Futurama

Space Pilot 3000

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 28, 1999 on Comedy Central

• An excellent start to an excellent show called "Futurama"

I thought that this was an excellent pilot episode of "Futurama". The whole entire episode was funny and had a very well written plot. This is story of Phillip J. Fry who happens to be a pizza delivery guy and gets dumped by his girlfriend. Phillip J. Fry hates his life and he brings the pizza to some guy named "I.C. Wiener". It's December 31, 1999 and everyone counts down and when it reaches to 2000, Fry falls in the frozen time machine where he was frozen for a thousand years. Fry is unfrozen after 1000 years and he experiences the future which is now December 31, 2999. I loved the premiere of this pilot episode... the writers did an excellent job with the story and the introduction of the characters. I loved the introduction to my favorite character named Bender who was very funny all the way. Leela's introduction was also very good. Fry asking Leela about her eye was very funny. Fry and Bender being held in prison and then Bender using his bending skills to break out was very good. Fry and Bender are through Fry's old town which is now a complete dump. Fry is sad because he would never see his parents, his friends, or anyone ever again since he was frozen for a thousand years. In the last 3 minutes of the episode, we see the introduction of Professor Farnsworth who happened to be Fry's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great etc. nephew and Farnsworth's part was very funny. It was also good that Farnsworth offered the job to Fry, Leela, and Bender to be his new Space crew. By the end of the episode, everyone was counting down and it is officially now the year 3000. Overall, an excellent pilot episode of "Futurama". 10/10