Futurama

The Cyber House Rules

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 01, 2001 on Comedy Central

• Such and endearing episode! Bender adopts 12 kids and Leela has an operation to look like she has two eyes and goes out with Adelai, an old classmate from the orphanarium when she was little, but turns out to be way too superficial

This was such a cute episode!!! I loved Bender at the end when he crumbled up the drawing that the kids gave him and when they walked away, he uncrumbled it and put it on the door of his “chest” and the kids want back and gave him a big hug! That was so adorable! And all the other scenes with Bender and the kids where so cute! When they where at the pub, in Benders apartment, at work, at Eldar’s restaurant… So endearing! All these scenes where definitely my favourites.

Adelai is so superficial, I don’t know how Leela even went out with him! When they where at the park, he didn’t ask the bouquet tree for a extra beautiful bouquet, he asked for a normal, and at the prison, he didn’t want to chose the little girl with an ear on her face because “she wasn’t normal”. What a jerk! Fry was the only one to see that Leela was beautiful and special with one eye.
  • Introduction of the Orphanarium

This episode is very entertaining, both Leela's and Bender's stories being both amusing and good plots. Adelai saying things are perfect when they are adequate or normal is funny and it shows that nearly all the guy s Leela goes out with are jerks (Zapp, the mayor's aide, etc.). Bender trying to get money off the kids by geting $100 per child is terrific especially when he is thrown in prison for child neglect, the end being hilarious ("I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU ALL!")
    Leela with two eyes just looks strange, but that's probaby because I'm used to the cyclops appearing in every episode. Overall, this was a very good plot.
  • This episode is sweet.

This is a classic. It is so funny.

Bender adopts 12 kids because he wants to get $1200 a week ($100 a week for each kid). He steals food for them and he names them all Bender junior. They go through a bunch funny stuff until Bender relizes that he is $100 a week but spending $110 a week on them. He decides to sell them.

Leela gets plastic surgery on her face so she has two eyes. Then she starts going out with the person that gave her the plastic surgery. His name is Adlia. A bunch of funny stuff happens with them too. Then Leela and Adlia decide that they want to adopt a kid. They decide to adopt a kid from Bender. Leela wants to adopt one that has three ears and a tail. Adlia makes fun of her and Leela relizes that she shouldn't change who she is. She changes her face back to one eye. Then Bender donates all of the kids to the place where Leela grew up.

I give this episode a 9.6 oput of 10.
  • One of the funniest futurama episodes.

When I first heard the storyline I thought the episode would suck but it was written better than I thought it would like Bendless love. Compared to The luck of the fryrish it was rubbish but so far its one of the best episodes of season 3 wich is the best season in my opinion. I thought that it got a bit boring towards the end but apart from that this is a classic futurama episode better than any simpsons episode. I have watched it about 50 times and never get tired of it. If you like the simpsons or futrama definly watch this episode.
  • Leela has surgery to make herself look normal.

Leela meets, Adelai an old classmate at a reunion. Leela is impressed by him as he is a successful plastic surgeon. When he offers to help her look normal, Leela accepts his offer believing that will fix all her problems.

Fry is against the idea believing that Leela is perfect the way she is and urges her not to go through with the surgery.
    Leela slowly comes to the conclusion that Fry was right and that she did not need the surgery after all and demands that Adelai to reverse the changes and make her look the way that she did before.
  • I found this rather disappointing.

I guess I just expected more from an episode where Leela got two eyes, and the fact that it was just done by plastic surgery was a bit of a let-down. Fry's indignation about the whole thing, loving Leela just the way she is, was nice, but there wasn't much else. Bender's adoption of all the children from the orphanarium was very funny, Bender should get more sub-plots and less main plots. The other stuff at Leela's orphanarium was pretty dull, especially the flashbacks (in Zoidberg's words: "Again with the orphanarium!"). Her whole relationship with Adelaide seemed pointless and unfunny. So he's normal, so what? That's not funny, it's boring. However, this did lead to one of my favourite scenes ever, with Fry explaining how no-one's normal. That really sums up one of the best elements of the show, and Amy's 'sploops' dropping the water was hilarious. Not much else in the ep though, should have been a lot better.
  • A very touching yet funny episode. Anyone who thought of adopting a child should watch this episode.

At an orphanarium reunion, Leela runs into an old classmate, Adelai, that is now a plastic surgeon, and he gives her an operation to give her the appearance of two eyes. Leela revels in her newfound ordinariness and starts dating Adelai. Meanwhile, when Bender finds out that orphans come with a government stipend, he adopts twelve of them. Despite himself, he's a good father, but when he realizes he's losing money on the deal, he decides to get rid of them. Leela and Adelai decide to adopt an orphan of their own, so they go to Bender to take one of his kids off his hands, but they have trouble deciding. Meanwhile, Bender is arrested for child endangerment. Leela finally decides she wants to adopt Bender's strangest looking child, a little girl with a third ear on her forehead. When Adelai says that he'll give the child an operation to make her look normal, Leela points out that the little girl doesn't need one, and then realizes that she didn't need one either. Leela demands her old appearance back and breaks up with the shallow doctor, while Bender donates his orphans to a new orphanarium and bids them a sad farewell.
  • great episode

• Yet another perfect episode!

This was another perfect and another classic episode of Futurama, centering around Leela getting a second eye, and falling in love, and loving being an ordinary woman instead of an abnormal cyclops. An interesting sub plot involves Bender becoming a father to very many entertaining foster children with amazing personalities (of course, Bender only adopted the children for money, and not because he loved the children, or anything like that).

At an orphanarium reunion, Leela runs into a former classmate. The former classmate, Adelai, helps her get a second eye so she can become normal. After that, the two begin dating and fall in love. Bender adopts a great amount of foster children because the government will give him money for each child. Leela and Adelai want to adopt one of Bender's children, but the couple argues when Adelai wants to fix their choice's third ear.