Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews (1003)

• Clever writing

I love how intelligent this show is, even though some episodes can be boring and it's not really laugh out loud humor, their portrayal of the future and the satire in this show is phenomenal. It also has really sweet moments and sad episodes, like the clover one or "Jurassic Bark". The whole Fry and Leela relationship and how it builds throughout the series, I find really sweet.
  • Matt Groening has the best TV shows on earth: "The Simpsons" and this show.

I love "Futurama". They have the best episodes, the best plot, and great characters.
  • On of the best TV Shows Ever!

The best show ever set in the future.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comedy Central will air the final 13 episodes in June!!!!! WHY DO GOOD CARTOONS END!

But theres [Adult Swim] (Won't be the same, but I don't want it to go).
  • Help Bring back Futurama!!!

I have made a signable petition (one of many existing on the internet) stating our (Futurama fans) desire for more Futurama episodes/seasons. The show has been cancelled by Comedy Central but there is still hope. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

750/555/971/please-give-us-more-futurama-season-8-9-20/

Many people say that they want Futurama to step out on a high note, but I say, the series was doing wonderful with no sign of weakening jokes or plot. The developers have even stated that they have plenty of more stories to tell if season 8 WERE to happen and that they are looking for another channel to bring the show back on. I have adored Futurama since episode one, and it has been one of my favorite shows EVER since then, I can't bear to see it or any of it's extremely awesome and lovable characters go just yet.

Help me and thousands of other fans bring Futurama back!!!
  • Bring back Futurama

who in his right mind would cancel Futurama and South Park is running it 18 season C'mon, Bring back Futurama it even better then Simpsons oh though Simpsons rules but that means it way better then Family Guys
  • death of someone I love. fururama

i will always miss futurama

if possible please bring it back, & the show need to continue until we get there (future)

my family, friends we love this show so mush, I don't even have words to say
  • Awesome show. Canceled before it's time.

It's one hell of on awesome and worthy animated show. I really hate it when Comedy Central decided to cancel an awesome show. It still have more potential and stories to tell. I think netflix should bring them back soon.
  • Just Perfect.

I have been a fan of this show for about 6 years now.

It's unbelievably amazing.

Perfect plot, excellent characters, great ideas.

Just perfect.

I watch it exclusively along with American Dad and Family Guy.

I have seen every single episode at least 10 times.
  • good show

you know futurama should just continue making movies. like maybe 3 more.
  • Best FOX toon

Uproariously funny before the reboot and still pretty hilarious after too. RIP Futurama
  • not as good but better

The new seasons show conspiracies and the funniest things yet.
  • Bad News.

I hate to say to everyone that didn't know this. But it sadly aired it's final episode on September 4th 2013. It has now left me with only 2 shows worth watching that are still on the air. Doctor Who and The Simpsons are it. After those two are cancelled, I'm done watching new episodes of ANYTHING.
  • Best show ever

Well one of the best shows ever! Really hope there will be more episodes :( or movies. I like it a lot more then the Simpsons.
  • Great show

It has had it's ups and downs...

Even so, it has always been a great program (surviving countless cancellations)

Though, one thing is clear....

This show is a cockroach... as many times you try to kill it... it keeps coming back with vengeance!

Here's hoping season 8 in 2015
  • Matt Groening's second masterpiece.

How this show is getting canceled, I'll never know. The Simpsons has been in a sharp decline in recent years, and ironically, it's former inferior counterpart Futurama has been in a sharp incline. Futurama is one of the show's that you'll search thousands of channels to just try to catch one airing of it, and then you'll want more.
  • Strong show with no respect.

Futurama is definitely Matt Groening's best project. The Simpsons went into a train wreck and only recovered a little, but Futurama is still holding up. I like this show a lot and it deserves better.
  • RIP futurama

It's sad to see one of best shows on tv to go. Futurama has always being a great show getting better by each season, if this is the final time at least go out strong.
  • Always look on the bright side.

Though the news about the cancellation is sad, I choose to look on the bright side. Most shows that run for more than 7 seasons gets uninventive and repetitive. Shows like Simpsons pr The Office should have stopped after 7 seasons. I can't think of any memorable episodes after season 7 and just look at the new episodes that gets aired today they're so boring I hardly care anymore. I'm afraid Futurama would suffer the same fate. The show will remain much more cult.
  • Read this if you hate comedy central for canceling a great show like this.

really comedy central really why would you cancel a show that people love cause i started to cry when i found out it would be canceled soon yeah but just why everyone loves this show so just give us at least 1 good reason you guys would cancel a great show like this! so just give everyone 1 good reason why you would cancel this show. my email is so just email me a good reason why you would cancel this show. anyone that is with me agree with this post and we will see just how many people don't want this show canceled.
  • This is what television was invented for.

Futurama is arguably one of the best shows mankind has to offer. Arguably, it came back stronger when it was revived instead of becoming a shambling corpse like Family Guy.
  • The best cartoon.

Creative writing, fantastic settings and characters really set Futurama far ahead of every other animation on television.
  • Easily One of the Best Adult Cartoons ever made.

In case you don't know Futurama is about Phillip J. Fry. A slacker, pizza deliver boy who's given a second chance at life when he's frozen and brought to the year 3000. He meets numerous strange people, like a cyclops humanoid Alien named Leela, a lovable drinking and smoking robot, Bender. His 'nephew' Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg (one of the funniest characters ever put into a show), and many more.

Now I must say being a fan of the Simpsons I decided to watch this getting a netflix. And I decided to watch this and some other shows. But by far Futurama is the best thing I've watch on netflix. The plots are story driven and always switch gears 1/3 through the episodes like the Simpsons. But they make tons of jokes, some pop-cultural, some just well-placed jokes. I guarantee most of them will make a normal person laugh. But the best part are the characters. I like every character on this show. Fry, Bender, Leela, Prof. Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, Hermes, Zapp Branigan, Kif, all provide great laughs. Except Amy, I don't know what it is but her 'pretty girl meets tomgirl' stereotype rubs me the wrong way. Every episode provides jokes and intresting stories. Whether it's screwball episodes like 'War is the H-Word" or "Amazonian Women in the Mood" or more drama filled ones like "Jurassic Bark" or "The Luck of Fryish". Every time I watch this show it always keeps me occupied for 22 minutes.

I recently heard that Futurama is getting canceled. Which kind of makes me sad, but at least it won't be run into the ground like The Simpsons, Spongebob, or SNL. Futurama's legacy will live on and it will remain a fan-favorite for years to come.
  • dirty rumor

Hidy...

I have heard a dirty rumor that yall are going to stop making Futurama!!! Please tell me it isn't so.

We heard a stupid rumor already house) So do not toil with my emotions!!!
  • goods

goods
  • Sci-fi show from Simpsons creator

My next review for a show will be on Futurama. It is a show from Matt Groening (Simpsons) as well as former veteran writer David X. Cohen (developing the show). Futurama follows the comic exploits of Phillip J. Fry, a pizza delivery boy, who was accidentally cryogenically frozen in 1999, and awakens in the year 3000, finding much has changed, and, yet, is seemingly familiar. Together with an assortment of alien, robot, and human friends, he works for an intergalactic delivery service, Planet Express, run by his descendant nephew, and finds many adventures along the way. What do I think on the science fiction show from the Simpsons creator? I do enjoy it and it is a superb show. However, due to my lack of big knowledge of the science subject, I don't watch it very often. I will do every now and then when I'm bored but the purpose of this show will probably make me smarter than usual. Netflix is my only hope to see the episodes I missed when it first premiere. I don't tune in to Comedy Central very often besides this and South Park. I only tune it on rare occasion. I do remember seeing Futurama on Adult Swim and it is the second show that did so well on reruns that it was revived just like Family Guy. Like that show, it would get boring and old seeing the original 72 episodes over and over again. I liked both of the original and the revival series. They're still the same show in my opinion and never went downhill at all. The creativity of the show is well done and the plots for the episodes are very unique. I liked all the characters here but my favorite would obviously be Bender. He always been a funny character especially his catchphrase and the mischievous stuffs he would do. I don't really want to choose my favorite episodes due to not being a regular viewer compared to 7 years ago. So in conclusion I do enjoy watching Futurama but not very much. I'm not into sci-fi genre very much and I tend to see it when there's nothing to watch. 9/10
  • Not as good as it used to be but still awesome

This show isn't as good as before it was cancelled in 2003 but still kicks *** and I still find it quite funny.
  • nota 10

the best of its kind
  • Way Above Mediocre

Sadly, Futurama is enduring a second cancellation--this time, by Comedy Central. At least that network is giving it a proper farewell. The animation style of Matt Groening's other hit, The Simpsons, is prevalent, as are the storylines, though there is a shorter cast of memorable supporting characters than on The Simpsons. Futurama, along with The Jetsons, will endure the test of time as one of the greatest animation series, even when the show's reruns are viewed in 3000. Who knows what technology will be employed to watch TV during that far in the future...
  • The End

You know the world is lost when there are 100X more viewers of Familiy Guy than Futurama.