We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO (Returning April 24, 2016)

EW.com
Here at EW, we have a new weekly series in which we — and readers — weigh in on ways to rehab much-maligned characters on...

Personally, i see nothing wrong with the character....but its something to pass the time i guess

Comments (8)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
However cultivated, elegant and sophisticated as the Princess may be, Daenerys makes the same mistakes as any other teenage girl. I see the same flaws in her as I did in other strong female characters; she's a stubborn as Buffy, as impulsive as Max Guevera, as obssessive as Veronica Mars and shares the same inclination for bad boys (Daario and Khal Drogo) the others girls had for vampires, bikers or criminals.

Sometimes it feels like this contradiction its what makes the character so interesting to begin with: she's just a normal girl with an incredible job.
Flag
The only problem I have with the character is how she is painted as the ultimate goodygood character. I love that Game of Thrones has a lot of strong characters but Dany is just... Too... Good.

More accurately... I love flawed strong characters and Dany just doesn't seem to have flaws big enough.
Flag
I see Game of Thrones's Daenerys as the new Buffy, Max Guevara or Veronica Mars; the kind of strong female character we haven't seen in a decade. Plot twist is: she's a Princess.

I see nothing wrong with that, in fact, I wish more TV Princess would be like her or Margaery. A tiara is no excuse not to be resourceful or intelligent.
Flag
I see nothing wrong with her either. unless 'too much awesomeness coming to her storyline naturally' can be considered a problem. the for her -in my eyes- last season was the whole free'd slaves lifting her up and all that jazz felt kinda uncool. but had I realized at the time it was the freaking season finale (too soon as always) I might have been less judgmental of it. or maybe I would have been more judgmental because it was a lot of nothing taking up very limited precious screen time. but that's just me.
Flag
the only low point for her last season*
Flag
If I were to pick a low point for her would be Daario.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is hot! But don't see it as a reason solid enough for her to trust him, I don't see her beauty as reason solid enough for him to trust her either.

As romantic as the situation may be, its hardly strategic.
Flag
yeah I'm not personally big on the relationship, mostly because anyone with daeny is reason for jealousy, but I did think it all felt epic the way they were digging on each other and that it was enough for him to betray his cohorts and even risk life and limb for her.
Flag
I'm intrigued by the conflict between what they really want as a girl and a young man vs their duties as Queen and Lieutenant.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members