A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

There are few men in Westeros quite like Lord Bolton, the ever polite father of Ramsay. So much so, the audience could've figured out just how cold he truly was by knowing what his bastard was like.

The father is ruthless in his own way; Brienne proved to be the Theon for his Ramsay ,once Bolton dresses and eats with her only to give her to fed his minions's bear, no better luck had her liege Lady Catelyn, for Bolton once again dines and charms her only to slay her first born right in front of her.

Lord Bolton isn't going to mutilate or torture the Ladies under his protection. He hurts them with a sensitivity you rarely see in his gender, for Bolton knows how to mutilate Brienne's dignity and torture Catelyn's heart without leaving a visible mark for any male character to see. Leaving the female audience amazed and shocked just by how horrible what he has done has been.

Ramsay, on the other hand, is brutal in a very masculine way no sensitivity whatsoever. Torture is his weapon, mutilation his method. He demands your full attention, no matter how brutal, vicious or depraved the scene could be. Ramsay is vile and he owns it, he's the worst punishment for the worst crime and then some. Living with him is hell, and Theon is living in the middle of it.

Its hard to say which one is scarier, they are both sneaky and meticulous in their own way and neither one seems to have the slightest empathy or share the basic human emotions. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, I can't imagine what it would be like if they ever get together.

poll
Comments (40)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Imho Bolton is a lot like Tyvin Lannister: he's a cold, callous person, actually pretty smart and very ambitious. He does everything that's necessary to gain power - and he has absolutely no qualms or conscience about what he has to do.

Ramsay is a sick psycho who has fun torturing and killing people.
The books have given (so far) more insight what a disgusting human being this guy is, and believe me: he's the worst in Westeros - much worse than Joffrey or even Gregor Clegane!
Flag
Ramsay is a psychopath, he is twisted in ways that are even shocking in the already pretty messed up world of Westeros, he is probably the single character in the whole show who is truly evil (including Joffrey who whilst despicable is motivated by fear and warped by a moronic socio-path of a mother), Ramsay is motivated by his own dark wishes and seemingly not much else.

Roose on the other hand is cunning and ruthless for certain but I do not class him as anything like his natural son. In fact they are barely alike. Roose plays the game of thrones, along with Varys, Littlefinger and Tywin he is amongst the best the show has shown so far. Whilst the red wedding was devastating as we are all Stark fans but from the point of view of House Bolton the thing was a no-brainer.
They avoided a war they may not have won, claimed wardenship over the North, killed the main heir to Winterfell and for good measure Winterfell is burned to the ground. Really could the outcome of the war ended any better for Roose?
So he can be despised but he should also be respected, similarly to Tywin. Walder Frey is a bitter old betrayer (seriously the Freys are the worst), Roose is someone who knows how to win. And for me that makes him an entertaining character, and along with Littlefinger joins my list of controversial favourite characters in the show.

Who is the more Ruthless? That is hard, I can't imagine either hesitating with any decision, no matter how vile the consequences, if it brought themselves progression in some way or in Ramsay's case pleasure from it.

I want to let the show reveal their characters itself but I will say that they aren't your archetypal father and son.
More+
Flag
ramsay definelty he enjoys in a sick way also he trying show favour to his dad
Flag
I'd say they are both sociopaths. Lord Bolton's smile seems like a mask he uses to pretend he's human, but Ramsay genuinely seems to light up only when he's torturing someone.

Bolton doesn't seem to enjoy the mayhem, he doesn't seem to enjoy anything to be honest. Ramsay, on the other hand, seems to be having the time of his life with Theon.

In a weird way Theon makes Ramsay happy in a way neither Robb, nor Catelyn, nor Brienne made Bolton so I agree with you Ramsay is the one that enjoys it the most.
Flag
Bolton was a bit peeved that Rob Stark didn't do the torturing to the lannister army and I by that time Bolton realised that Rob was too soft. After the massacre thats why u see Stark army tortured in the extreme way, Bolton was making a point. But Ramsay does win it for me as he devious and cunning as well but has nothing to lose.
Flag
Part of me feels like Bolton saw Robb like Ramsay sees Theon (a reluctant parter), only it didn't work.

Hence the reason he agreed to kill him.
Flag
Ramsay. A little scarring and death is better than Ramsay's kind of torture.
Flag
It's Ramsey - hands down! Bolton Father, I find oddly alluring. Can't wait to see how they interact together on screen.
Flag
For some reason, I can't really hate Bolton. Maybe its his good manners, maybe hs polite ways, but even though he's the worst thing that ever happened to women like Catelyn, Brienne or Talisa I can't find it in myself to despise Bolton the way I despise his son.
Flag
I really like your distinction. Not a fundamental but certainly a precise and important one. I don't say the two Boltons will go together but IF they ever will it's gonna be at first bad for everyone else but at some point there could be a potential that they will fight each other. Cold and psychotic they both are and with some pressure they will behave like snakes. But at this point I don't see any pressure, the Bolton's finally had their way with the Starks and King's Landing(=Tywin) is kissing the traitor's arses. They just had to wait for 5000 years. lol@the North

Flag
I'm sorry for Theon but Damn Red Wedding!
Flag
Bolton and Frey did more damage than Daenerys dragons in that episode.
Flag
Ramsay - anyone who rips off someones penis is feared by all men
Flag
I never liked that scene. Ripping off penusses and/or balls is something I never find believable. I love exaggerated violence and mutilations like the next man but it wasn't alright. If it's Ellen Paige doing the dirty work I totally believe it - but a man to the other? You must have a flayed, naked man on your arms to pull that shit off.
Flag
Proves Ramsay is just as sick as Ellen Paige
Flag
By that logic any murderer wouldn't be alive because how can they be so cruel to take someone's life when they have the odacity to continue to live themselves?

More like you need to have a deeply damaged psyché but honestly, how can anyone be surprised in this day and age when we know it all comes down to the mental wiring of our brains.
Flag
I think in this day and age it all comes down to self-proclaimed psychologists unable to understand a single thought including their own.
Flag
Are you implying that no male (penis still intact) has ever ripped off another man's penis?
Flag
Then again, Ramsay is just doing exactly what people in his day and age expected of bastards: they are supposed to be brutal, unworthy and the opposite of noble because of their origins.

Peopel like Jon or Gendry weren't expected from bastard origins, people like Ramsay were.
Flag
Then again, any character who knows exactly how to rip off a woman's heart without leaving a mark or manipulate her feelings its the character I would fear the most.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
You must not have a penis.
;)
Flag
LOL you must not have a Son or daughter.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members