A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
poll
Poll: What Family do YOU belong to? (read the article before voting)

#Arryns of the Vale

You love heights, both literally and metaphorically. You love climbing tall mountains or fly with airplanes. But you also love to be on the top at whatever you do, work or sports. Speaking of sports if you would create a sports team, you would have named it “The Eagles”. You are an Arryn and you live on the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

#Baratheons

Have you been in the army? Do you like serving your country? Do you come from a family with a military tradition? Do you like war movies? If you answered yes then you are a Baratheon. These guys live for war. They measure force by the number of troops someone have. If you are reading this from an army base then stand up and scream “MINE IS THE FURY!!!” (And then write in the comments what happened after)

#Greyjoys

Do you love the sea? Have you ever dreamt about being a pirate and sail to uncharted waters? Are you reading this from a beach on your tablet while you are listening to the sound of waves? Then you are a Greyjoy. (Stop reading this and go swim, seriously)

#Lannisters

You know that money makes the world go around. And family of course, but the important thing for a family is to be rich! So you can have all the luxury this world can provide (and some more). Rich and famous will be the ideal combination for you. Why? Because you deserve it! But also you love your children very much; it is your one redeeming quality, that and your cheekbones. If you think that way then yes, you are a Lannister my dear lion and don’t worry, we can hear you roar.

#Starks

In winter you look at the window and you wish that it will snow. You watch every movie that has Vikings and you knew who Odin was before the movie Thor came out. You want to have a wolf as pet but because you can’t you have a husky dog instead. You are a Stark and you are proud that you are a good person. That’s how your family raised you after all! And if one day you find yourself in deadly danger, you say a phrase that gives you great power “Not Today!”

#Targaryens

If you could you would live in a different time of era. An era of swords, knights, kings and dragons! You love “sword and sorcery” movies, fantasy books and you have a dragon desktop background on your computer. If you are a woman you want to be Khaleesi and if you are a man you want to date Khaleesi. You have asked your parents at least one time about your genealogy tree to see if you have some powerful ancestors (and claims to a European Throne). You are a Targaryen and sometimes you say “Dracarys” with a serious expression just to see how your voice sounds when you say it.

#Tullies

It’s all about family values. If you have very good relationships with all your relatives, from grandpas to nephews and you all gather up to spend holidays together then you are a Tully. If you always listen to your mother and behave rightly because it is your duty then you are a Tully. If you protect your sons and daughters with no fear for your own life then you are a Tully. You got the picture… fish.

#Tyrells

You like money and power but you are not obsessed with them. It is just that you want to belong to aristocracy. To have servants to pour you wine while listening to classical music or to collect expensive works of art. You are not yet very powerful in society but one day you will be. You feel it. You plan it. You fight for it. There will be a day that you or your children or your grandchildren will be powerful and respected. You are growing strong my friend, because you are a Tyrell. So be patient, you will get there...

Feel free to write in comments why do you think you belong in the Family you chose!

(this article was made for entertainment purposes only)

103 Comments
Comments (103)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Staff
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I have made a Teen Wolf poll/article, don't know if you are watching it:

http://www.tv.com/shows/teen-wolf-2011/community/post/time-to-choose-your-pack-1373634371/

and another article about Teen Wolf:

http://www.tv.com/shows/teen-wolf-2011/community/post/teen-wolf-community-post-five-things-the-show-could-do-to-improve-1373456371/

Flag
Flag
Nicely done.
Flag
Flag
I tend to cast my vote and hardly check on the results of these things.
Flag
well people don't like to admit their greedy, slimy side.
Flag
And also the Tyrells gathered (so far) 94 votes. That's even higher than Lannisters. They do grow strong! :D
Flag
Flag
I can say two: 'Valar' and 'Morghulis'.
Flag
Flag
But then there's the Starks b/c I actually am related to a legit viking.
Flag
As opposed to those infamous fake vikings.
Flag
Oh them. They are super mean don't talk to them you will end up locked in a cellar with a very angry leprechaun & his pet squirrel trust me. PS Don't trust me that would be a huge mistake. =D =D
Flag
Flag
That's pretty cool.
Flag
btw, love your username. Great movie.
Flag
Thx. I don't know if you watch TVD, but someone made a comment that said, 'My name is Niklaus Mikaelson. You killed my brother. Prepare to die,' and said I inspired them. Still psyched about that. :) :)
Flag
Nice! I'm a fan of TVD and its craziness. I used to love reading Price's recaps too. However, I'm not currently up to date with the show. I haven't finished watching the latest season.
Flag
Haha. Not so much when you have friends, who also watch the show, tease you about dying soon, because everyone with a similar last name is being offed left and right... =_=
Flag
It's not Starck, is it? I know none of the Lannisters ever die (they do too many bad things for that, obvs), maybe a Greyjoy? Targaryen would be harder. Don't tell me I want to guess. Martell? That's an easy one to have a last name close to, but they don't die too often. And they aren't even on this post. Tyrell same story (minus not being on the post). Baratheon possibly? I dunno. Still going with Stark. Am I right?
Flag
Yea, it's a derivation from "Stark".
Flag
Flag
Also, you just revealed that you're a practical and cynical survivor since you don't like the odds of being a Stark and you only want to be a Targaryen when they're on top. Sounds like a Tyrell to me.
Flag
That's an interesting way to put it, but you're right. In Westeros if you dont play the game right you wont survive.
Flag
Good point, being a Stark is like carrying a death sentence on the show. Not even Talisa's baby was spared.
Flag
Heck, Talisa didn't last long with the name either. As soon as you become a Stark your days are counted.
Flag
Excellent point! Catelyn was also a Stark by marriage and she didn't make it.
Flag
Flag
I have read two game of throne wikis. One wiki says it's a volant Eagle and the other says it's a Falcon. Haven't read the books, so don't know for sure.
Flag
It's a falcon according to the books, people assume it's an eagle which is probably why some wikis say it is. The Arryn's seat is also called the Eyrie which would fuel the assumption that it's an eagle because an eyrie can be a nest of any bird of prey but is generally used to refer to an eagle's nest, that might have something to do with it also.
Flag
You waste time reading multiple GoT wikis, but you haven't read the books? I think that might be a crime against life.
Flag
Definitely against literacy at the very least.
Flag
Flag
You're forgetting about Martells, they're not supper important in the show yet but they will be next season and continue to be from then on.
Flag
No I was trying to stick to families we've seen on the show. If I were using the books I could have listed dozens. There are also some families from the Tales of Dunk and Egg series that I like.
Flag
They'll be in the show soon enough, I'm really looking forward to their stuff in future seasons.
Flag
True dat!
Flag
Flag
I would definitely be a Martell if the option was on the poll.
Flag
I have heard a lot of people talking about the Martells and I am really curious to see them in next season(s).
Flag
Flag
Not to mention their father.
Flag
These descriptions are horrible. They are based solely on one character or the family words.

Like the arryns liking height, the saying refers not to height but to rising above everything which is why Jon Arryn was a great and honorable man.

The barathons aren't about war, Robert was. Stannis is only at war because he thinks it is his duty and responsibility.

Greyjoys don't go out to seas they only sail with sight of the coast. They are about glory and strenght.

Lanisters was good but it didn't mention that the family name/ reputation was important not the family members

Starks believe in the old ways. Winter is coming means bad times are coming so be prepared and stand strong. Not all starks were as honorable as Ned his values are not stark values of his brothers, sister and father.

Targaryens aren't at all like dany. They are a mixture of great people (Dany and Rhagar) and horrible (Aerys and viserys ) thats why they say with targ. its like flipping a coin.

Tullies and Tyrells is good

Flag
Also, no person in Westeros likes Winter not even the Starks. Winter is the end of the world for them.
Flag
#Arryns do have a phrase High as Honor but they DO LIVE in a castle HIGH in the sky.

#"Winter is Coming" has BOTH meanings. It is meant both literally and metaphorically. Seasons in Game of Thrones last years. The last Summer has lasted many many years. So there is a Winter that it will come. Literally.

#Baratheon's motto is "Ours is the Fury" and they have Horns as a sign of Weapon. They don't depend on Dragons, or on money, or on Wolves. They depend on their armies.

#I wrote that Lannisters are about Family. A Rich Family. Maybe you missed it.

#When I said that all Targaryens are good? I wrote about Dragons and Sword and Sorcery.

#Greyjoys are Pirates. As simple as that.

Flag
I don't mean to insult your posting I was just trying to make it more realistic and descriptive of the whole family line and not one individual person.

I know arryns have there home high in the sky but thats not about their personality or values.

You're right about the starks but your descrptions was off.

Robert Baratheon got his army from ned stark and jon arryn (who got fighters through his marriage to lisa tully) the baratheons are not a strong military family with tons of armies. You are basing their description off robert.

I didn't misunderstand the rich family. I was pointing out that they aren't about loving their family like the tullys they are about protecting and improving the family name, Lannister. Example Hoster tully cares about Catyeln. Tywin Lannister cares about the Lannister legacy.

You didn't say targeayens are good. I said that targayens are like flipping a coin some are good and some are evil. My problems with your description is that you implied all targs. are like dany.

Greyjoys aren't like pirates. We met the pirates the Salladhor Saan, pirate-lord from Lys. Historically they ruled over the land somewhere near riverlands, i think, they are about taking what they want. They typically attack with their ships on land. They do not typically attack ship to ship. They are not sailing the seas and stealing from ships.

More +
Flag
I am not insulted. In fact thank you for writing a comment. It is just that you take things too literally. This is supposed to be just an entertaining article.

Now to the things you commented:

Yes Tullies have more family values than Lannisters. But the Lannisters do love their relatives also. Cersei loves her children. Tyrion loves (or loved at least in the first two seasons) Jaime and Cersei. He has said it so. Yes it is the name and the tradition and all that but when we say the "name of the family" must live on, what we actually mean is that "the family must live on".

About the Greyjoys as I have said in another post I have not read the books. The description is based on what we have seen so far in the tv-show. And what I see are pirates with pirate ships. I don't know their background.

For the Baratheons, again is what about we have seen in the show. I don't know their historical background. But in the tv-show it is the most "militaristic" family of all. Do you disagree with that? Lannisterd and Tyrells do have armies but are more educated and it's more about wealth. When you see Stanis Baratheon for example with Davos talking about armies don't you get a "militaristic" feeling? I don't mean it in a bad way. It is just more about war, war, war.

As for the Targaryens yes I used the name Khaleesi. Because it's Khaleesi! How I could not? :D

As I said it is just a fun/entertaining article. Nothing more.
More +
Flag
@bluefish

I am from Mediterranean Sea (Europe) and when we say Pirates (in real life) we mean the people, in previous centuries, with boats who were raiding the islands and the villages on the islands killing, stealing etc... Not only ships who were targeting other ships.

The pirate "ships vs ships" concept is mostly an american idea I think.
Flag
I'll give you this generation of lannisters.

As for the Greyjoys you have to admit that priates acts ships on seas right? Greyjoys attack land with ships and never sail out of sight of the coast. Theons sister, sailed to capture a castle.

The biggest army is Dornish but you haven't seen them so we exclude them. Next biggest is Tyrell and Lannister. They say northern men are worth four southern men so they count the stark army as up there but its quality not size.

Davos is from king landing but hes not militaristic at all. He is about truth, he was a smuggler trying to survive.

Stannis might give you the militaristic feeling because he is about duty and emotionless. He is not a i love war let me kill person. He think since robert had no children he has to be king and that means fighting a war.

Dany is a Khalesi but Targaryens would spit on the dothraki like viseris. Dany is an A-typical/ one of a kind, targ.
Flag
Flag
I created this article according to the tv-show, haven't read the books.
Flag
Yeah I figured out as much.. Well you should definitely create it again next season.
Flag
Staff
Flag
Thanx!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members