Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews page 7 of 34

• This show is awsome!!!

This show is so unbeleivabley histerical. It is undiniably one of the best shows ever created for peoples amusment. Even though this show is one of the best shows ever it can not compare to the awsome genius and creativity of Family Guy. Still, Futurama will be better if they come out with a new season again. That way they will have more celebrity mishaps and mayhems to make fun of. The best character is definately Fry. His absolute stupidity makes the show it's greatness that it is . Bender and Lila are both awsome to because of their perpetual sarcastic marks and attitude.
  • ok Show

7.6
    I thought this was a pretty good show and I still watch it alot. I thought they would continue the show but i was wrong. I always liked Matt Groenings work. Its fantastic. But this show isnt that good. Ive seen every episode and I still watch. My favorite character is Zoidberg. Hes the funniest of them all. So the main point of this show is about a boy who gets frozen and then stuck in the future. Great show overall. I wish they could continue the show and make a few new episodes but thats not going to happen. I will rate this a 7.6.
  • Futurama is a show about an under achiever delivery boy who has always wanted to explore outer space. Once he's "accidentally" frozen and wakes up 2000 years later his wishes come true. He befriends an alcoholic robot and an alien and his life changes.

I fell in love with this show after the very first time I watched it. Unfortunately I didn't start watching it until it was already in syndication on Cartoon Network. Yet after watching only four episodes, I went out and bought the first season on dvd, and soon after I bought the other three. This show is by far the greatest cartoon that has ever been on fox. The jokes are funny yet are so much more muture than the ones that are on Family Guy and the Simpsons. There are so many different things that can be done on this show, seeing is how it takes place in the future and any thing can happen, and most do.
  • one of the best comedies out there

I watch this show and easily like it. The humor has funny parts, but it's really average humor. It's actually not wacko like Family Guy or any of those shows. Fry is a good focus character, he's ignorant and funny. Bender is hilarious, all the very good episodes revolve around his selfishness and comedy. The animation is well, it should get more credit. The writers seem to give it more effort than they do The Simpsons, but it's counterpart is still a better show. But Futurama's up there. It deserves a good rating and is something to watch between hardcore comedy shows.
  • A shwo that was too young to die. Please bring it back I'm begging you.

Futurama, set in the next millennium, follows the exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy who was cryogenically frozen by accident for 1,000 years; Leela, a female cyclops; Bender, an immoral robot, and others as they work for an intergalactic delivery service owned by Fry's great, great, great... nephew, Professor Hubert Farnsworth. Other crew members include a Jamaican beaurecrat Hermes Conrad, an incompetent crustacean-like doctor, John Zoidberg, a normal looking Martian intern, Amy Wong and Scruffy, the Janitor.

Futurama is Matt Groening's second foray into prime time with an animated series, the first one being The Simpsons.

Futurama has also spawned a highly successful comic series, Futurama Comics which will be going into its fourth year this January. Futurama is a hilarious cartoon which shows what a grim future the year 3000 will bring with malfunctioning technology, alien invasions and suicide booths on every block.

Emmy Awards

2000 - Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation for episode "A Bi-Clops Built for Two"

2001 - Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation Rodney for episode "Parasites Lost"

2002 - Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less Than One Hour) for episode "Roswell That Ends Well"

Emmy Nominations

1999 - Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming One Hour or Less) for episode "A Big Piece of Garbage"

2001 - Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less Than One Hour) for episode "Amazon Women in the Mood"

2003 - Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less Than One Hour) for episode "Jurassic Bark"

2004 - Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less than One Hour) for episode "The Sting"

2004 - Outstanding Music & Lyrics for episode "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings"

Although the show is no longer in production, it can still be seen on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block, where it has enjoyed great ratings.

Due to these high ratings, four direct to dvd movies will be made, the first to come out Xmas 2007 and they will air in 2008 on Comedy Central as 16 separate episodes.

If the ratings/dvd sales are high enough, there will be hope to bring Futurama back for a fifth production season.
  • Pretty much the greatest show ever written and conceived.

Futurama.. by now everyone has heard of it. If not, why are you here? Oh.. I guess you want to know more!

Good on you.

This show which was criminally under appreciated and canceled before its time by the incompetent gasbags of the FOX network has recently been given a new lease on a life through a series of 4 straight to DVD movies (also coming to Comedy Central in the form of regular episode sized chunks).

Follow the hilarious misadventures of 20th century cryogenic defrostee Philip J. Fry, one eyed mutant space pilot Turanga Leela, Bender the robotic foul mouthed alcoholic criminal and all the rest in their legendary misadventures in the 30th century!

Flawless writing, humor that the Simpsons hasn't seen in over a decade and an endearing and lovable cast of miscreants and weirdos that are more human than the entire cast of every reality show ever conceived put together.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll also laugh until you cry. And then cry some more if there are no more episodes after the 4th movie.
  • It's a good show

Call me vulgar, but I would prefer Family Guy to this show. I still like Futurama, though, and Bender is my favorite character. It's funny, and the futuristic setting of New York is pretty good. It's not as popular as Family Guy, but it is more creative, and I did watch this show before I started watching Family Guy. The plot lines are also interesting, and I like how people seem to gang up on Fry. I also like the storylines of Zap Brannigan flirting with Leela, only to have her beat his a**. Uh... yeah it's a good show, and there's 104 words.
  • Amazing Sci fi comedy

Yet again Matt groening made a awesome show like the simpsons. It shows the fake future of the world in a funny way. Fry and bender are my favorite characters in the whole show. I saw bender at least four time in the simpsons, and I saw bart in futurama about.....1 time. It has really good storylines in each episode. Bender always wants to kill all humans (because he keeps saying "kill all humans"). And leela is the one who holds the team together and she is really funny. Amy also says phrases in another way like, pleesh instead of sheesh, and bluh instead of duh. A really good show.
  • "Lengendary"

This is one of those shows that I personally classify as " L m f a o " shows. My " L m f a o " shows are the shows that I personally consider to be Awesome ! Shows like this make me laugh so hard . . . and this is one of them due to the fact that well . . . it makes me " L m f a o . " I seriously consider for those of you to watch shows that i classify as a " L m f a o " show. Thank You!
    ---
    9.7, yup 9.7 Futurama is my personal favorite show and is in my opinion the funniest show on Adult Swim . Second is Family Guy . It is totally worth watching. It is about some guy who gets sent to the future and now must live with his 160 year old Nephew ? ! ? . . . and some residence of the future. Theres a whole bunch of differences in the future that really make people laugh along with the general jokes of it. Theres also funny T V shows such as " All My Circuits " and " Everyone Loves Hypnotoad . " And theres a really really really funny talking robot called bender , he is a robot programmed to bend , a really funny one ! Then theres Leela , a cyclops girl whos parents are mutants living in a sewer. Now lets get to the big ol' point . . . . . Futurama is the funniest show on earth ! ! !
  • Weaker than classic Simpsons but still a good show.

Futurama is like a mix between The Simpsons and Family Guy it can have the interesting plots good storylines and occasional emotional moments of The Simpsons ,with sex jokes like in Family Guy but less of them and it is laid back like Family Guy where you don't mind a continunity error. I personally don't like Family Guy it is too immature for me but I like Futurama because it is a good show it has many interesting plots , good jokes and interesting characters. It benefits from being a furure program well with the characters in it futuristic making them interesting although it wouldn't have worked without a 20th century person as that persons reaction helps us. All the characters are funny and have good background it's always nice to see a flashback into Fry's past and learn a new thing about Leela or Bender. It is a very consistant show with all four seasons being good and it should not have been cancelled. It is laid back you can see something wrong and not care because unlike the Simpsons it isn't realistic. It has some good jokes and some bad it doesn't have many that will make you groan and want to change the channel. Overall it is a good show and a nice substitute if you don't like current Simpsons episodes but want something that's similiar but completely different and new.
  • this show rocks!!!

futurama is one of the best shows EVeR! and i mean EVER! ive seen shows and episodes that do future related themes but this show really out does itself with all the cool things the future could bring.and the comedy just blows my mind.My favorite character is bender and zoidberg is a close second.leela is my favorite female character.i just love that purple hair!! then amy then,.... is there no more girls..? well anyway,i like the professor.hes funny. but hermes,well he just gets on my nerves some times.my favorite episode is when they go into the internet and leela meets that other one eyed dude. great show.
  • Its Comeing Back In 08

Futurama, set in the next millennium, follows the exploits of Fry, a pizza delivery boy who was cryogenically frozen by accident for 1,000 years; Leela, a female cyclops; Bender, an immoral robot, and others as they work for an intergalactic delivery service owned by Fry's great, great, great... nephew, Professor Hubert Farnsworth. What more can i say about the show but that its the best dam show ever in the history of fox dont get me wrong i love family guy and the simpsons its that this show is just so much more fun to watch then the other ones.

The guy who made the simpsons has i a hit on his hands and yes it was cut from fox and then put on adult swim and now comedy cental the new episode will air on cc and theres the four movies they are comeing out with im just so happy that this has a nother chance to make tv history with second chance well i just know that this show will last along as the simpsons.
  • Matt has excelled himself

Futurarma is an (most of the toime literally) out-of-this-world animation set in New New York. Phillip J Fry a 20th century man has been sent into the year 3000. This dull but lovable fish-out-of-water makes delivery funny as he travells throughout the universe on his adventures. His best friend Bender is a hillarious cxriminal with an addictive personality. He makes a travesty of hondas dream robots (Those white things that play soccer) Their one eyed captain leela tries to keep them in tow and the mains are helped by a great array of Supporing cast. Characters are well defined and are 3 dimensional unlike some other cheap adult animations around. Charecters such as Zapp and Kiff Zoidberg and The Robot. Hoping to see it back after the writes strike cant wait for the dvd of the movie to come out in Aus.
  • A boy wakes up in the year 3000. Wait a minute! It's a comedy? AND it's animated?

Whoa. When I say this is ahead of it's time... well, I mean it's ahead of it's freakin time. Futurama is blessed with a storyline that allows it to make an infinite amount of jokes, and that is so crucial to a shows success-having a plot that allows you to stretch the genre to the edge of breaking.
    Matt Groening-thy god-has provided again, after the unhindered success of the simpsons, made a simpsons clone-nly Bart/Fry and Lisa/Leela are grown up, and Homer/Bender is robot. And they're 1000 years in the future. It's funny, rude, and has an alcoholic piece of machinery. What else could you ask from a comedy?
    See yas!
  • A Great show worth watching!

No regrets here! this is a great funny show, written and produced by the same producer of our all time favourite most origanal TV show to air "The simpsons" both these shows are great fun to watch, it's good because it's targated at basicaly all age groups. You know that feeling when your at school and you want to fit in, if your so called "cool" you gotta watch the simpsons or gotta watch "futarama" haha brings back memories of primary school! All the "cool" kids would be talking about "the simpsons" anyway its a great show and you wont have any regrets with this one. If you want to bond with the family (phycastic) and have a laugh i reccomend this!
  • Simply amazing!

Year 3000, a pizza delivery boy, Fry wakes up only to find out that he was frozen over the past 1000 years and now he has to adapt to his new environment.After a series of incidents Fry along with Leela, a cyclops, go to Fry's only living relative,his nephew Professor Hubert Farnsworth, to ask for a job.Farnsworth takes them in and makes them his new delivery service crew.Along with doctor John Zoidberg a crazy mutant lobster, Amy Wong the only normal person in the crew, Bender a robot whose only thoughts are stealing and drinking booze and Hermes Conrad a Jamaican beaurecrat Fry is about to learn what has changed over the past 1000 years!
  • A classic from Matt Groening

I've seen many shows that are funny but Futurama goes way past funny into hilarious.What makes the show so funny is Fry's stupidity,Benders rudeness,Leela's sarcasm and many others.If you like The Simpsons you will automatically love this show.It was a sad day when it was cancelled but thank god Comedy Central is bringing it back with another 15 or 16 more episodes.Maybe this time around more people will start watching this show than all the other wasted shows on CC.I think this is a classic from Matt Groening and hit jackpot with this show.This show is a personal favorite and a perfect 10.
  • Futurama pft so old school they need to make some new eps....

6.2
    more more more...
    every time it is on i feel like changeing the channel.
    the last epp was so boring.
    they need to make some more.
    the story line is ok but i have seen every epp and only some of them are good. in think that fry and leela should hook up and for once leela shoud say yess to fry.
    i reckon that they should also review the past eps more mabe even go back to the first epps so we can rember wat happened. so in short new eps old eps and more reviews.
    i know that i an changeing the subject but avatar rules .....
  • "bite my shiny metal ass"!!

From the genius that presented you The Simpsons, Matt Groening has yet again created a comedic masterpiece . Futurama is a very original show full of unique colorful characters which each of them have their own distinguishable personality which help amplify the humor and wit of the show. This show has a a astonishing premise , Fry the average oafish , slow witted, adolescent, modern teenager who has a very unlucky lifestyle when we are first introduced to Fry he is portrayed as a having a rigorous life his girlfriend dumps him for another love interest he is has a low paying job. One can relate to Fry's problems as that is the problem that many people have to endure in this consumer based economy thus making fry the most relatable characters in the series, his poor lifestyle contributes adequately to the humor of the show and is also a recurring gag in the series. do to odd circumstances Fry ends up being cryogenical suspended in time for 1000 years. The characters are Fry , bender, leela, professor Farnsworth , and many more despite the fact this is show is comedy animated show it is very dramatic , the show has some drama into it which literally distinguishes this show from many Amercian animated shows because the characters have depth to them this show not only offers humor but surreal drama equivalent to that of a live action show, romance. every episode is blessed with great one liners . the jokes are clever and coherent to the plot (unlike a certain show that will go unnamed )the character interactions are done humorously . the humor does not just structure around the idiocy of the main character but the also the minor characters flaws , troubles . even the weaker episodes does not fail to amuse you and chuckle a laugh, their some jokes aimed at nerds to enjoy truly a spectacular show. One must question why fox cancel a show of magnificence this truly is the successor to the Simpsons , I might even as far as to say the show surpasses the Simpsons. This a show I recommend to a lot . of people this show is genius, Thank you Matt groening you and David X Chonen this show is beyond its era.
  • Futurama is Midly interesting becuase some of it is good and some of it is rude.

I have seen all the episondes of Futruama and I think some of them are good and some of them they get rude in them. My favorite i'd say is there version of Titanic. I think it is clever how they have though up of a year 3000 edishion of it. It's also funny how it is a space ship and flys when the 1912 Titanic as we all know sails on proper water. The worst bits i'd say is when Fry strips off like when Lela told him to in the first episode. I think this programme is 5 out of 10 good. An inbetween one.
  • I can not believ Futurama is coming back, Comedy Central is a genius for buying the rights to air those first, their gonna be rich, now if they dont take forever to bring back Drawn Together i will never change from comedy central

this show, family guy, american dad, south park, the avatar, simpsons, Drawn Together, alll perfect. Hopefully Comedy Central will keep it running for at least a few more seasons, and hopefully they wont try anything new, which hasnt worked for many past tv shows. If Futurama gets back all of its talented writers and producers and voice talents, it will be even more successful as it already was in the past. If you havent seen all or at least most of the old tv shows of Futurama i recommend that you see them and see why theyre one of the first and only shows to come back after years of being cancelled
  • magic.

dood this show is just great. i love it. i mean out of all the show, simpsons family guy american dad ect., this is defenitly the best one. It's just so freaking funny. Bender and Fry just crack me up, and then there is lila she is pretty funny too. i mean i don't really know how to describe it but good. So i advise watch it. I own all four season on dvd, and you can watch them over and over again and it still doesn't get old. adult swim is another place to catch them, you just have to watch it.
  • Futurama was the story of Fry a delivery guy that was accidentally frozen in the 20st century only to wake in the 30st century f4rom there on It's just crazy

Futurama is one of the funniest cartoons I have ever watched. Every character in the show was great. They all had their moments. But my favorite was Bender. He was a suicidal, alcoholic robot but if he ever came close to a magnet he turned into a folk singer. The show had some random moments that would make anyone laugh for days. While the show takes place in the 30st century is really sarcastic of our times also. What needs to be said is that sometimes the show can be repetitive making it boring but over all is a great show that everyone should watch.
  • This show was made by Matt Groening. 'Nuff said.

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best shows to date. The cast it easy to love, the episodes are intriguing, and there's just enough humor to make you laugh out loud.

It all starts when Fry, a young man approximately in his twenty's, accidentally freezes himself and is catapulted one throusand years into the future. When he is unfrozen, he is confronted by a strange cast of characters: The Professor, a mad scientist; Leela, a very physically fit (albeit sexy) cyclops; Bender, a robot who's addicted to alcohol; and Dr. Zoidberg, some kind of wierd mix between a lobster and a man.

Bender's antics are hilarious, and most of the episodes aren't just mindlessly funny with no discernable plot. Yay for Matt Groening! This show is a sure winner.
  • A good relief from all of the serious-ness of the world.

I love to watch this show when life is just getting to me (I know it's mushy, but you're just going to have to deal with it) or when I've had a long day, becuase the funniness of this show relaxes me. I'm not sure why, but it does. Hearing Bender curse the world or seeing Fry and Leela making out just gives me the feeling that everythig is going to be alright. I realized though, that I do not have as much tolerence for this show after I've had a good day. I don't know why, that's just life for you I guess. I guess I must have had a stressful day today because I am watching the Futurama marathon right now. So, if I had to classify this show on a scale from one to ten, I would say it is somewhere between a 6 and a 7. Maybe a 6.773.
  • I can't wait till its back!

this show kicks butt.I have seen every episode,and they never get old.fox made a bad decision canncling it!lucklly adult swim saved it.the funniest episode is when bender goes too hell.it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the simpsons.i hope comedy central dosen't canclle it.If you like jetsons youl love futurama.futurama is 'definitiy,simply,absolutely the best show ever.bite my shiny metal ass!good news every one! whoop whoop whoop!I build my own house with blackjacks and hookers,in fact forget the park,awww... scew the whole thing.you will be hooked on as soon as you wath it.I am currently wathing a marothon of every episode.peace out yall!oh yeah!
  • Matt Groening's better project.

It's about a man named Philip J Fry who falls into a ice preserver and is in the future and meet's Leela a cyclopes and Bender a robot.Unlike The Simpsons this is funnier. It was too bad it didn't last long but then it returns to Comedy Central next year but recently it got a movie on dvd release called bender's big score I haven't seen it but I heard it is good. I rate this a 9 out of 10 can't wait till next year it will be awesome after this long pointless marathon on Adult Swim can't wait till then.
  • The greatest show on earth. I am so happy they brought it back as straight to DVD movies.

Almost every episode of the show makes me laugh so hard that I fall on the ground. Although the new movie Bender's Big score wasn't as quite as good as the show, it was also hilarious. I own every season on DVD, and even though I've watched them all plenty of times, they are still funny. I highly recommend this amazing show. The plot, characters, scenes and jokes are extremely great. If you have never seen this show, you must, because it is the best show and always will be. I used to like the simpsons almost as much as this, but the latest simpsons episodes have been decreasing in funniness. You must watch this show. The Hypnotoad commands you to.
  • A True Classic

When you see this show a question comes to mind. Why did they stop making this fantastic programme? The only possible answer could be that because it could be like the simpsons, where the newer episodes aren't half as good as the old episodes. But Futurama will always remain one of my favourite shows ever. A poll of the top ten best robots voted Benderin third place, which is agreeable since he is one of the best characters in the series. With great plots and brilliant lines, this is truly a hillarious show that in my opinion, is truly a classic.
  • Futurama is about a lot of things. On the surface, it appears to be a science fiction version of the Simpsons, but where the Simpsons has grown lackluster in the recent years, Futurama shines. Futurama is more than just a sci fi cartoon.

Futurama started out unappreciated. Fox, for one thing, never quite grasped the gift that they had been given. They had been generous with Matt Groening over the Simpsons, but not for Futurama. For years, Fox buried Futurama in its listings, moving its time slot and frequently pre-emptying it for football games and the like. There are many aspects of Futurama that are unnoticed or only caught for a second. Like a professor who is a fan of Futurama has said, there are gags that you must be very quick with the DVD remote to catch. The writers of Futurama pride themselves on making the fans part of their world. They have constructed three different alien languages in the hopes that the fans would interpret them and then the secret messages embedded, well, everywhere.

The writers incorporate scientific and mathematic principles into the episodes all the time- David X. Cohen, one of the executive producers of the show, has a degree in Computer Science. It shows, but to a casual observer not interested in math, the segment on Bender's Big Score shows how deeply and seriously the writers take this show.

Unlike other shows, Futurama also engages in much plot and character development. The characters have a certain amount of depth and continuity. Although Fry is an idiot, he is not without his quirks and charms. His affections for Leela are featured in many episodes, but they are not the primary focal point of the show. Matt Groening has always been about satire and that does not suffer in this show.

Even barring Bender's Big Score, there is satire involved in poking fun at excessive fans (the Star Trek episode comes to mind). Global warming is mentioned (the segment with the 'instructional film strip' is used in An Inconvenient Truth and Al Gore himself starred in Bender's Big Score). The show takes jabs at conventional science fiction practice of "pushing buttons and yanking levers" to start a space ship. It does not show robots in the typical, cliched matters- either the robots have gone insane or they're perfect servants. Robots in the Futurama-verse are self serving, yes, but not actively gunning down people in the streets. Well, there is a matter of Santa Claus's robot (best Christmas episode of anything *EVER*), but he's the exception. I could go wax verbose about Futurama's strengths, but I think I've said enough. Futurama is one of my favorite shows and it holds its own, even after being canned for two years. Fox didn't appreciate what it had and then it lost it. For shame.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11