Futurama

Three Hundred Big Boys

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 15, 2003 on Comedy Central

• Money

There's not a lot to review, basically everyone gets money and the episode is about what everyone does with the money they get. I don't remember all of it, I do know Fry wanted to drink a certain amount of coffee, someone wanted to ride a whale, etc. It's a good episode, yes, I just do not remember everything that was said because of all the things people do. It's a good episode none the less though, definitely gets an A+ from me, though it's kind of weaker compared to other episodes that get this grade from me, I think
  • This episode is pure brilliance.

This episode made me laugh so hard like when Farnsworth was buying stem cells and he said is it true that stem like help fight off my wrinkles and the lady said well the sam chance an infant has in a fight with Muhammond Ali and when Mushu kept throwing up and the cops said it just keeps coming out and out. Also it was hillarious how Zoidberg couldn't settle for anything because he thought he was rich. It was very creative and smart to use so many unique storylines but my favorite was Zoidberg thinking he was rich. Overall this is highly recomended.
  • freakin hillarious episode

was first introduced to Futurama through my boyfriend, who has a wonderful obsession with it. He showed me this episode first before starting me through the full seasons. The first time a saw this episode I was utterly confused with what was going on. Of course the characters were new to me and I hadn't really seen any other episodes of it. My boyfriend's advice was just watch it. Well.. a few weeks later and a complete submersion into the world that is Futurama I finally come around to watching this episode again. Needless to say I was rolling on the floor laughing. I believe that it takes the character development of all the previous episodes to truly enjoy this episode. I think this episode is really the epitome of everyone's personality. For example... Kif spends all of his refund on Amy... and Amy spends all of her refund on herself... and when she looses the watch that kif gave her, it is Leela, that always gives everything of herself to everyone else that spends her $300 on the ability to get the watch back. Its also in the personal touch of when Fry blows out the flame on Leela's dress before rescuing her that shows you how much he cares. I believe it is the added touches and the painstaking time that was put in to all of the episodes before this one that make this one, in my opinion one of the best episodes.... that and the often used quote from Morbo of 'stop it, stop it, its fine... I WILL DESTROY YOU!'
  • why it took me seeing it twice to actually like it.

I was first introduced to Futurama through my boyfriend, who has a wonderful obsession with it. He showed me this episode first before starting me through the full seasons. The first time a saw this episode I was utterly confused with what was going on. Of course the characters were new to me and I hadn\'t really seen any other episodes of it. My boyfriend\'s advice was just watch it. Well.. a few weeks later and a complete submersion into the world that is Futurama I finally come around to watching this episode again. Needless to say I was rolling on the floor laughing. I believe that it takes the character development of all the previous episodes to truly enjoy this episode. I think this episode is really the epitome of everyone\'s personality. For example... Kif spends all of his refund on Amy... and Amy spends all of her refund on herself... and when she looses the watch that kif gave her, it is Leela, that always gives everything of herself to everyone else that spends her $300 on the ability to get the watch back. Its also in the personal touch of when Fry blows out the flame on Leela\'s dress before rescuing her that shows you how much he cares. I believe it is the added touches and the painstaking time that was put in to all of the episodes before this one that make this one, in my opinion one of the best episodes.... that and the often used quote from Morbo of \'stop it, stop it, its fine... I WILL DESTROY YOU!\'
  • Introduction of Whale Biologist

This episode is hilarious, with a lot of stories happening at once, my favouries being Zoidberg trying to spend his $300, thinking he was actually rich where Mom points out that he clearly isn't and Fry stupid idea to spend the money on 100 cups of coffee which apparently makes you super fast...a very good ending. I also like the bum declaring "no cheap crack houses for me" and heading for the crack mansion.
    Amy and Kif's story was funny too though not as good as Zoidberg or Fry's.
    Overall, this episode is very creative and is in the same format as 22 Short Films about Springfield (though the simpson characters don't get their much needed $300).
  • $300 richer!!!

After a successful campaign against a spider race, President Nixon's Head announces that everyone will receive $300 a portion of the spoils of war.

Bender speculating on one three hundred dollar hookerbot or three hundred one dollar hookerbots was a highlight moment of the show.

We see many short stories during the episode showing how each of the members of Planet Express spend their money.
    From Bender being obsessed with a $10,000 cigar resorting to a set of $300 burgar tools to obtain it, Fry buying 100 cups of coffee, Leela swimming with a whale, Hermes purchasing Bamboo Boogie boots, the Professor using stems cells to combat the ageing process and Zoidberg trying to appear one of high society. All culminating in the end with the destroying of the silken spiderian treasure.
  • What would you do with $300?

• Cleverly thought of with the counter of how many cups of coffee Fry has it.

I loved this episode; was full of hilarious quotes kept pace very well. I liked seeing so many storylines meshed in like that, such as Dwight and Hermes randomly popping up. Also The 100th cup of coffee scene was just amazing! It's now my favorite scene ever for sheer coolness.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This episode is funny, but weird. Everyone on Earth gets $300.

Zapp Branigan and Richard Nixon get billions of dollars so they decide to give everyone on Earth $300 as a tax rebate. Fry decides to buy 100 cups of coffee. Zoidberg thinks he's rich and can't decide what to buy. Amy gets a talking tatoo. Leela gets to swim with a whale for ten minutes. Bender gets a burgular kit and breaks into a store and steals a $10,000 cigar. Scruffy gets a new haircut. Scruffy gets super high stilts for Dwight. Kif gets Amy a watch and a hover bike for the day. They are flying over the whale that Leela gets to swim with and the watch falls into the whale's mouth. Leela has an idea. She makes the whale eat a bunch of rotten fish. Then the whale throws up and Amy gets the watch back. Then everyone gets invited to a party. Zoidberg's sad because he can't buy anything that rich people buy, like art and golf etc. He goes outside in an alley and buys some homeless people about 100 turkey dogs. Meanwhile, Fry is on his 99th cup of coffee. He's really hyper. Bender starts to smoke his cigar. By mistake he drops it and everything starts catching on fire. Fry is done his 99th cup, and now on his 100th cup. He is moving super fast and he saves everyone. They all have a huge turkey dog supper outside in the alley.

I give this episode a 9.4 out of 10.
  • $300 for each of our characters leading to amusing stories? You bet!

This was a awesom e episode, the idea of having around 10 or so stories was a great idea and turned out well. My favourite of these stories would have to be Bender with the grand Cigar, or Fry with him getting more and more crazy and "awake" after each cup of coffee leading him to becoming the hero of the episode, or maybe just Zoidberg having money, that was good. All the stories and jokes in this episode was well written and this is most deffinately in my top 20. If you haven't seen this episode pick up the fourth season DVD it's well worth it.

An extremely well episode-captaindillo.
  • Nothing special about this episode.

7.8
    With Futurama, they're all good ones. Having said that, this one is singularly unspectacular. There are some good lines and Fry's conclusion is pretty good, but that's about it. This is one of those rare episodes with no space travel, so that means very few 3-D effects. And that's too bad as I always love a visually ambitious episode. I believe Leela sums it up nicely when she refers to the episodes as a series "of mildly interesting stories." That's what this episode is—-a mildly interesting one. But hey, mildly interesting on Futurama is still better than 95% of everything else on TV.
  • Everyone gets a 300 dollar tax rebate from president Nixon.

Yes, what happens in this episode is that everyone comes into some money (even the usually penny-less Zoidberg) and they all come up with ways to spend their new found cash. That's it?! This could of been a more jokey, character driven episode than some of the more out there ones I suppose, but it's not. This is just awful!

Bender gets some laughs but that's it. Fry has some stupid side story where he attempts to drink 100 coffees, poor Zoidberg is more poorly treated than ever, the Professor goes young like he's already done a few episodes back, and Zap Branigan barely does anything. Plus, there's to much of the shows crap characters in this, Like Mom and Kiff.

The Main problem with this one though is that it's just NOT FUNNY and it's really trying too hard to be a hilarious break from flying through space for the characters. The Whole things pretty embarrassing really, and relys way to much on gross out humour. Probably the poorest episode of the entire series this!
WGNAMER