Futurama

Yo Leela Leela

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 21, 2011 on Comedy Central

7.2
  • Tom Kenny (who is the voice of "SpongeBob SquarePants") guest stars in this episode as the voice of Abner Doubledeal

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Futurama". Everything in this episode was very funny. Also, Tom Kenny (who is the voice of "SpongeBob SquarePants") guest stars in this episode as the voice of Abner Doubledeal and I thought that he did a terrific job guest starring in this episode and I'm happy that he did this episode. Leela making up a kids story to tell to the orphans was a great idea. It was also great that Abner Doubledeal (Tom Kenny) wanted to turn the kids story into a television show which makes Leela make some awards. I thought the references in this episode were good. The SpongeBob reference that Abner Doubledeal made was hilarious especially because Tom Kenny is the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants. I also loved the Dora The Explorer references which was "Dora The Destroyer". It turned out that Leela didn't make up that kids story, she ripped it off from a planet with these bouncy creatures or something like that... I really don't know how I can describe them. Bender finds out about it and he keeps his mouth shut for Leela. Leela feels guilty and decides to confess to everyone. It also turned out that the orphans aren't really orphans. They were adopted by Abner Doubledeal (Tom Kenny) who happens to be their father. Overall, this was an excellent episode of "Futurama" with a very funny and well made storyline. 10/10
  • good

What I liked: the idea for Leela's show being an actual planet based on real things, the Spongebob parody, Leela's story at the beginning of the episode, amongst other things.

Not a lot to this one. It's pretty much The Simpsons Episode "Angry Dad: The Movie", in that a lot of the jokes reign from parodying real-life shows/movies, and none of them seemed really clever. Leela was kind of annoying in this one, also. C+/B- or so is my final grade, probably my least favorite of the season so far.