Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews page 9 of 34

• futurama is about a guy named fry he is a pizza Delivery Boy at Panucci's pizza in the 20th Century then while making a delivery he falls into a Cryogenic chamber and wakes up in the year2999 and everyone he has ever know is dead and he thinks its great

futurama is about a guy named fry he is a pizza Delivery Boy at Panucci's pizza in the 20th Century then while making a delivery he falls into a Cryogenic chamber and wakes up in the year 2999 and he goes around with turanga leela the captain of the planet express ship and Bender Bending Rodriguez he is the best characters on the show he is the smartass robot everyone wanted when u were a kid he drinks and smokes and laughs at everyones problems you also have professor fransworth who is 160 years old and is frys great great and so on nephew. Dr Zoidbreg who know absolutely nothing about humans. Amy Wong her mother and father own mars it was the best thing on tv for a long time but it was canceled but it's coming back it's going to be on comedy central the first one 2 be aired is going 2 be Futurama Bender's Big Score! then Futurama Into the Wild Green Yonder Futurama Bender's Game Futurama The Beast with a Billion Backs u can get the seasons 1-4 on dvd if u want 2 see it in order from start to the last episode or u can watch it on cartoon network aka [adult swim ] i hope u enjoy this show as much as i do thx.
  • Robots, aliens, humans, and OWLS? Futurama has all this and more. An amazing animated sci-fi comedy that will have you rolling in the laughter. Join Fry, Leela, and Bender on their weekly adventures in... PACKAGE DELIVERY?

Futurama begins with Phillip J Fry in the year 1999. Though life may have been mediocre as a New York pizza delivery boy, destiny drew him to the future. An "accidental" fall into a cryogenics tube sent Fry to the year 3000, where the scene of New New York was all but familiar to him.

As he awoke, he fought with the idea of being assigned a job and fled. In the process, he found a loveable rascal of a robot named Bender, and fled to the ruins of Old New York, just beneath the surface of New New York.

Although it may have been a stroll down memory lane, Fry was brought back to the future when Turanga Leela, from the cryogenics office, came to assign Fry his new job. But seeing his distress and confusion with the future, Leela shows mercy on Fry joins him and Bender on a quest for employment.

Digging through the family lineage, they found that Fry had one surviving great (to the tenth degree) nephew, Hubert Farnsworth. Farnsworth,an old senile type, just so happens to have a space ship and is in need to hire a crew (don't ask about the previous crew though). With the grace of his great nephew, the three new friends become the new crew for Planet Express, a delivery company.

This show is jam packed with laughs, as well as a whymsical look of the future (i.e. talking heads in jars, transport tubes, mutants below the surface). Futurama is an excellent "retrospecticus" of the late 1990's, early 2000's. Oddly enough, it can only be told from the year 3000. A MUST SEE!
  • sweet

Ive seen the future and its called futurama. Its about a man named philip j fry who is accidentally frozen and sent in to the year 3000. He soon meets bender a bending robot leela a mutant cyclops who thinks she is an alien for an extinct race his great great great great great great you get the point nephew hermes a jamaican buerocrat and former olympics limboer amy a filthy filthy rich martian intern Dr zoidberg a lobster like alien who is broke and knows nothing about human anatomy and nibbler a strange alien creature who it is revealed froze fry.
  • I honestly can never get tired of this show.

Admittedly, I never really watched the show while it was on FOX. Not because I didn't like it but just because I just never really made the effort to. I do fall into the category of those whose fell in love with the show once it started airing on Adult Swim, so criticize if you want, but whatever.

The truth is, this show has become one of my all time favorite shows. It's the perfect blend of low brow humor and smart humor. Plus it has it's fair share of interesting stories and intriguing characters. I'm not the kind of person to watch a movie or a particular episode a ton of times, but I can honestly say I've seen every episode at the very least twice and still watch it nightly to this day. There's just something about it.

It's an excellent show that i hope one day gets the Family Guy treatment, beyond just direct to DVD movies and rehashed episodes from those movies. Although i admit I'm crazy excited for those.
  • So awesome!

How much time have I wasted watching reruns of Futurama, even though I know ever line and have seen the episodes a 100 times before? I don't really know, but Futurama has been hands down my most watched show ever. I keep watching it to see new things in the backround even though there never is. So when I heard that the whole gang would be returning to make new episodes for Comedy Central and those episodes would be 4 movies...or vise versa. I was stoked, now I can't wait to see the new stuff even though I'm afraid it will be the overstylized trying-too-hard comedy of the new Family Guy.
    Briefly, I love the Futurama, because it was a project that let Matt Groening really have fun. The Simpsons had become stale when Futurama was released and Futurama took it's place however briefly as the flagship of Fox animation. I was sad to see Futurama go.
  • Lol. I love this show. It's such a classic.

Lol. I love this show. It's such a classic. Futurama is one of the best comedy animation shows out there. (I hope the hiatus ends soon.) There are few shows that are like it. And none can match it's craziness and originality. Futurama is truly one of a kind. It's not a cliqued copycat. It also has such awesome characters. What other show has people like Fry, Leela, and Bender? (Or Hermes, Amy, or any of the others for that matter?) Some of the jokes are dirty, and sometimes offense when they're about religion, but most of the time they're funny. So yeah, Futurama's all around awesome. 8)
  • Futurama, another great show from Matt.

Why did they cancel this show? I watched it alot. I love this show. But, I heard it might come back. I can not wait to see the new material.

The show has a setting not seen in many cartoons now a days. The animation and the colors are bright and just look amazing. The show has a very colorful cast of characters. There's Zoidberg (Which is the best character ever.), Fry (Main focus), Leela, Bender and many more.

With the amazing writing and the characters this show is pure gold and should never be forgotten. One of the greatest shows in history.
  • The best space animation comedy.

Futurama is an absolute favorite of my brothers and myself. We just could'nt get enough of it when it was on t.v. and eventually got the entire sereis on dvd. What futurama has is a Simpsons feel to it while being completly original. Absolutely hilarious and inapropriate. An great show, and I think the decision to cut it was terrible. But I have recently heard that their will be a new season in 2008. Which if is anything like the first five season will be a blast. I hope that the producers and fox executives do decide to keep it running.
  • Still like the show, but...

The show is great, and Adult Swim brought it back. But now it is starting to get annoying to a point. Too many Saturday night blocks. Yes it is a show that carries it, but still. Besides that the show is ok, just stop showing too many Saturday block and trying to kill it. I have lost interest in it because of those. But I'm hoping they release the new season soon. The show tends to lose its funny after the 3rd time watching the episode. I just hope it doesn't follow suit like the Simpson's and gets worse as it goes along.
  • This is one of the best comedies ever!

This show is really funny and original. The plots are really good and often have surprises in them. The characters are really, really amazing and they all ave there funny and akward personalities. This show is definately one of the best comedies ever made and I can't wait for the new episode, although I hope that they make more episodes after they make the movies into episodes. This is definately worth watching and with characters like Bender, this show is incredible. Most of the episodes are really good and will keep you entertained and laughing. The voice acting is great and it brings these amazing characters to life.
  • Pretty damn funny.

After intialy reveiwing this show I gave it a rather poor score but after seeing craploads of episodes on an Adult Swim Futurama marathon I have to say....I was completely freakin wrong!This is just a great show combinig great humor,animation(including cgi which I had previously criticised) and in some episodes emotion. Since TV.com has a description of the show it would seem pointless to explain the premis so I won't. So Futurama fans forgive my previous review* and the contradictions in this one and cheers for its possible return!(Besides you can only see the old episodes so many times:P)

*If anyone of you actually cared.
  • a grate show one of my faverit show so what i thinkof good good show i dont no but ma i think its beter than the simpson but the simpons is good show so that my summary

will it bender hes funy be cuse he a crminal ehs loveabl bender eh a god robot criminal. fri oh will hes a indeit its true but whith out him futeruma wod suk but bender wod be still be fu.ny i like bender but still fri the words to say funy golbal stuped a suker a good frend. leala hot strong the glu in futerama a grat pilot a god woman so mor yes lela is a hard worker strong and you dont wont to mes whith her thats it but last words i say it a grat thing that the futerama dvd thats coming out soon so god buy.
  • If your a teen you will LOVE this show!

This is a super awsome show. My cousin showed me it and i loved it ever since, Its Funny,Emoticional,Romantic and entertaining :D So the first episode is a little like this : a 25 year old man named Phillip J. Fry, was having a pretty bad life, bad parents,mean brother,bad job,and relationship problems! So its New years and he delivers a prank call pizza delivery (his Job is a pizza delivery boy) and he ends up getting frozen in a cryogenic lab into the year 3000! He meets a Smoking, drinking, Robot Bender,Leela the one-eyed mutant,Fry's Great great great....... nephew Professor Hubert Farnsworth who is 160 years old and Other strange charicters like Dr. Zoidberg the lobster! Theres so much to love about this show! -Keep in mind its PG 14-
  • "Hilarious"

Futurama is a very funny animated comedy about a man named Fry gets frozen for a 1000 years to the year 3000 where meets many funny characters including a wisecracking robot called Bender, a one eyed alien named Leela and a giant lobster called Zoidberg. Futurama is a show created by the creator of the simpsons Matt Greoning who is a genuis in my opinion. The show was sadly canceled back in 2003 by fox and I was very sad to hear futurama end but after years of speculation Futurama will be returning in 2008 much to my delight. Cant to see Futurama on our screens again.
  • Hillarious

The no #1 in my favorites animation shows. Extremely funny and original. I really am mad on Fox because they cancelled it,I heard it was because Matt Groening was planning to drop out on the simpsons and concentrate more on futurama. Anyway,whichever the reasons were,it was a mistake. Futurama really had potential. With great lines and hillarious stories, Futurama made my day everytime I watched it : Bender the alcoholic robot,Fry king of stupidity,Lela the one eye kick ass woman and Zoiberg a doctor with claws and tentacules as mouth were my drog.Aaaand I'm very anxious for the new episodes that wil be (hopefully) aired on comedy central.
  • Futurama is an entertaining and funny programme about a person from the present who is accidently frozen and is revived in the future. It is very emmaganative and interesting.

Personally this is not my favourite yet I still enjoy watching it from time to time. It has a good story line and funny charectors. Some of the charectors are more interesting than others and others are quite seriouse. However each charecter is individual and has a strange side to them. Even the most sensible charecters can be idiotic and funny. Being in the futur the writers are allowed to go wild and think up exotic and crazzy ideas. This combined with the charectors makes a great show. This may all be well but it is clearly aimed at a young audience even though some adults do watch. It is not one of my favourite shows as the humor is not what I feel good enough compared to Simpsons and Familly guy and I believe if they allowed themselves to include discreet adult humor they would get more viewings.
  • Groening' s 2nd show

Futurama is an Emmy Award-winning animated American sitcom created by Matt Groening, who also created The Simpsons, and developed by Groening and David X. Cohen for the Fox network. The series follows the adventures of a former New York City pizza delivery boy, Philip J. Fry, after he is cryonically frozen at midnight, January 1, 2000, and is revived one thousand years in the future.

In the United States, the series aired from March 28, 1999 to August 10, 2003 on FOX, although its timeslot was regularly interrupted and pre-empted by sports events, and eventually went out of production. However, Comedy Central has entered into an agreement with 20th Century Fox Television to syndicate the existing episodes and air the new movies as new episodes in an episodic format as of February 2008.[1][2] At Comic-Con 2007 it was announced that Futurama will return on November 27th as a full-length DVD release called Futurama: Bender's Big Score, which will be followed by three additional films: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game and The Wild Green Yonder. After their release, each film will be divided into four episodes and air on Comedy Central.
  • This is one of my personal favourites.

futurama follows the story of Fry, a 20th century pizza delivery boy who is suddenly frozen and ends up in the year 3000.

with his best friend bender the lovable looting robot and the love of his life leela the cyclops he travels the universe delivering packages to far of galaxies with comical meetings in the middle.

what i really like about this show is that although it is a comedy, it shows that fry's life was quite traggic and emotional before he came to the future. he had nothing in the past but now he has a lot more, also he is in love and i think that the final episode of futuram was spectacular in showing that although they werent official seen dating the episode was left by fry giving up his hopes and dreams for the women he loved, and in that i find that this is one of the greatest cartoons ever, better than the simpsons, more comical than family guy and deserves more awards than all other shows.
  • This Show is Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny, Funny characters, and a great show.

This is a great and Funny show. Bender and fry are the funniest in this series, even the professer and Zoidberg come up with sayings almost evey episode. Each character is funny in his and her own way. I highly recomend this show, and can cheer you up instantly if you are in a bad mood.Its also fun to watch with friend and your family ( not your parents though) Its an Origanal comedy, and would never have been canceled if it werent for money problems. Hopefully the rumors are true about it going to start again after the movies. This Show is Awsome!!!
  • This show had the potential to surpass "The Simpsons" but sadly for things of money it was cancelled. Hopefully the rumors are true, and we might be able to see some new episodes of futurama next year. Its difficult to wait, but it'll be worth it.

Original show different from "The Simpsons" humor. unlike family guy that has copied most of their jokes from the Simpsons, Futurama has their own original storylines, and is intended for a more mature kind of audience. Futurama, didn't need the necessity of racial jokes like many other shows. their jokes were from someone's everyday life. One could see themselves in some of that characters. Futurama lets you know how fun every day life is, and also the problems that it puts in our roads everyday. I'll give this show a 10/10 and even say that if we would have seen more episodes, it would have surpass the Simpsons success on TV.
  • The greatest thing since sliced bread!

Futurama is plain and simply the one show I miss most on TV.
    In my opinion canceling this is unforgivable. I'm so happy it will return and hope the series will get picked again up after the movies.

Futurama is the funniest most lovable show out there.
    I do like the Simpsons but Futurama is much better.
    Among other things it has got a more coherent storyline that is it has a storyline, all the main characters are hilarious in their own way and most important it makes clearer political statements. The last point on this small list is probably what got the show killed.
  • Look into the future.

I first started watching Futurama about two years ago. What first made me want to watch it was that is was created by Matt Groening (the creator of Simpsons). Futurama is a funny look at what the future may be like. The main characters are Fry (a guy who was frozen in the 20th century and then woke up in 3000), Leela (A mutant who always gets in fights on deliveries), and Bender (the robot that drinks smokes and steals lots of stuff). They all work for Planet Express (a delivery company) and they deliver stuff all over the universe. Overall Futurama is a very funny show. It ended in 2003 but they will start a new season in 2008.
  • One of the best animated shows.

I used to love Futurama. "Used" to? Yeah because I used to watch this show all the time on Sunday night with the Simpsons. I haven't watched it since, but I always remembered it being great. Since it was made by the Simpsons creators, it had great writing and jokes. Too bad it got cancelled, but Comedy Central is bringing it back with new episodes. Well actually its a TV movie being split into 4 new episodes. Better than nothing. Plus they are gonna air it in syndication. I'm planning to get the DVD's sometime soon. This will remind me of the glory days of Futurama.
  • one of the funniest and best shows on TV

They should really bring this back, because it is awesome! I would say it is better then the Simpsons, it has the same funny jokse, but in Futurama the plot is much more easier to understand, and sometimes you can relate to Fry. It's so funny how stupid, weird, and funny lots of the characters can be in Futurama like Nibbler, the Proffesure, and my all time favourite character, Zoidburg. He is so funny, and I love it when they have episode that revlove around him like the one where he goes to Hollywood or he goes to his home planet. I laugh at him all the time because he is so poor, and does the weirdest stuff. It was so funny how they introduced him in the second episode.

Besides that, Fry, Lella, and Bender are lovable characters who bring laughs to us all... all I can say is BRING IT BACK!

• A Funny Show

Cant to see Futurama on our screens again.
  • One of the funniest shows ever.

This show is hilarious. It was created by Matt Groening, the same person who made The Simpsons so why shouldn't it be funny.All the episdoes are funny. Some parts even have songs in them so their even more funny. When Bender starts getting mad that's funny.

I loved this show the first time I saw it. I'm so happy their bringing it back. It should of never ended. Matt Groening is a TV show genesis. He created 2 of the funniest shows on TV. I hope they won't stop creating Futurama even when they finish putting the movies on there. Well, anyway this show is hilarious, if you don't watch it you should. It's on at 10:00 PM on Adult Swim

-76ersrock
  • One of the finest animated shows of all-time.

Simpsons creator Matt Groening went to creating Futurama and The Simpsons at the same time, and The Simpsons, to many people, went stale when Futurama was released. Futurama is definitely one of the best shows ever. The artwork is fantastic, the characters are really cool, and the 2D/3D look is fabulous. Anybody that's watched it will tell you, and most people have, it's like a hilarious animated comedic version of Star Wars - kind of. Futurama - is it better than The Simpsons? It's just your opinion. To me, no, just because The Simpsons has more episodes, and generally, better episodes.
  • Show that follows Fry, a pizza delivery boy from 1999whofalls into a cyrogenic freezing machine and wakes up in the future, as he adjusts, tries to win over Leela and be a delivery boy.

Great show, one of my favorite shows, animated or otherwise. It balances the silliness factor with seriousness, most of which for me, is Fry's never-ending (and endearing) attempts to win Leela's love. It has great voice talent and I honestly think, not afraid to make fun of itself. I also apperciate the slight departure from the Simpsons animation, I think this looks better. It's definitely meant for older audiences (meaning not young children), particularly for language. That's fine though because Futurama is a cartoon definitely made for adults, not kids. I'm glad to know that another season is being made; it took long enough!
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13