Futurama

Time Keeps on Slipping

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 06, 2001 on Comedy Central

• Professor Farnsworth creates mutant, superhuman basketball players to play against the Harlem Globetrotters but in the process ruins space-time. The crew need to figure out how to solve the problem as time keeps skipping forward.

This is one of the first episodes that really pushes the idea that Fry loves Leela. Other episodes have hinted at it but it takes on a major role from here on out in the series. There was one major issue I had with this episode. Bender and Fry both seemed to be out of character throughout the episode. Fry could be explained by him simply falling in love with Leela and trying to act less childish to win her over. With Bender, I was always expecting him to just give up on trying to become a Globetrotter and end up robbing Bubble Gum Tate. Both characters just seemed very different in this episode. Also, I thought that Bender's life long dream was to become a folk singer, which he realized in the previous episode.

In conclusion, Time Keeps On Slipping was still a good episode. Not as entertaining as most others but the development of the Fry - Leela "romance" can boost its grade up.

7/10