Futurama

The Farnsworth Parabox

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 08, 2003 on Comedy Central

• Yay! A proper comedy ep, and a fantastic one at that

Three romantic ones in a row would have really annoyed me. Anyway, this was the most enjoyable bit of television I've seen in a long time. An insane but satisfying and interesting plot, excellent jokes, great use of all the characters, and the kind of insane scientific explanation that Futurama excels at. The beginning was great, with Fry and Leela arguing about their relationship (as always) as the Professor screamed for the help of various deities, and this standard was kept up throughout. In fact, I really can't think of anything I didn't like here, and that's saying something for this season. I loved Leela-1 and Leela-A fighting, Fry's reaction to the fact that Leela had been lying to him, all the scenes with the two counterparts bonding (especially Zoidbergs and Amys), and the whole thing was just a lot of fun. Poor Zoidberg, even getting bossed around by himself. Hermes' long deliberation over whether to send his friends to a fiery death was just hilarious. The best scenes were the ones with the chase through the various universes, that was absolutely brilliant, especially the hippy versions of Amy and the Professor. I liked that Leela and Fry finally went out on a date at the end, without the whole episode being taken up by that plotline. The ending was pretty cool. I was laughing out loud for most of the time, even on second viewing, and the show hasn't been that good in a while.