Game of Thrones

A Golden Crown

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 22, 2011 on HBO

• A little more action please.

5.5
    I really like the potential of game of Thrones. In the past six episodes it has created a stage for very interesting stories and events. But...

After six episodes, we should have seen more a lot more. It is stille setting the stage and I fear nothing is going to happen. Last weeks episode is an example of what is becomming a drag: there are about three action scenes, never lasting longer than about three minutes. And the rest of the 50 minutes is spend discussing the implecations of the actions and the implication of possible actions that do or do not take place (You can't do X; It would mean war between the seven kingdoms (hear that multiple times).

And what I find very discouraging is the absence of the supernatural. Especially the first two episodes hinted at some strange phenomena regarding the kingdom, trolls, dragons, the ice wall, etc. But since then, all of the stories focus only on politics and a little blood. Did the budget go to the extensive wardrobe and they can't afford a decent dragon?

It's a pity.

But I like the dwarf. Although the current storyline of him being held prison wasn't that strong. Nice to see that it ended.

So I will remain watching the series with much anticipation. But they really should get on with it.