Futurama

The Prisoner of Benda

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 19, 2010 on Comedy Central

• Surprisingly overrated

I'm not going to pretend that I understand the math part of this. Even to me that's clever but in all and all there were not that many funny moments to praise this thing. I guess people were so taken by the whole Theorem thing they forgot how weak the jokes were. I don't understand it and I probably never will on how people can overlook the most important thing in comedy. The jokes !
  • A very funny episode with a decent plot, and some rather disturbing but in-character outcomes...

"The Prisoner Of Benda"

Grade: A

As usual from our expectations, Ken Keeler delivers another fantastic episode of Futurama! The storyline of the episode was very interesting and funny, to have characters constantly switch with mixed parings such as Farnsworth and Zoidberg being Fry and Leela (delivering a rather disturbing scene) to Amy switching with Leela and making her fat as a result. The best scene by far is the one with Amy and Scruffy though, since it was in character for Scruffy and not expected, plus its kind of heartbreaking in a way too.

The plot's resolution was quick, but I'm actually impressed on how much content this episode fitted in within the 22 minute mark. Nevertheless, The Prisoner Of Benda had jokes which almost all worked for me (The only one that didn't work too well I thought was the Japanese translator guy, and the mentioning of Nicolas Cage), but other than that, this episode had a strong plot, similar to Three Hundred Big Boys and The Farnsworth Parabox, with plenty of laughs (Zoidberg being Fry, Amy being Leela, and Fry and Leela as a couple... in Farnsworth and Zoidberg's body), many memorable quotes, and is easily one of the best this season. I'm going to give this episode a strong 9/10 on first viewing!
  • this one is hilarious

The professor and Amy switch bodies, and soon all of Planet Express switches. But, there might not be a way to get their bodies and minds back. Will they figure out a way, or is Planet Express doomed to have each character be in a different body.

Pretty good. I liked Fry as Zoidberg and Leela as the Professor. The entire episode was pretty funny, probably one of the funniest episodes of the new season, second only to Late Philip J. Fry. This is one of the best episodes of the season, hopefully they make more hilarious episodes like this. No real complaints, and as such, this episode gets an A+ from me. Simply a hilarious episode
  • No Wash bucket, we can't ;)

This is without a doubt, my favourite episode of Season 6. It was endless comedy, smart and definitely Sci-Fi. The relationship between Fry and Leela was hilarious and the part with Scruffy and Wash bucket was hilarious too. Theindividualstory line for each character was great, this was kinda a 10 stories in one episode like 'Three Hundred Big Boys' but I enjoyed this one better than that one. It involved all Planet Express members and some new ones and even a couple of the Globe Trotters characters. My favourite scene was when Fry and Leela (as Zoidburg and the Professor) were testing each others shallowness and then started kissing and did it, was the funniest thing I've seen in Futurama for a long time and Scruffy has more than JUST a few lines, my favourite episode of Season 6: 10/10!
  • Wow, hilarious.

I'll be completely honest when I say that I don't think I've ever seen a body swap episode, or even movie for that matter, nearly as good as this. The execution was damn near perfect. It felt like it was faltering off a little towards the end like it was running out of time, but nonetheless everything before it was just fantastic. The different storylines, like Fry and Leela's little love relationship in Zoidberg's and Hubert's body, Hubert realizing just how valuable his old body is, amongst all the other hilarious situations that happened as a result of the brain swaps, like the washbucket falling in love with the janitor. That scene was particularly well done. And the serious but not so dramatic scenes were surprisingly effect. Excellent excellent episode!
  • Surprisingly good!

After the first 2 minutes, I thought it would be another episode focussing on only two characters (Amy and the professor). But it turned out to be be fucussing on just almost every one!

The overall episode was great and very well structured. Even though the laughs weren't big. This new season as been great at times and also deceiving at other moments. But this episode is definitely one of the best along with "Rebirth",Lethal Inspection" and "The late Philip J. Fry". I don't want to give away any of the episode so I'll just say this, the plot of the episode resembles the one in "The Farnsworth Parabox" even though its quite different.

So in the end, I think that wether you're a big Futurama fan or not, you're probably going to enjoy this episode since its very entertaining!
  • I SAID: BOW CHIKA BOW WOW!!!!

There were so much mind swaps in this ep I am not sure if I can recall them all, let's see...

The plots are: Fansworth and Amy build a mind sapping machine, after heaps of dead monkeys. Farnworth: Science can't move forward without heaps!

Then Leela thinks Fry only likes her because of her looks, and Bender wants to steal a crwn from the robt emperor of robo-hungary.

First Amy and Farnworth swap, and them Bender swpa with Farnworth, meaning Amy is in the prof's body, Bender in Amy's and Farnworth in Bender's. At the emperor's ship, Bender isn't believed to be a robot, and he proves it by moonwalking. He meets the emperor and as the emperor wishes to be a normal guy, Bender takes him to the Planet Express. Meanwhile Amy and Leela swap as Leela wants to see a movie with a discount. So now Leela is on the professor's body and Amy is in Leela's.

Professor: I'm afraid we will have to use...........math!

The Professor is trying to figure out a solution, but then deicdes to run away onto a circus. Meanwhile, Fry tries to porve Leela wrong, and swaps with Zoidberg. Then FRy and Leela go out ( in Zoidberg and Farnworth bodies) to Elzar's. Bender and the emperor return and then, Bender's in the emperor's body, the emperor is on a robotic wash bucket's and the wash bucket is on Amy's.

so, Bender is at the UN when the emperor's fiancee and cousin come to kill him and unmask him, , but then Farnworth sees it on the TVbot and launches himself to the UN via Big BErtha (a robot cannon) to save him. A japanses gets his arm cut, only to find out moments later via translator LOL. Then Fry and Leela have sex in Dr. and Prof bodies(DISTURBING DISTURBING!). Wash bucket proclaims his love to Scruffy but he says their love is forbidden and leaves her. Zoidberg tries to convince the emperor he is Fry and blows up the apartment

Zoidberg: The person who owns this body has a friend!

Then Hermes and amy swap as Leela's body was to fat, and they both get their bodsies thinner, and then when they all want to return to their bodies, with a little help of the Harlem Globetrotters, they all go back to their bodies (the writers inventes and proved a theorem just for this ep, and the theorem itself appeared for seconds!)

The epiosde was amazing, non-stop comedy. 10/10.
WGNAMER