Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews (1010)

• One Of The Funniest Animated Shows Out There & Has An Emotional Side To It Too

Futurama should be more of a highlight for adults that are looking for a good, funny, & complex show to watch after a stressful day at work, and that means a lot. Futurama is about a young man named Fry who Time Travels 1000 years in the future by accident and meets a Professor he is related to named Farnsworth. Along with Farnsworth includes funny creations include: A cocky but hilarious robot named Bender, a woman with one eye named Leela, a sort of a lobster alien named Zoidberg, and an intern worker named Amy. The show has a good flow to it for every episode, the stories they tell move in a very well organized way, along with writing in some of the most clever jokes in any animated show. Practically all of the characters are wonderful and hilarious, even with the main character. At first, I thought Fry was just going to be like Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" in that the main character isn't supposed to be that interesting or funny compared to the other characters in a setting, but surprisingly Fry was very amusing to me. Bender is a jerky character done right, as he's not only hilarious with the characters he is associated with, but he gets cocky only when he has to be either for himself or for his best friends. The animation I honestly think is done better than in "The Simpsons" as all the characters look peculiar, but in a good way, and they are all not the same color or species they are all for the most part their own kind of things. Overall: Futurama is a terrific achievement in animation, as it has a strong sense of humor, great main characters, great side characters, and a very interesting premise. If you are I suppose over 13(or something), check out the show it really is wonderful.

4/4 Stars
  • ONE OF THE BEST ADULT CARTOONS EVER!

I love Futurama! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! One of the best! And anyone who calls it a Simpsons ripoff, I'm going to kill myself. BECAUSE FUTURAMA IS NOT A SIMPSONS RIPOFF! They both were made by the same creator.

I LOVE FUTURAMA!
  • The best show in the universe!!!!

If you would like a show where you could actually love the characters, the plots, and theme of the show, than Futurama is the show I would utterly recommend to you.

In my opinion, it is a show that will satisfy any person that is interested in a Family Guy like comedy (except that Futurama's comedy makes much more sense and is not random like Family Guy) and has an interest in drama and suspense.

Based on my experience, I REALLY love the story and plot of the whole series. I really enjoy the situation between the main characters and the missions they embark on. Personally, it makes me think that if I had the chance to live in that universe, I would want to live there in a heartbeat. This show has really changed my outlook on life.
  • Best show

Cool futuristic show
  • i have seen better concepts in pickel and peanut than this

this show sucks it is terrible and i have no idea why comedy central will bring this show back and not a creative show like brickleberry. brickleberry is pure genius bring back brickleberry and cancel this and south park now
  • Wow, this show had me by surprised

So to be honest with you people, I started to watch this show recently. Not because I didn't like it, but seeing how this was made by the same guy who made The Simpsons, I didn't expect much. Yeah, I'm not a Simpsons fan. I just find it unfunny and outdated, but that's me personally. So anyway, when I saw that Comedy Central was starting from episode one again, I felt this was my chance. Then I watched the next the the next day came, I watched it some more. Just WOW! Who would of thought an adult show could be this great without relying on shock humor. Taking place place in the future is interesting, the characters are lovable, it has such memorable and funny jokes, and it's just a lot of fun to watch. I know it might be early to give this show this high of a rating, but i don't think my opinion would change at all as of now.
  • Futurama

Really good
  • Matt Groening has the best TV shows on earth: "The Simpsons" and this show.

I love "Futurama". They have the best episodes, the best plot, and great characters.

I am gonna miss those characters from the show:

Philip J. Fry- a dim*witted, yet good*hearted delivery guy who traveled 1000 years in the future.

Turanga Leela- a smart and fearless mutant who's Fry's on-and-off love interest.

Bender Bending Rodriguez- a selfish, uncaring and antisocial robot who is Fry's best friend.

Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth- a very old scientist who's Fry's distant nephew.

Hermes Conrad- a Jamaican who's managing the business value.

Amy Wong- a bubbly co-worker who's very naive and clumsy.

Nibbler- Leela's pet who's responsible for Fry being frozen 1000 years.

Zapp Branigan- a womanizing space captain who has a strong interest in Leela.

Kiff Kroker- a shy cadet who is Amy's love interest.

Dr. Zoidberg- a hilarious, yet creepy crustacean doctor.

Cubert Farnsworth- Hubert's smart, yet arrogant son.

I really love the show, and sad that it got cancelled twice.
  • Clever writing

I love how intelligent this show is, even though some episodes can be boring and it's not really laugh out loud humor, their portrayal of the future and the satire in this show is phenomenal. It also has really sweet moments and sad episodes, like the clover one or "Jurassic Bark". The whole Fry and Leela relationship and how it builds throughout the series, I find really sweet.
  • On of the best TV Shows Ever!

The best show ever set in the future.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comedy Central will air the final 13 episodes in June!!!!! WHY DO GOOD CARTOONS END!

But theres [Adult Swim] (Won't be the same, but I don't want it to go).
  • Help Bring back Futurama!!!

I have made a signable petition (one of many existing on the internet) stating our (Futurama fans) desire for more Futurama episodes/seasons. The show has been cancelled by Comedy Central but there is still hope. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

750/555/971/please-give-us-more-futurama-season-8-9-20/

Many people say that they want Futurama to step out on a high note, but I say, the series was doing wonderful with no sign of weakening jokes or plot. The developers have even stated that they have plenty of more stories to tell if season 8 WERE to happen and that they are looking for another channel to bring the show back on. I have adored Futurama since episode one, and it has been one of my favorite shows EVER since then, I can't bear to see it or any of it's extremely awesome and lovable characters go just yet.

Help me and thousands of other fans bring Futurama back!!!
  • Bring back Futurama

who in his right mind would cancel Futurama and South Park is running it 18 season C'mon, Bring back Futurama it even better then Simpsons oh though Simpsons rules but that means it way better then Family Guys
  • death of someone I love. fururama

i will always miss futurama

if possible please bring it back, & the show need to continue until we get there (future)

my family, friends we love this show so mush, I don't even have words to say
  • Awesome show. Canceled before it's time.

It's one hell of on awesome and worthy animated show. I really hate it when Comedy Central decided to cancel an awesome show. It still have more potential and stories to tell. I think netflix should bring them back soon.
  • Just Perfect.

I have been a fan of this show for about 6 years now.

It's unbelievably amazing.

Perfect plot, excellent characters, great ideas.

Just perfect.

I watch it exclusively along with American Dad and Family Guy.

I have seen every single episode at least 10 times.
  • good show

you know futurama should just continue making movies. like maybe 3 more.
  • Best FOX toon

Uproariously funny before the reboot and still pretty hilarious after too. RIP Futurama
  • not as good but better

The new seasons show conspiracies and the funniest things yet.
  • Bad News.

I hate to say to everyone that didn't know this. But it sadly aired it's final episode on September 4th 2013. It has now left me with only 2 shows worth watching that are still on the air. Doctor Who and The Simpsons are it. After those two are cancelled, I'm done watching new episodes of ANYTHING.
  • Best show ever

Well one of the best shows ever! Really hope there will be more episodes :( or movies. I like it a lot more then the Simpsons.
  • Great show

It has had it's ups and downs...

Even so, it has always been a great program (surviving countless cancellations)

Though, one thing is clear....

This show is a cockroach... as many times you try to kill it... it keeps coming back with vengeance!

Here's hoping season 8 in 2015
  • Matt Groening's second masterpiece.

How this show is getting canceled, I'll never know. The Simpsons has been in a sharp decline in recent years, and ironically, it's former inferior counterpart Futurama has been in a sharp incline. Futurama is one of the show's that you'll search thousands of channels to just try to catch one airing of it, and then you'll want more.
  • Strong show with no respect.

Futurama is definitely Matt Groening's best project. The Simpsons went into a train wreck and only recovered a little, but Futurama is still holding up. I like this show a lot and it deserves better.
  • RIP futurama

It's sad to see one of best shows on tv to go. Futurama has always being a great show getting better by each season, if this is the final time at least go out strong.
  • Always look on the bright side.

Though the news about the cancellation is sad, I choose to look on the bright side. Most shows that run for more than 7 seasons gets uninventive and repetitive. Shows like Simpsons pr The Office should have stopped after 7 seasons. I can't think of any memorable episodes after season 7 and just look at the new episodes that gets aired today they're so boring I hardly care anymore. I'm afraid Futurama would suffer the same fate. The show will remain much more cult.
  • Read this if you hate comedy central for canceling a great show like this.

really comedy central really why would you cancel a show that people love cause i started to cry when i found out it would be canceled soon yeah but just why everyone loves this show so just give us at least 1 good reason you guys would cancel a great show like this! so just give everyone 1 good reason why you would cancel this show. my email is so just email me a good reason why you would cancel this show. anyone that is with me agree with this post and we will see just how many people don't want this show canceled.
  • This is what television was invented for.

Futurama is arguably one of the best shows mankind has to offer. Arguably, it came back stronger when it was revived instead of becoming a shambling corpse like Family Guy.
  • The best cartoon.

Creative writing, fantastic settings and characters really set Futurama far ahead of every other animation on television.
  • Easily One of the Best Adult Cartoons ever made.

In case you don't know Futurama is about Phillip J. Fry. A slacker, pizza deliver boy who's given a second chance at life when he's frozen and brought to the year 3000. He meets numerous strange people, like a cyclops humanoid Alien named Leela, a lovable drinking and smoking robot, Bender. His 'nephew' Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg (one of the funniest characters ever put into a show), and many more.

Now I must say being a fan of the Simpsons I decided to watch this getting a netflix. And I decided to watch this and some other shows. But by far Futurama is the best thing I've watch on netflix. The plots are story driven and always switch gears 1/3 through the episodes like the Simpsons. But they make tons of jokes, some pop-cultural, some just well-placed jokes. I guarantee most of them will make a normal person laugh. But the best part are the characters. I like every character on this show. Fry, Bender, Leela, Prof. Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, Hermes, Zapp Branigan, Kif, all provide great laughs. Except Amy, I don't know what it is but her 'pretty girl meets tomgirl' stereotype rubs me the wrong way. Every episode provides jokes and intresting stories. Whether it's screwball episodes like 'War is the H-Word" or "Amazonian Women in the Mood" or more drama filled ones like "Jurassic Bark" or "The Luck of Fryish". Every time I watch this show it always keeps me occupied for 22 minutes.

I recently heard that Futurama is getting canceled. Which kind of makes me sad, but at least it won't be run into the ground like The Simpsons, Spongebob, or SNL. Futurama's legacy will live on and it will remain a fan-favorite for years to come.