Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews page 6 of 34

• Cool!

This show is so cool it makes me do something cool. I do not do know why but that just happens. so I was saying that it should come back to cartoonnetwork. Where it went it went to I do not know. But I stiil think this show has to come back. A relly good show. I think that it cocould be on both channels. So some pepole taht wath it on one channel and the other. So they are at diffrent times but there are dissame. I dont relly get the jokes but it is still funny. That is my Revwe. (I do not know how to spell. Here is some more.Futurama follows the comic exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy, who was accidentally cryogenically frozen in 1999, and awakens in the year 3000, finding much has changed, and, yet, is seemingly familiar. Together with an assortment of alien, robot, and human friends, he works for an intergalactic delivery service, Planet Express, run by his descendent nephew, and finds many adventures...
  • This is Matt Groneing's second great show.Futurama is great,Bender is my favorite character along with Zoidberg.

I watched it in 2003 on FOX with the Lucy Lu episode.It though this was a great tv show.I always watch it on Adult Swim,now they put on Comedy Central.This show is one of the reasons I watched Adult Swim and gave me another reason to watch Comedy Central,along with South Park.This show is cooler than The Simpsons.The show is basically about Fry being frozen for 1,000 years and come to the year 3000.Fry ends up delivering packages,to many other plants with Leela(Fry's crush),and Bender(robot made in Mexico).The show is one of the better adult-animated cartoons along with South Park and The Simpsons.This is LSUstinks11 telling you have a good day.
  • futurama is about a boy called fry that lands in the future. he has to live in new new york with a robot, a one eyed woman and a lobster.

5.6
    i think futurama is hilarious. it is just as good as the simpsons. this matt groening cartoon is fun for the whole family. i wish there were more seasons because there is great potential for futurama. at first it was quite hard to get into but after i watched a couple of episodes i was a huge fan. if you've not watched futurama before then you must watch an episode. i guarantee you will love it. if you love the simpsons then you will love futurama. it can sometimes be a bit unrealistic but it is always funny. futurama's main character's fry, bender and leela have great chemistry on screen. this is one cartoon that even mums and dads can enjoy.
  • Futurama is set in the year 3000 and follows the adventures of Fry as a part of the Planet Express Delivery Crew along with a one eyed alien (Leela) and a robot best friend (Bender).

"HOW COULD YOU LEELA! Our love has had to endure your constant hatred and now this? Stop teest our love!" (Zapp Brannigan in "Kif Gets Knocked Up"

How can I put it? Futurama simply is the smartest animated comedy to hit the airwaves since the Simpsons; while I'll attest to the fact that Family Guy is also good, Futurama has a different vibe that doesn't feel forced or carries gags too far. Futurama packs a punch, and it doesn't need to make itself obvious enough to do so.

Smart dialogue, sassy storylines and hilarious characters. This show has it all, and it delivers every single time! It was quite a disappointment to hear when it got cancelled, but I am excited now that the movies are being released, and having seen the first one a couple of times now, I realize just how funny the series is! All the characters are memorable and all the jokes are there.. it's as if it never went away :D
  • I never watched this show until I started to watch Comedy Central. Now this show is really my new best friend! Bender and Fry together make the best team. This is a show for humans, robots, aliens, and other other species in this world!

This show is about a boy named Philip J. Fry and he works as a pizza delivery boy in the 1999, but the new for Fry is bad. He trips into a coffin that keeps you frozen. When he tripped he into his capsule he made it go into a 1,000 years in the future. He meets a one a kind cyclop named Turanga Leela, but they just call her Leela, and an obnoxious robot named Bender Bending Rodríguez, but they just call him Bender. He also meets his great-great-great nephew Hubert J. Farnsworth, but they call him Professor. This is a wacky show, but it rocks!
  • A very original animated comedy that has a very colorful setting and solid writing. This is another gem from Matt Groening, and this is one of my favorite shows.

Futurama was at one point dwarfed by the Simpsons, but the show developed a cult following before fox pulled the plug. Cartoon Network revived the show, and Futurama saw a sharp spike in popularity and new life on Adult Swim. (Thank you cartoon Network for not letting Futurama die) This show is far from perfect, but it is one of the better animated comedies out there. There are too few episodes for the show to have gotten painfully stale (Like the Simpsons), and the characters and relationships are interesting enough to keep viewers watching. The setting, the future New York (New New York City) is fanciful and imaginative, filled with cool buildings and people. The amazing future is seen through Fry's eyes, and his adjustment is funny. He must get used to spaceships, robots, President Nixon, and advertisements in his dreams. My favorite part of the show is Fry; he is a dope and a loser, but he is well intentioned and relatable. He tries desperately to woo Leela, but comes up unsuccessful every time. He is actually a character and not just a caricature, complete with a fairly deep personality. It's hard to describe the pull of this show, but it is great for innumerable reasons, and I will always love the wacky world and characters created by Groening and Cohen.
  • one of the all time great TV shows

• To be honest I like this better than The Simpsons.

As I've already said I like this show better than The Simpsons. This was a great cartoon. Bender is easily the most likeable character as he is a loudmouthed robot with the tendency of getting drunk. I believe that this show was cancelled at season 5 which I just find hilarious as The Simpsons, which is still going, should have ended years ago. I've heard that Futurama will be continued on Spike TV. This may be a good thing but generally a show is a lot better if ended before reaching a tenth season, though at it's fifth season Futurama was no where near over so as long as they don't start milking the show dry for a profit then everything should be fine.
  • One of my first adult shows.

The first time I saw this was about four years ago. I fell in love with the jokes, the story, and the characters. Its all really good. To be honest I think this show is better then family guy. I am glad that comedy central picked up the show. AND GUYS they have movies coming out. Thats awesome I think that the show is making a pretty big comeback. I have not seen Bender's Big Score. I have tried to get to it. But im pretty sure that since they are doing these movies one of two things will happen. One they bring new episodes of the show back. Or two they will make a movie to bring it to an actual close.
  • full of epic win i miss it so much

why did cartoon network and fox never continue the show? I personally loved it and i'm waiting very impatiently for dvd movies to come out. I heard that suposedly its going to return on comedy central maybe sometime next year. I can't wait to find out what Fry is going to do now that he's gotten more serious with leela. I also want to see what they have planned with Kip and Amy's relationship. Also whats going to happen now if Zap Branagen sp? finds out about fry and leela dating. Will he go on a psychotic rampage?
  • This show reminds you of The Simpsons, doesn't it?

From the creator of The Simpsons, Matt Groening has done it again. He made Futurama. I like this show. My favorite characters are Phillip J. Fry (also known as Fry) and Bender. They are so funny they crack me up! I got interested in this show when I was surfing the channel when I was bored late at night and went right to Comedy Central. I watched one of the episodes and I thought it was pretty. Everyone I know likes this show too! Like I said, this is the best Matt Groening cartoon ever since The Simpsons! Well done Matt!
  • An outlook to what is not going to be the future, but still funny!

"Future"... The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that is Futurama. Ha, no reason why every time I think of the future I think of flying space crafts and going to Mars in a matter of minutes; but soon enough reality sets in and I go on to thinking off high gas prices and the cost of living increasing. I started watching this show when I first heard about it the day it premiered on FOX. I watched the show and laughed a bunch. I don't remember how old I was, but I do however, remember sitting on my couch with my feet stretched out on to the coffee table drinking some pop (soda) and eating some chips. Some people ask me why I like to watch cartoons, this show is a fair example why. Even if the show got canceled, I still love to watch the previews. I'm not sure what it is that makes this show one of my favorites, but I do know I wish it wasn't canceled.
  • This show definitely broke the cartoon mold.

This is one of my favorite shows. This has some of the best characters ever in a cartoon series. I can't remember when I laughed so much show after show (except maybe the M.A.S.H. and Home Improvement re-runs). This series was canceled before it's time. Billy West did most of the voices on the show including Phillip J. Fry and Professor Farnsworth. He is a very talented voice actor who along with John DiMaggio (who did the voice of Bender) and Katey Segal (who did the voice of Leela) made this show a cult classic. It is only recently that they have made a new movie. I hope the series comes back with new episodes.
  • When a young and dumb delivery called Fry accidentally freezes himself 1000 years into the future, he finds that life in New New York isn't as different as in New York. Fry them meets his great (+4) nephew and works for him in a space delivery comp

This show is a pretty descent one only it represents too much the simpsons and isn't that original. I watched the first 1 or 2 seasons them I went of it because it started to bore me. If you liked the simpsons them you will like this show too because they are extremely similar in different ways, if that makes any sense.
    Fry is basicall a dumb loser that works as a delivery boy for a living and every girlfriend he gets cheats on him. He is very much like Homer and Bart Simpson.
    Lila is a cyclops that works with Fry for the delivery company. Fry has always had a crush on her and everyone knows so. Lila is modest and kind, but also is very much like Marge Simpson.
    Bender is a drunk, cigarette smoking robot who is Fry's best friend. Fry first found him in a suicide booth in the street and convinced him to not go through with his suicide attempt. They have colleagues and best friends ever since the incident
    In all Futurama is a pretty descent show but should differ from the Simpsons more and get new characters to restart the show and continue with the series.
  • it superb

i just love the characters in the cartoon, bender has to be the best and funniest how he just gets drunk and and annoys everyone by lounging around watching tv all day, gambling or finding feamle robots, he must have so much fun. lela is just so hot haha with her one eye. fry is just ginge and i hate gingers there weird it as if they have diseases. he is also quite funny he would be funnier if he had a diffrent hair coulour tho. i just love the show except for the hair thing that is just sickening and wrong.
  • Futurama is the best animated show ever

Absolutley brilliant! This review is gonna get short for this show. It's the best cartoon ever, I have no doubt at all. Really what show is better than Futurama? Scrubs!
    I love this show so much, I always crack up with it. I laugh at almost everything of Futurama, I just can't help it. All the characters are lovable, they all crack me up somehow, Bender, Fry, Pharnsworth, Leela, Zoidberg, Amy, Zapp Brannigan and Hermes. And other things that makes the show so great besides the superb jokes and excellent humor, is that it's very smart and all is new stuff that you have never seen on other show, so is full of surprises, well... was. And that it has some tearjerker episodes, with touching moments and clever stuff. And honestly is funnier than The Simpsons, is from the same creator, but I think Futurama should be the masterpiece of Matt Groening. Watch the show is highly recommended, you gonna laugh so much. It really deserves an absolute 10. I hope it's coming back next year. It's pure genius!
  • "Futurama" is a funny animated show that is funny and carries out the emotion every well.

"Futurama" is another animated show from the creator of "The Simpsons". "Futurama" tells the story of Fry who is frozen and is awaken in the future. There he meets his nephew Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth, a robot named Bender who is described by one character as "alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain-smoking gambler". He also meets an attractive one eyed human looking alien captain of the Planet Express Ship named Leela. Leela and Fry are I think are in love but, the show never states that.

"Futurama" is one of the shows in which there are no flaws. "Futurama" does what recent animated shows lack is emotion. "Family Guy" tried too hard for emotion but, "Futurama" does a better job of capturing emotion. This is not better than "The Simpsons" but deserves a place in my top 10 of the greatest animated shows of all time.
  • It's hard to believe "Futurama" got taken off the air, and I was shocked when it happened!

"Futurama" is a great piece of work by Matt Groening. I actually think it's better than his more famous cartoon, "The Simpsons". The show is very funny, and yet it has a Sci-Fi feeling to it. I'm not usually a fan of that kind of stuff, but it's very good. "Futurama" gives an intriguing and funny outlook on our universe 1,000 years from now. Most of the norms and customs that you'll see in this series are just plain whacky, from robots surviving off alcohol to aliens that poop out starship fuel... this show is so original and it's ahead of its time... literally!
  • Futurama FTW!!!

This show has got to be one of my all time favorites. It's about a guy named Phillip J "Fry" who accidentally falls into a time machine and is un frozen 1000 or some years later.

The thing I really like about the show has got to be the characters. Their ways and personalities keep me laughing every time I turn it on. My favorite character Bender is probably the funniest in my eyes but all the others are defiantly close seconds. The jokes on Futurama are actually pretty good some aren't really funny but that really doesn't change my view of the show. I really do recommend this to fans of other Adult Swim comedy shows.
  • Fry, a pizza delivery boy, gets frozen

Philip J Fry is a pizza delivery boy from NYC in the year 1999 who gets frozen in suspended animation for 1000 years to wake up in the year 2999 at New Years Eve where he is initially given the job of delivery boy by Leela, a one eyed 'alien' (who later turns out to be a mutant). But, escaping from Leela, he befriends the robot Bender who is about to commit suicide and they both escape from being killed and become good friends. Leela joins them at the end of the episode and then they join Hubert Farnsworth's Planet express delivery company and deliver stuff and have adventures with a crablike alien called Dr Zoidberg and Amy, a rich marsian girl of asian descent and a jamaican businessman. Their adventures take them far and wide to many different planets and places and they meet many different aliens etc etc etc etc. The humour in the show is fairly intelligent and pretty funny, and it is very entertaining though not as good a rewatcher as The Simpsons, it is probably one of my fave animations.
  • They keep getting better and better.

The new Futurama season is going to be awesome because of the "Benders Big Score" movie and how the had hint they where coming back on the air. The hints where there you would have had to be blind no to see then. and the BOX company and related to the FOX company was cool but i hope that fry is able to get all his billions of dollars back that he lost to the MOM cop. I probably should be writing this review as i haven't seen any episodes lately but who care ill finish writing it any way. Futurama in conclusion is AWESOME
  • The Simpsons...In the future !

First of all, this show deserved its emmy, and i think it could have, and should have won more. This show shows that a character as simple as a robot can be original and funny as hell, a cyclopes can kick ass, and a loser from the 1990's can be just as more in the year 3000. And those are just some of the characters, if i were to go into more, you'd have one long review. Another factor to this is since it takes place in the future, it can set up A LOT of funny jokes. Like, the suicide booth, always funny to see someone that has never used one think its a phone booth and almost die. And who doesnt get a kick out of seeing a robot at a robot strip club? The writers of this show make everything funny and great. Im glad it is coming back on air and will have three more movies after BBS (Benders Big Score)which was a great way to bring it back

Long live Futurama, because Hypno-Toad said so
  • It is an ok sitcom

Futurama is the whipping boy of modern prime time cartoons. Since it was made by the creator of the Simpsons it was expected to be exactly like it. Futurama had its own brand of comedic flair, which is absolutely hilarious. Bender, Fry, Leela, Hermes, Zoidberg, all of these characters are well thought out and work incredibly well together, on top of the fact that situations and anecdotes from previous episodes are brought up all the time, adding continuity to an already excellent series. I'll admit that I too was among the people crying foul when Futurama first came out, I didn't grow to truly appreciate it until it was put in syndication on adult swim, and more so later as I bought all the episodes on DVD. I don't think the world was ready for what futurama had to offer when it first came out, and everyone should give it another shot through adult swim or by DVD rental. It has solid entertainment value, and a unique comedic style.
  • Jurassic Bark Fry demonstrates selflessness and unconditional love.

I had to watch this episode twice to make sure that it really had the effect on me that it did. That only made me cry harder. At the moment I feel a bit traumatized, not foreseeing the astonishing impact this episode would have on me. This was by far, the most amazing thing that I have ever seen on any television program let alone an animated one. If you are in the mood for an emotional cleansing, watch this episode. If you are a sucker for punishment, watch it again and again, I know I will.
  • Futurama was a really good, exciting, and funny show.

Futurama is about a guy named Fry, a pizza delivery man, who was accidentally frozen for about a 1000 years who ends up in the future. Now, he must survive in the unknown reaches of strange galaxies, meeting new species, dangers, and incredible technology. He tags along with a few others, including a robot, and even a few aliens.

Futurama was a hilarious show, and it was very fun to watch. Everytime I see it nowadays, I'm putting down what I'm doing and just stay and watch a whole episode, sometimes forgetting what I was supposed to do. I wish it was back though. Otherwise, it would be perfect.
  • I miss this show sooo much!!!!

hey i miss this show soo much it should totoally come back!! I love bender he is such a werid robot i love him! he is a drunk adicct and i think he is an cool guy, fry is a total loser because he is so lost in 3000, The professer is why too old, lol and well dr.zoidberg is an old of work doctor i barely think he is an doctor i dont get why fox cancelled it! i hate them for that! i always thought this show should be one of the best ever even better than the simpsons!
  • great!

This show is great i dont see why fox ended it i really hope the CC will bring it back cause the stories are great and funny i would love to see were the show goes in the futurama it will be great to see if fry and lela end up together and bender find a female robot to have a family with there is so much stuff left for the show to do and go throw so i realy hope that the show gets a second chance and the it will last this time well signing off futurfan bye
  • A dude gets frozen in time and wakes up 1000 yrs later

Futurama, set in the next millennium, follows the exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy who was cryogenically frozen by accident for 1,000 years; Leela, a female cyclops; Bender, an immoral robot, and others as they work for an intergalactic delivery service owned by Fry's great, great, great... nephew, Professor Hubert Farnsworth. Other crew members include a Jamaican beaurecrat Hermes Conrad, an incompetent crustacean-like doctor, John Zoidberg, a normal looking Martian intern, Amy Wong and Scruffy, the Janitor. This series is hilarious bender is the funniest character by far he smokes and drinks. That robot rocks. Fry is also really funny and him and bender make a great team.
  • My second favorite animated comedy after Family Guy.

Futurama is so funny, every time I watch the show I always laugh. I started watching the show when it first came on fox back in the 90's. I tried to watch it every Sunday when I was little. Then once it came on [adult swim] I started watching Futurama every night for like 5 years. My favorite character has to be Bender. What can you not love about a stealing,cigar smoking,drinking robot. I was very disappointed when I first heard they were ending the show on fox. I wondered why they would end such a good show,but now there making some movies that I might have to watch sometime.
  • Overlooked by hardcore fans of Family Guy, and those who fell in love with the Simpsons first, Futurama has something about it that sets it apart from its other black humor comedy competitors.

Futurama is often judged by many to be one of those "I can't believe people waste their time watching that" shows by viewers who aren't into the more mature parodic, black humor cartoons like the Simpsons and Family Guy. And to many fans of those shows, such as Family Guy, Futurama is "weak", "unoriginal", and even "downright boring". However, Futurama is one of the better cartoon comedies out there, for those who like a plot now and then. Futurama isn't -all- about parodies and making fun of life and pop culture. It has its own original storylines that serve to entertain as well as build morale, while still making fun of its own plot. But in the end, its humor tends to be more refined, and even cute from time to time, and of richer taste than Family Guy. (And don't get me wrong, I do actually like Family Guy as well!) But there's something about Futurama that almost makes it a more sophisticated and suprisingly inspirational version of the stereotypical adult cartoon comedies. But hardly to the point where it's boring, of course. Futurama truly is a creative work with its own sense of humor and original storylines. It's definitly a fantastic show!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10