Futurama

Comedy Central (ended 2013)

QuackIV

Futurama Fan Reviews (1003)

• Easily One of the Best Adult Cartoons ever made.

In case you don't know Futurama is about Phillip J. Fry. A slacker, pizza deliver boy who's given a second chance at life when he's frozen and brought to the year 3000. He meets numerous strange people, like a cyclops humanoid Alien named Leela, a lovable drinking and smoking robot, Bender. His 'nephew' Professor Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg (one of the funniest characters ever put into a show), and many more.

Now I must say being a fan of the Simpsons I decided to watch this getting a netflix. And I decided to watch this and some other shows. But by far Futurama is the best thing I've watch on netflix. The plots are story driven and always switch gears 1/3 through the episodes like the Simpsons. But they make tons of jokes, some pop-cultural, some just well-placed jokes. I guarantee most of them will make a normal person laugh. But the best part are the characters. I like every character on this show. Fry, Bender, Leela, Prof. Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, Hermes, Zapp Branigan, Kif, all provide great laughs. Except Amy, I don't know what it is but her 'pretty girl meets tomgirl' stereotype rubs me the wrong way. Every episode provides jokes and intresting stories. Whether it's screwball episodes like 'War is the H-Word" or "Amazonian Women in the Mood" or more drama filled ones like "Jurassic Bark" or "The Luck of Fryish". Every time I watch this show it always keeps me occupied for 22 minutes.

I recently heard that Futurama is getting canceled. Which kind of makes me sad, but at least it won't be run into the ground like The Simpsons, Spongebob, or SNL. Futurama's legacy will live on and it will remain a fan-favorite for years to come.