G Gundam

Cartoon Network (ended 2002)

G Gundam Fan Reviews (24)

• Worst Gundam entry ever! Even worse then Seed.

G Gundam is perhaps the Black Sheep in the Gundam family. While others tackled political issues while dealing with the results of their actions as a result as in Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam 00. While others falterd due to lackluster and rehashed plots and little action (Gundam Seed) G Gundam manages to never move beyond being nothing more then an all out fighting mech show. It is light on plot and has some of the worst gundams ever seen in to this days. The story basically follows a young man who is out for revenge and wants to become make Japan the ruler of the colonies, he has to go through a ton of different nations to do so ending up with a fateful showdown with his brother in an attempt to restore order to the galaxy. In all it was just a stupid concept that should have never been made.
  • hey i remember this spoilers

there was the main character who was searching for his brother who had supposedly killed his parents and stole a mech capable of dystroying the world. raine who is his gundam mechanic and later pilots a gundam herself and of course serves as the love interest with the main character. then theres the british guy who uses a sword style and also has the little flower laser cannons. then there was the chinese kid who has thhe dragon gundam (its like a sterio type of the series lmao) and bas kinda annoying as most kids are. then there was the guys master who was insane and wanted to use the gundam to dystroy all humanity and let the world recreate itself. and there was a guy who looked like his brother but was acually just a random guy who was killed. apparently the nano machines in the world destroyer are able to bring people back to life but they slower take control of them over time. eventually turning them into mindless zombies. the ending was ok but it felt to much about friendship and love blah blah blah. still it was a decent series.
  • good anime not in a war for once!

mobile fighter gundam wing opens with a usual mysteryiousness like any anime has but then 1 or not even if i recall the main character domon kasshu his past is revealed in less than a second it was poor showmanship on the part of the people that created it there was also one other falut and that is my ultamite attack _____FINGER!!! it is a five minute chant that is in practiclly every episode i understand the fact of i need to yell to make myself stronger because my power level has to be over 9000!!! but there is a total overuse and even abuse of this word plus 10 out of 29 episodes revolve around pointless battles and how it makes you think he grew as a human but that is just smoke and mirrors but in the end it got to the point and became a anime i watch more than enough times
  • Gundams being treated as sport athletes, correct?

I remember I used to watch this show on Cartoon Network. It's a lot different from the other Gundam series, but I like it how you don't have to think too much about what's going on because there's enough suspense. As the show goes on, we have Domon's mentor, Master Asia who'd side along as the series's antagonist. Another thing is the upgrade Domon gets for his Shining Gundam. Then we have Schwartz Bruter who'd give out Domon some useful tips during his training in the mountains. This would eventually lead to his battle against the Undefeated of the East. Just a bit off the subject, but I would love it if they further expand upon the relationship between Domon Kasshu and Rain Ikimora. Not a biggie but still enough to classify a good, if not, great series.
  • This is an awesome Gundam series.

I really like this show. This show in my mind, is the only Gundam series that does not involve war, and conflict. This show is like a Soul Caliber tournament. Gundams from all over the world compete in a contest to see who will rule space. Domon Kasshu is the pilot of the Shining Gundam who represents Neo Japan. Domon has issues to settle with his older brother, Kyochi, who turned mad one day, and plotted to destroy the colonies with the Dark Gundam. Domon must win this contest in order to have a better chance searching for Kyochi. This show has some humor in it. The action is amazing. I like the Shining Finger attack that Domon uses. The battles are awesome! Even though this show was made back in 1994, the animation is still really good. This is definitely a must see Gundam show. Overall, cool show, awesome battles, solid dialog, cool characters, somewhat outdated, but nice animation. I would recommend this show to any Gundam fan, like me.
  • first series of the gundam.

gd plot and the graphic used to be one of the best. it recalls my child's time. as people kept watching gundam, they will realise the domon kasshu and his beautiful friend, rain mikamura, are on a quest to find a certain man and win the gundam fight for new japan but is there a dark secret lurking behind the tournament, watch and see This is a great show, i positively love it. It has a great compelling storyline filled with betrayal, love, violence and awesome fights. If you are a fan of bandai anime or just anime in general, i suggest you download or buy or whatever you can to view this show. i give it a 10 because i love this show, check it out.
  • best gundam of all......heero or hiro whatever that guy's name from gundam seed ain't got nothing on the erupting burning sekiha tenkyoken that is it........

No question that this was the most influential anime for new bound anime's of all time. It influenced the writers of naruto, inyuasha (sp), harry potter, and all the next gundam shows to come out.The fact is that this is also the most superb gundam around. Unlike most of the other gundam shows, it's romantic side actually has a story as well. Not to mention it's one of the few anime's around that acknwoledge america as having fighters as well. It may get redundant, such as the order of the plot but it was all layed out beautifully and the writers couldn't have done a better job.
  • kool

this is the best thing i watched when i was like 3 or 4 mybe older but i use to whatch it over and over again and again i had all the moives and stuff and dont mind the hand writting.............................the best it it it it it was very good mybe better than pll think but i dont kare what any one thinks but i like it very much to bad i lost it i would be watching it still even if its old i dont kare but its cool to me even if i am a nerd that doesnt ware glasses
  • this wonderful

This is a very interesting show. I started watching this show a while ago. It was so different from the other shows I have watched. The main characters are all from different parts of the world. But despite their different backgrounds they have come together and be friends inside the ring as well as outside. Each character has a different relationship with each other. Its pretty cool. There is some romance in this anime as well as the normal fighting. The story is pretty different, Domon spent 11 months looking for his long lost brother and when he finally finds him he defeats him and then he begins the tournament. Over all its a pretty good anime.
  • This is a very interesting show.

• domon kasshu and his beautiful friend, rain mikamura, are on a quest to find a certain man and win the gundam fight for new japan but is there a dark secret lurking behind the tournament, watch and see

• First look (to me) Stupid... Second look... Mind Blowing!!!

G Gundam rocks, I am buying them all. I do not care for the begining, but the show is awesome. I can not get enough of G Gundam. I want to watch it over and over. I wish there were more episodes. The fighting is so realistic, if we were giant human comuterized robotic structures. This show is one of the best anime I have ever seen. I will a G Gundam watcher forever and continue tobe an anime fan. I wish G Gundam was a long running show, but there are so many differet Gundam seires. G Gundam is the best!!!
  • All countries have left the world and now orbit in space, but every 4 years they send a Gundam and a pilot, to fight each other in a tournament to decide which country will be supreme for the next 4 years.

It is the year Future Century 60 and most of humanity has migrated to orbiting space colonies, leaving behind the polluted Earth. To prevent war, the colonies came up with the tournament known as the Gundam Fight. Every country builds a Gundam and sends it to Earth. These Gundams fight each other, using the entire planet as the ring, for eleven months until the finals begin in the country that won the last Gundam Fight. Whichever country is ultimately victorious will control the entire world for four years. This year, Neo Japan has sent Domon Kasshu with the Shining Gundam in hopes of winning the 13th Gundam Fight. However, Domon, and his assistant, Rain Mikamura, have more to worry about than winning the Gundam Fight. They have a concurrent mission, to confront and destroy the stolen Dark Gundam...
  • In the future people live in space and Earth is a battle ground to decide what colony will rule the others. Follow the life of Domon Kaushu, the representative from Japan, as he fights with his gundam and unveils his dark past.

This has to be one of my all time favorite animes. Unlike any of the other Gundam series, G Gundam truely stands on its own as a great show. The repetativeness of some scenes does get a bit annoying but there's so much more to love about it. With a lot of characters, locations and plots you never get bored. Romance, violence, mystery, G Gundam has it all. I really love this show. The series, only 50 episodes long, has a wonderful ending that really ties everything up in a perfect bow. I couldn't have ever been better than this.
  • This show, along with a few others, kept me excited to watch everyday.

This show, when it was played on the REAL TOONAMI, was one of my favorites. It has a very unique character and had that certain trait you didnt see everyday. It wasn't too popular, obviously, but it was a quality show. It had love, anguish, self persivearance and Power! This show, along with a few others, kept me excited to watch everyday.
  • Rise Gundam!

This show, while definately not the best Gundam show out there, is entertaining nonetheless. At some points it can be a little slow, but some of these episodes are truly great when there's a new technique being shown.

The talking parts can be funny without trying to be, and the characters do repeat the same thing over and over again every once in a while, but overall it's a great show. There are many stereotypes being shown in the show, but with the Gundams and their fighters, and it's interesting to see how these stereotypes are being interpreted. I give this show a B+/A-
  • The life in a pilot of Gundam G.

Gundam G is the best Gundam show their is! The other Gundam shows are, but this one is for sure the best. What could be better than giant robots battiling each other in nearly every single episode. One of the coolest things about the show is that they don't use buttons or controls they literally merge their bodies to the robot and control is by punching and other stuff. Another good part of the show is not like the other Gundam shows the Gundam machines are mostly controlled by actual human beigns, not usually computer generated. A must see for robot fans!
  • This show was awesome. I have no idea why on earth they took it off because I loved it!!! T_T

This show was the best anime ever created! It had conspieracy, romance, action, humor, and everything! I can't for the life of me figure out why on earth they took it off, but I miss it a lot! *pout* I loved Domone sooooooooooooo much! He was awesome! Si-Syshi (I know that I'm spelling this completely wrong--shame on me) was halarious, George was a dream boat, Chibody was great, Argo was...different, and Shwartz was the best! I really hope that sometime they'll start showing it again, but I doubt they will. I wish more people knew about it because this show was the greatest anime I have ever seen.
  • I get a funny feeling whenever I watch G Gundam on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception.

I get a funny feeling whenever I watch G Gundam on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception. When I picked this up during my visit to Blockbuster, I knew I was in for a treat as I have been so many times felt before. I was right! If you haven't gotten this yet, beg, steal, buy or do whatever you need to get it. You won't regret it.
  • My love, my anger and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!

Well, G Gundam is a pretty good show. It\'s an escape from the Universal Century Gundam that seemed to once rule Cartoon Network, and NO its not as good as those UC classics but it definately was a fun anime, and now that the Complete Collections are coming out there is more reason to re-visit the show. Just like all gundam, theres great music too (Flying in the Sky)
  • Best Gundam series ever!

I believe this show wasn't recognized very well and Gundam fans should definitely see it. It is different from the other Gundam shows and has better fighting, music, and plot. If only it continued, it would have been more better and maybe it could be recognized as one of the best anime shows.
  • It's a nice series diferent from other Gundam series but I think it's good because it's diferent.

A good series in my opinion.It was diferent from some of the Gundam series I have seen.It was about a bunch of Gundams and their pilots represent their country.The winner of the tournament will be the Gundam of Gundams and their country will become the leaders of the world.The story is good about the main character trying to destroy an evil Gundam.
  • This is a great show,I highly recommend this to everyone and read entire review for more details.

G Gundam is a great show.It takes the gundam saga in to a different world by not just having all those military missions. I also like it because more martial arts was incorperated into the show and with their new cockpit the gundams\' movements are identical to its pilots movements.Responding to a previouse review it is not gundam goes WWE, it is just more of a fighting tournament where each gundam fighter uses its own fighting techniques such Domon uses Martial Arts,Jibady(I know this is an incorrect spelling)uses boxing,and George de Sand use duelling/jolsting.I really recommend this show and if you are a gundam fan you will see similarities between Characters and even the appearence of the main gundams.
  • WWE Style Gundam Action

4.2
    Not a good exaple to the Gundam Saga.

The idea is the Nastions of the world go into space on floating islands in space and each 5 years they have a contest on the ruined earth to decide who will rule as the top world (or space) power for the next 5 years.

This is just stuiped even for the most out there Anime show?