A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

THE PAY-CABLE THRONE HAS BEEN CLAIMED

... The Mountain just grabbed Tony Soprano's head and crushed it like a grape. Game of Thrones has become HBO's most popular series of all time, according to the network, beating The Sopranos with regard to overall audience. Game of Thrones' fourth season is averaging a gross audience of 18.4 million viewers; previous champ The Sopranos drew 18.2 million viewers with its own fourth season in 2002. I'm sure there are all sorts of claims about HBO being in more homes now so the math doesn't exactly equate, but I'm sticking with the one that makes my head explode. [HBO via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... The Daytime Emmys, television's 542nd most glamorous night, right after the Teen Critics' Choice of the People Awards, will not air on television this year. But if you're savvy enough to be reading this sentence right here on the internet, you'll still be able to watch the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. The celebration of soaps and talk shows will be streamed on live the web at daytimeemmys.net on Sunday, June 22 at 5pm. [Deadline]

... Lifetime has picked up four new reality shows, and if you'd like to save time, just go ahead and punch your computer screen now. Born in the Wild will follow expecting couples who want to give birth in nature without the assistance of doctors, medicine, or common sense. They'll just plop one out on a pile of leaves and gnaw through the umbilical cord like a wolf. Girlfriend Intervention is like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, if you replace "Queer" with "African-American women" and "Straight Guy" with "White Girl." Kosher Soul follows an engaged couple—an African-American man and a Jewish woman—as they approach their wedding date. Finally, Threads is Project Runway, but for teens. See? You should've just punched your computer screen at the top of this paragraph like I told you. [Deadline]

... You'll no longer have to squint to see what's happening on Big Brother, because the long-running reality show is finally making the upgrade to high-definition. Hooray, now we'll be able to see the show's racism in HD! The last primetime series to air exclusively in strain-your-eyes standard definition will be crystal clear when the new season starts on Wednesday, June 25. It's not that Big Brother wanted to be a dinosaur, it's that Big Brother is filmed with dozens of cameras, and updating to digital HD cameras was a bigger task than you might think. [Vulture]

... The CW is giving shared weekends a shot again (remember the MRC disaster?), this time by programming the Saturday-morning hours with educational children's programming in conjunction with Litton Entertainment. Ten half-hour shows will populate a five-hour block under the brand "One Magnificent Morning" (barf); among them are Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan: Family Editionthe National-Park-exploring Rock the Park, the farm vet series Calling Dr. Pol, and nature shows The Brady Barr Experience and Expedition Wild. Hmmm. I think I'll just stay in bed. [CW via press release] 

CASTING NEWS

... More Homeland casting news. Two days after Corey Stoll was added to Showtime's terrorist-huntin' drama, word from the network is that Life of Pi and Million Dollar Arm star Suraj Sharma will also join the cast in a recurring role. He'll play a Pakistani med student who meets Carrie. If she invites you upstairs for some wine and jazz, just say no, Suraj! [EW]

... On Tuesday, we told you that Malin Akerman would reprise her role on the revived Lisa Kudrow comedy The Comeback. Today I'm telling you that Kellan Lutz will be doing the same. Lutz has signed on to once again play Chris MacNess, an actor on the fake show that stars Kudrow's Valerie Chase. [The Wrap]

... Rollin' with the zombies! Jeremy Sisto (CluelessSuburgatory) is the latest addition to A&E's American adaptation of The Returned. He'll play Peter, a grief counselor who helps people grieving the loss of loved ones in a fatal bus accident. It's the meaty character of Pierre from the original. [Deadline]

REQUIRED READING

... Matthew McConaughey (perhaps you've heard of him) spoke to Deadline about True Detective and said he'd be open to doing more. THERE YOU HAVE IT! Matthew McConaughey #TrueDetectiveSeason2!!! [Deadline]

... In case you didn't already know this from your Psychology 101 class, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are constructed around science, not romance. It's why the contestants go on so many adrenaline-pumping dates and why the show encourages competition, and also why most Bachelor couples don't make it past the flight home. [Time]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... I looked at all the great and sorta-great credit sequences for new midseason shows and then gave them a letter grade. Have you seen the intro for Black Sails? Because it's totally cool, man! 

... Do you like flying sharks? Then you'll love this first look at Sharknado 2

... Do you like teen wolves? Then you'll love this trailer for Teen Wolf's fourth season!

... Did you NOT like the ending of Sunday's Game of Thrones? Then you'll love this alternate version!

... Finally, if teens dry-humping each other while assessing the viability of a post-nuclear Earth is totally your jam, then you should read Kaitlin's review of the latest episode of The 100.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/15/2014

Season 4 : Episode 10

33 Comments
Follow this Show
Members