Futurama

6.8
  • It's ok I guess...

"That Darn Katz!"

Grade: C

Compared to last week's episode, this one was ok (after a few re-watches) in comparison to the ones shown before it this season. It's hard to explain, but this episode felt kind of below par, and the lolcat jokes could only hold the episode's humour for so long (though it did deliver a good poster joke, which made me lol pretty hard). Many of the other jokes on this episode were hit and miss, and that can-can cat one was probably the one that fell hardest on its face the most, since it wasn't a joke Futurama uses and felt very silly for hardcore fans such as myself. The first act was the best part, and even then it was only average. I might have noticed a huge plot hole, why didn't Nibbler just eat the cats to solve the problem? He wasn't brainwashed by them, and he had enough time to do it before getting captured, so why not? Nibber probably had the best moments in this episode though.

On the positive side, we do see Amy finally getting her degree, and having Nibbler as a focus is always a nice change. Plus, we see most of the crew revisit The Hip Joint, which was a nice touch. On the other hand, the plot was kind of boring after the first act though, as the cat villians were kind of lame in my opinion (It reminded me of that movie 'Cats & Dogs'). So overall, it's one of the weaker episodes of the show, but at least this one had a purpose and a reason. Overall, I'm going to give this one a 7.5 out of 10, meaning its average but passable.
CW