Futurama

The Why of Fry

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 06, 2003 on Comedy Central

• This episode shows the night that Fry was frozen on December 31, 1999

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". It had a very good plot and with a few good humor. This episode was also very interesting because it revealed to us what happened the night that Fry was frozen on December 31, 1999. Fry asked Leela if she wanted to go on a date with him but Leela told Fry that she is already going on a date with some guy named Chaz. Fry feels disheartened and worthless. Leela sees Fry and asks him if he can watch over her pet Nibbler and then Fry kinda agrees. Nibbler talks to Fry and shows him something which leads Fry on a mission to save the world. The brains blurb out to Fry about what they did to him on the night that he was frozen. Fry was looking back at December 31, 1999 which was the night that he was frozen and it turned out that Nibbler pushed Fry into the time freezing machine. Fry gets upset at the Nibblers because that was his life and it was all gone because he was frozen for 1000 years. Bender's part in the beginning of the episode was funny and that whole orphan thing was pretty funny but I thought Chaz was being mean because he didn't let the orphans rocket skate. Everything that happened in this episode was just genius and awesome all the way. Overall, an excellent episode of "Futurama" that definitely had me hooked. 10/10

CW