in the suffering of other people.

I hope that Into The Wild Green Yonder is not the last movie of the series because Futurama is too good to end this soon.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10