A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

MUST BE THE SEASON OF THE LISTS

... I know you are bombarded with year-end best-of lists (ours are coming soon, don't worry) but The American Film Institute released its 10 best television shows of the year and since they're a super respected organization with incredibly refined tastes, it's worth a mention here. Even though I'm like "ehhhh, really?" Here we go, in alphabetical order (AFI doesn't rank 'em): The Americans, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, House of Cards, Mad Men, Masters of Sex, Orange is the New Black, Scandal, and Veep. I agree with exactly four of those. What about you? [AFI]

BUSINESS TIME

... CBS has ordered the four-hour miniseries The Dovekeepers from The Bible thumpers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. Based on the book by Alice Hoffman, The Dovekeepers follows four women who were on hand 2,000 years ago at the siege of Masada when Roman armies pressed against 900 Jews in what would become modern-day Israel. This will totally bring in the younger viewers. [CBS via press release]

... A&E is launching a new series called Don't Trust Andrew Mayne, featuring untrustworthy magician and revenge expert Andrew Mayne as he helps people get even through illusions and trickery. Straight from the press release: He'll put someone's precious iPhone "in a pickle," he'll "melt away" a foe's treasured car, he'll even "have sex" with someone's girlfriend to even the score for someone else and then sleep with the other guy's girlfriend, too. Okay maybe that last one isn't really magical in any way. But you know the deal: NEVER trust a magician, especially Andrew Wayne. It's right there in the title. Don't Trust Andrew Mayne premieres Monday, January 13 at 10pm on A&E. [A&E via press release]

... CBS will air The 36th Annual Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday, December 29 from 9-11pm. The Kennedy Center Honors recognize accomplishments in the arts, and this year we will all gather around our televisions to praise the lifetime accomplishments of Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, and Martina Arroyo. [CBS via press release]

... Adult Swim has renewed avant-garde freakout variety show from space The Eric Andre Show for a third season because Adult Swim loves that kind of shit. I do too, and so should you. The Season 2 finale airs this Thursday. The Eric Andre Show still has the best opening sequence on television. [Adult Swim via press release]

... TLC has slapped a premiere date on its previously announced series Escaping the Prophet. The six-episode series about an activist attempting to help others flee from and take down The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS) will debut on January 7 at 10pm. There will be arranged marriaging, polygamizing, and excommunicating! More fun times from the channel that brought you that guy with the huge balls. [TLC via press release]

... And the Guinness Book of World Records record holder for most stand-up specials by a comedian is... Kathy Griffin? [Marching band members looks at each other quizzically, confetti dropper pauses, Mr. Guinness adjusts his glasses and rechecks his book.] Yep, Kathy Griffin. And you can see that record-setting special December 18 at 8pm on Bravo when the network airs Kathy Griffin: Record Breaker. It will be Griffin's 20th televised comedy special. [Bravo via press release]

... Your sacrifices of four albino squirrels and two three-legged frogs to the goat god have been answered. Fox has cut the Season 1 episode order of Dads from WAY TOO MANY (22) to STILL WAY TOO MANY (19). Fox has not said the show is canceled. But I'm saying it is. [EW]

... Have you had a chance to play The Walking Dead video game from Telltale Games? Well it's really, really good, and it has all the hallmarks of the series like zombies and zombies and sometimes zombies, except it adds something called "character development." Well, the next TV-show-related project for Telltale Games is going to be a good one. The video-game developer is working on a Game of Thrones game, and I'm just guessing here, but I assume it will be the same type of exploratory story-based game that The Walking Dead was. This is radical news. Take my money, Telltale! [Zap2It]

... The long-running abomination known as the Friday Night Lights movie is no more. Peter Berg, who directed the movie and produced the television show, confirmed that plans for a feature version of the television show have been scrapped. "Some people thought it was a good idea and some didn't," Berg told Collider. The people who thought it was a good idea were studio idiots, the people who didn't were true fans of the series who realize that it ended perfectly. Seriously though Coach Taylor was alsos saying NO, and his word is final. [Collider]

... ESPN has asked its on-air personnel to stop saying, "sucks." Great, now no one on that channel will know how to talk about the Houston Texans. [Deadspin]

CASTING ROUNDUP

... Sarah Palin, the Bear-strangling defender of American rights and former vice presidential candidate, is getting a new show! On the Sportsman Channel! The cable channel will debut Amazing America with Sarah Palin in 2014. The docuseries will follow the "people, places, and pastimes connected to America's outdoors lifestyle." [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/15/2014

Season 4 : Episode 10

83 Comments
Follow this Show
Members