Futurama

The Tip of the Zoidberg

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 18, 2011 on Comedy Central

• A shocking "Futurama" episode that reveals the dark secret of how Professor Farnsworth and Zoidberg met each other

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". This episode was just all-around terrific and amazing all the way. The whole entire plot had me hooked throughout the entire episode and I loved we got to see the dark secret of how Professor Farnsworth and Zoidberg met each other. The flashbacks of how Professor Farnsworth and Zoidberg met each other how they both became "friends" was very funny. Zoidberg risking to his life for Professor Farnsworth in the past when they were fighting a Yeti was very interesting and good. There were also some very funny scenes along the way. The syndromes that the gang was going through all because of Zoidberg missing up was very funny. Fry's syndromes made me laugh very hard such as the Simpsons syndrome, Garfield syndrome, Muppet syndrome, etc. Bender being in a diaper and wetting himself for everytime he laughs was very funny. Zoidberg also trying to kill Farnsworth by surprise because Professor Farnsworth told Zoigberg to do that was very funny. Zoidberg finding the cure to stop Professor Farnsworth's Yeti syndrome was very funny. I also thought the Futurama gang making that invention that kills Farnsworth was awesome. Zoidberg giving a free couple for a day at the spa (or something like that) to get the cure for Farnsworth is funny as well. Overall, definitely an excellent and shocking episode of "Futurama". 10/10

• Funny, wacky, and revealing

"The Tip Of The Zoidberg"

Grade: A*

Finally, an episode revealing the reason why Dr. Zoidberg has been with Planet Express despite being a terrible Doctor. I love how this episode flashbacks to how the Professor met Dr. Zoidberg, as it's kind of interesting to see how their friendship started and seeing a mature Dr. Zoidberg who was actually a good doctor, just not with Humans.

The episode had some funny moments too, such as Dr. Zoidberg trying to do medical procedures on the crew and messing up every time, to Zoidberg's failing attempts at killing Farnsworth, but the star of this episode was the Murdolator contraption that was made as a chain reaction of a death wheel to kill Farnsworth. It was awesome to watch it go round the path, whilst each crew does something to contribute to killing Farnsworth.

The revalation of Farnsworth being Yeti was a good twist, and I like how it was revealed that Mom and Dr. Zoidberg actually know each other pretty well, and things go a little crazy when Zoidberg tries to save Farnsworth as a result. The ending was a little touching, seeing Farnsworth call Zoidberg "John" and seeing them both do Zoidberg's Three Stooges at the end showed they were closer friends then we actually thought.

Overall, I loved this episode because it managed to have alot of things happening in it. Some new information about the past, some wacky/clever scenes, and a touching bond between the characters and their darker sides too. Some may think this episode is a little too "Cartoony", but if you look at what it actually is, "The Tip Of The Zoidberg" is an amazing episode, and one of the best in the series.