Galaxy High School Forums

CBS (ended 1987)

Finally on DVD

suplex2000

[1]Mar 5, 2006
    • level: 11

Well everyone, Volume 1 of Galaxy High School is coming to DVD on June 27th 2006. I had no idea that there were only 13 episodes in total of this show, but the first Volume is supposed to have the first 7 of 13 episodes on it. I always loved this show from the 80's and wish it had lasted a little longer, but anyway now we can all get it.

*UPDATE* Now there is news that on July 25th, 2006 Volume 2 will be out with the other episodes (8 - 13), so fans of this short-lived, but well loved cartoon will be able to get the whole set. Amazon.com is taking pre-orders where each Volume will be $6.99. Or at DeepDiscount.com , each Volume is $6.01 with FREE S&H.

Edited on 05/14/2008 12:04pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaveGenoa

[2]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    Cool, Thanks!

suplex2000

[3]Aug 6, 2006
    Well, all I have to say is that I am a little disappointed with Galaxy High School Vol: 1 & 2 on DVD.

Not because of the Video transfer or anything about the actual DVD's themselves, but mainly because of the show. You have to understand that the fondest memory that I have from my childhood growing up was the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" that would air from around 7:00am or 8:00am to Noon every Saturday morning. I even liked live action shows like Shazam, Land of the Lost, The Patchwork Family and other shows that fit into the "Saturday Morning" genre, I liked it all so much that I probably looked forward to Saturdays more because of the cartoons on in the morning, than the fact that it was a day off from school.

Well, when I heard that Galaxy High School was going to be released on DVD, I started feeling like that little kid sitting in front of his TV on Saturday Mornings again. Then, since now owning the DVD's and watching them...I can't figure out what it was that I liked so much about this show.

The one piece of good news though is that it hasn't ruined my desire to collect DVD's from Saturday Morning cartoons at all, and I am still looking forward to the following sets, which according to TVShowsOnDVD.com are soon to be released or have been released:

Hong Kong Phooey
    Star Trek the Animated Series
    Flash Gordon the Animated Series
    Blackstar
    The Space Sentinels and the Freedom Force
    Dungeons & Dragons (cartoon)
    He-Man, Season: 2, Volume: 2
    The Groovie Goolies
    The Tick (Animated)
    Return to the Planet of the Apes (animated)

And there's many more too. I think now that cartoons from the 70's - 90's are gaining more popularity, more and more will be released.

Just to finish off here, I am not sorry that I bought Galaxy High School, I just remembered it being better for some reason.
    Edited on 05/14/2008 12:05pm

TasForMayor

[4]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 21
    When was the first time you saw Galaxy High . . ?

Drakken_Shego

[5]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 15
    I remember seeing a couple of episodes at a friend's house when I was like 5. They had some recorded and put the tape on to keep me occupied, lol. I don't remember much, but I know I've definitly seen this show!

suplex2000

[6]Aug 17, 2007
    TasForMayor wrote:
    When was the first time you saw Galaxy High . . ?

The first time I saw it was when it originally aired. That was 1986 when I was 16 years old.

Smudge1985

[7]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    suplex2000 wrote:
    The Groovie Goolies

Legendary! My cousin had that on video back in the day, we used to watch it all the time! Shame you're not a region 2 boy by the sounds of things, Dungeons and Dragons has been out here for a couple of years, Ive got the full set (and its one that certainly hasnt deteriorated with age, its got better)

My copy of this just came today, I dont remember much about it at all. But it was cheap, and I might as well rediscover my childhood a bit. If volume 1 is any good, Ill get my hands on 2. All I remember is the theme song and that I liked it and most people I know have never heard of it! Will be watching it tonight.

GavinGibbons

[8]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 29
    I'd total forgot about this show... am looking for the dvd now!