Futurama

The Mutants Are Revolting

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 02, 2010 on Comedy Central

• Really? THIS was the big 100th? Get ready for me complaining about this so if you like this episode, I wouldn't read it.

I love Futurama and I would have thought that by the end of Season 6, the foundation of bad new episodes would have passed. I was really excited about this 100th Special, it was like 'Holy Sh!t, I'm watching the 100th episode special'. Then what followed were 30 minutes of... disappointment. The episode felt too short, it didn't feel like the 100th Episode Special. It didn't even feel like they were celebrating it? I mean Bender has a Party that was like the only recognition that this was a celebration episode. The usual Fry and Leela relationship STILL not making sense. And the fact that Fry gets saved by the fact that he hopped into a mutants mouth didn't work for me, I mean if it had been a bit more logical I would have accepted it, but this excuse for his staying human felt too much like the writers were cheating and couldn't be bothered to turn him back human in a more Sci-Fi way. They did the Titanic bit AGAIN after they've already done that idea in the classic 'A Flight To Remember' episode so I think it was a bad idea to copy themselves. And the biggest problem I had with this episode was that it felt like the only reason they made this episode, was to get the Mutants on the surface and nothing else. It was boring to me, I mean this is the 100th episode that I've been waiting for for a long time, and that was it?!

I really wanted to love this episode but something about it just fell flat. I don't understand why some Futurama Fans think this is one of the best, I'm not judging, but it almost feels like some fans just loved this episode because they didn't wanna admit that it wasn't the 100th episode we'd all been waiting for. Again I could be wrong about other fan's opinions. I did think maybe it needed some time to grow on me, so I watched it again. Well it's 2 months later and this episode still sucks the big one. So there you go, Futurama's 100th Episode, I can do without.