Futurama

The Mutants Are Revolting

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 02, 2010 on Comedy Central

• Raise the Land Titanic, as well as the rest of the mutants! A Milestone for Futurama.

Okay, this is the second episode in this series, in which we have multiple references to James Cameron's Titanic... plus, it was amazing how they came up with a way to finally giving mutants their rights. Loved when Fry took a dive on the mutant toxic lake, just so he could feel what being a mutant is like, all be cause Leela yelled at him. Plus, for the 100th episode it had a great ending, with Bender giving a second super party, with the rest of the Planet Express's crew. Well... this was the 100th episode, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 200th episode, if it is ever made (which we can hope for...)
  • This is the 100th episode of futurama.

This is the 100th episode of futurama and it doesn't dissapoint. "The Mutants Are Revolting" was the 100th episode of Futurama. Reaching that landmark only took two networks, four straight-to-DVD movies and 11 years. Not exactly the standard route towards such an achievement. Perhaps that's why "The Mutants are Revolting" didn't have much of a landmark feel to it, but instead simply executed another solid episode of Futurama. This whole season is great other than "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela" and "Proposition Infinity". So what happenes is the police found out leela is a sewer mutant so she is banished to the sewer for the rest of her life. However planet express must live down there with her for a while because of helping a sewer mutant so then leela leads an army of underground mutants in a rebellion against the surface people.
  • great

Fry accidentally reveals to people that Leela is a mutant, so she is sent to live in the sewers. Her, and other mutants, are tired of their disrespect and they try to fight for their right to come up to the surface. Will they win?

It was alright. For a 100th episode milestone, it wasn't impressive, but for a regular episode, it was pretty good. It seemed weird for Fry to randomly reveal Leela being a mutant; he's known for a while now and there hasn't been any time when he mistakenly told, but now, for almost no reason (other than his stupidity), he reveals. Seemed weird. But it was nice for the mutants to get the respect they deserve. B+ or so seems right
  • 100 Deliveries (and episodes)!!!

So Planet Express is about to deliver their 100th delivery: a souffle with medicinal nitroglicerin from Elzar to Mrs. Astor in Waldorf Asteroid. Bender is given the task of holding the souffle as he is gyroscopically stable of sth like it. There, they have to get to the mansion, but the only path is a very rickety bridge, so Bender to get the strength, runs backwards through all the asteroid, and then goes forward crossing the bridge, backwards again, and then jumps. In the mansion, Mrs. Astor thanks the company and invites them to stay for a dinner to raise funds or a mutant university. That night, they show a movie, nd Leela asks Fry to please be careful and not tell anyone she is a mutant. First they show a movie about the Land Titanic,, the only land cruise ever, with sank after it hit a mailbox, which both Mr. and Mrs. Astor went in, but only Mrs. Astor survived. The movie heavily critizises the mutants and when Leela stands up for them, she ends up lieaving. Fry tells Mrs. Astor she will be fine Fry: "you know how mutants are".

And then the police sends her to the sewers. so Leela stays with er parents. Thjen at Planet Express, Bender is making plans for a great 100th party, Fry feels bad for Leela, and has a funny scene with Hermes: Fry: I feel bad for Leela

Hermes: You SHOLUD fell bad for Leela!

Fry: I feel like if it was my fault

Hermes: It WAS your fault!

Fry: I think we should do sth about it!

Hermes: We SHOULD do sth about it!

Fry: Shut up Hermes, I don't care what you say, we are doiing sth about it.

Hermes: You DO care about what I say!

So the gang goes to the mayor's office the try get her back, and Hermes accidentally says sth he wasn't reallt supposed too: Mayor: You could be punnished for havign a mutant living ileegally abouve surface

Hermes: We DID have a mutant living illegally above surface! Oh oh...

So they are all banished and they all fall on each other on the sewers, 'cept Zoidberg, who fell floating on an umbrella a la Mary Poppins and stated:

Zoidy: Three dollars at the drugstore

^He sure knows how to make a good deal.

Next to that Leela snaps and tells Fry he deosn't know how is to be a mutant and she won't forgive her. Bender meanwhile is having a great time at the party, which brings back lots of old characters, such as Lrrrr, Hedonismobot, Roberto, amogn others. So the gang sans Bender looking for a place to sleep find the rremains of ther Land Titanic. There the professor has a great moment

Farnsworth: (after finding a skull) We should respect the remains of this dead people (proceeds to try and open a safe by smashign the skull against it)

And they find a list of passengers and find something very interesting, a gemerald Mr Asotr bought for Mrs. Astor. And Fry makes a revealing comment:

Fry: You guys know I have a crush on Leela?

^Yes, we do. Farnworth even slaps his cheek with a sketon's arm

Bender suddenyl sees a picture of his friends toghether (and Zoidberg in the background, LOL) and decides to be with them and kicks everyone out of the party. So then FRy goes to the pond that turns humans in to mutants and jumps in, coming out as a diguisting weird slimy thingy I can't describe, he tells Leela he was right and both along with mutant DEvo, attempt to fight for mutant rights, by causing mayhem with the sewers, how? by bending together the main ducts, but who can bend those huge pipes together, Who??!?? Oh, yeah! Bender can.

So, in comes BEnder as bends the pipes so everythign that comes down goes back up, and New New York is covered in filth, wich is being dragged to Madison Cube Garden. So the mutants come from the sewers to fight for their rights, asnd FRy, ,leading them tries to convince Mrs. Astor, giving her the gemerald they found, she throws it away and stays firm. But then Leela and Munga brind an old lady who tells her a tale from the day the Land Titanic sank. The mutants worked on the machinery ,and when the ship was sinking, Mr. Astor stayed in the ship and left her and her daughter go on the emergency boats. Then the lady turns out to be Leela's granny.

Mrs. Astor starts to re-think and then when LEela kisses FRy, his mutant-y parts go away and it's revcelaed that when Fry jumped in the pond, he fell on Mr. Astor's mutantized body's mouth, and could leave FRy's body since then. The AStors are happily reunited and the mutants are given equal rights. Zoidberg: Hurray! A happy ending for the rich people!

Then at Planet Express, Leela shows her parents her workplace, where Morris asks if there has been a fire. Bender then asks for another party, and the song Bend It! plays and Bender & Amy, Fry & Leela, Hermes, Zoidberg, Morris & Munga and Farnworth & Granny Leela dance together.

I liked this one, it had a great share of humor and interesting story.
  • Really? THIS was the big 100th? Get ready for me complaining about this so if you like this episode, I wouldn't read it.

I love Futurama and I would have thought that by the end of Season 6, the foundation of bad new episodes would have passed. I was really excited about this 100th Special, it was like 'Holy Sh!t, I'm watching the 100th episode special'. Then what followed were 30 minutes of... disappointment. The episode felt too short, it didn't feel like the 100th Episode Special. It didn't even feel like they were celebrating it? I mean Bender has a Party that was like the only recognition that this was a celebration episode. The usual Fry and Leela relationship STILL not making sense. And the fact that Fry gets saved by the fact that he hopped into a mutants mouth didn't work for me, I mean if it had been a bit more logical I would have accepted it, but this excuse for his staying human felt too much like the writers were cheating and couldn't be bothered to turn him back human in a more Sci-Fi way. They did the Titanic bit AGAIN after they've already done that idea in the classic 'A Flight To Remember' episode so I think it was a bad idea to copy themselves. And the biggest problem I had with this episode was that it felt like the only reason they made this episode, was to get the Mutants on the surface and nothing else. It was boring to me, I mean this is the 100th episode that I've been waiting for for a long time, and that was it?!

I really wanted to love this episode but something about it just fell flat. I don't understand why some Futurama Fans think this is one of the best, I'm not judging, but it almost feels like some fans just loved this episode because they didn't wanna admit that it wasn't the 100th episode we'd all been waiting for. Again I could be wrong about other fan's opinions. I did think maybe it needed some time to grow on me, so I watched it again. Well it's 2 months later and this episode still sucks the big one. So there you go, Futurama's 100th Episode, I can do without.
  • Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, you have pulled it off again!

This episode was just awesome. Mainly since it was a real improvement to the broadcast season. The first 3 episodes were awful, the fourth one being decent, fifth one being awkward, sixth to eighth being excellent, ninth to tenth being okay, and the last two were the best I've seen in the season. Why? The writing and the plots. They've gotten all together.

As for the episode, it begins with the crew doing their hundredth delivery. Which is really weird, this should be their ten-thousandth really. Anyway, they deliver to an old lady who lost her husband in a land-ship, parodying the Titanic. As it turns out, Fry rats on Leela by mistake and everyone finds out she is a mutant and they send her to the sewers because mutants are not allowed on the surface. And then the crew gets sent down their for harboring a mutant for two weeks, and Fry feels really bad and decides to mutate himself. After doing that, he becomes really ugly and gross looking. All the mutants and crew go up to the surface to protest their rights for the surface, and as it turns out, the old lady's husband is really alive, he just mutated, and Fry was inside him, and Leela's mom's mother turned out to be the girl who was working in the ship and didn't die. Everything works out for everyone, and the crew go back to the main building having another party, finishing off the season. Great job Matt and David, can't wait to see what happens in the holiday episode!
  • Leela is exposed as a mutant and leads the mutant community to equal rights!

To me this episode feels like a rehash of several older ones. All of the mutants living in the sewers have been done several times before and as for the "Titanic" subplot, this was done better in season ones "A Flight to remember!"

The Episode starts of funny but starts concentrating more on rounding things up dramaticly in the second half. Fry becoming a mutant and how this ends up is probably the best part of the episode, but even this puts further questions into whatever the situation is with him and Leela. I mean, one episode they seem to be dating, and in the next they're not! Huh? And is it really only the crews 100th delivery? How does the Planet Express business make any money if this is the case?
  • Futurama seems to bust out with these dramatic scenes out of nowhere.

Although Futurama relies on the use of popular culture like other parody cartoons in its genre, such as The Simpsons and Family Guy, it seems to do its best to come out with original material. Lately this has been either hit or miss; this one barely made itself a hit. Although the episode didn't offer many truly gut busting laughs, it did have a lot of amusing moments and giggles here and there. Fry wondering the reason why Leela was deported thinking it's not his fault and Hermies being all obvious about it was a bit predictable, at least slightly amusing. The ending though, with how the husband sacrificed his chair for the mother and kid in the Land Titanic was a pretty emotional scene. Futurama seems to be good at those short dramatic ending scenes, like Fry and his dog.
  • A decent milestone episode for Futurama!

"The Mutants Are Revolting"

Grade: A-

So this episode of Futurama is an important one, in which we see a permanant series change to where the mutants from underground in the sewers are given unlimited access to the surface. From the looks of it, being the 100th episode of the series (including the movies, The Mutants Are Revolting was a good episode focusing mainly on the plot, but has some good gags too.

The episode focused on Leela being found out by the surface police that she was a mutant and being sent to the sewers. Fry and the others also get thrown down for keeping her up there while knowing about it. Fry decides to become a mutant to understand Leela better by jumping into the mutated waters, and everyone decides to strike against the surface people. In the end, the mutants win after a good plot twist reveals more about Leela. In a nutshell, the episode's plot was the strongest point about the episode, and I liked the start of it mentioning their 100th delivery, and it just goes to show that Futurama can still do it!