A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO (Returning July 16, 2017)

It's Game of Thrones Week here at TV.com because I just declared it so! Season 4 debuts this Sunday, April 6, and the only way we'd be more excited were if Khal Drogo rose from the dead to plop King Joffrey down on a sharp stake, bum-first. But even our favorite shows have teensy tiny flaws and "complications" that sometimes stand out, especially for the casual viewer. 

The folks at Screen Junkies are in the business of making "Honest Trailers" for such shows, and today they finally went after HBO's fantasy epic. And it's spectacular. Give your funny bone a rub, check your defensiveness at the door, and take a look at this very spoilery (for Seasons 1 through 3) honest take on Game of Thrones

Yep, I'll be referring to Ser Jorah as Lord Friend Zone from now on.

Game of Thrones returns for Season 4 this Sunday at 9pm on HBO! Get pumped!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

72 Comments
Comments (56)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This is just awesome! Almost choked laughing. I'm amongst friends so I'm happy to admit that I don't know all the characters names so that "10 characters whose names you know" sums me up.
Flag
Another kind of recap....
Flag
OMG IT'S AMAZING!!!!
Flag
Can't. Stop. Laughing.
Flag
Couldn't have said it better.
Flag
spot on!
Flag
Brilliant!
Flag
They finally did it! People have been asking for a GOT Honest Trailer for ages. You can't deny it, these guys are funny and their trailers are usually very honest.

This ones another great example!

Flag
LOL. "The actors on Game of Thrones have better job security." Awesome!
Flag
Very funny and incredibly right.
Flag
This was so funny :D but then the Honest trailers usually are :-)
Flag
Hahahaha incredible. Regarding R + L = J bit I really hope show take a dive into the past and show us some flashback. Non book readers are totally clueless about that.
Flag
We were supposed to find out about jon's mom in book 5 but it wasn't in there so hopefully its one of the scenes that got pushed to book 6.
Flag
Yeah, it never crossed my mind until I read the first book and thought, hang on a sec...
Flag
LOLz
Flag
:))))))))))))))
Flag
Sean Bean and...bewbs!
Flag
Lol. I crack up everytime he says BEWBS!
Or Awbs!
Flag
Didnt the White Walkers and the dead army reach the wall at then end of season 1? What have they been doing.
Flag
Nope they reached fist of first men at the end of season 2. And moreover shows take one year to make one season. But in books time difference is not that big between incidents. So a lot of things are happening at the same time. That's why a confusion over time period is bound to happen. And on side note it really makes me worry for Bran's character as he has grown too fast.
Flag
Need to watch it again but i remember in the first episode of season 2 after that white walker looked at Sam they were walking towards the the wall that Jon, Ingrid and the wildlings eventually climbed.

Im guessing Khaleesi will come in EXTREMELY handy when it comes to fighting the white walkers. Dragon flame and the fire capable of forging weapons.
Flag
And one more thing it was season 3.
Flag
Ermm no it wasn't wall. It was the fist of first men where Rangers led by commander Mormont had made camp. And regarding Khaleesi - Well thats everyone's hope.
Flag
I'm assuming they are still crossing: it's a really big army and they few Night's Watch men that survived Mormont are all stuck at Castle Black (and about to be attacked by wildlings).

The Realm is doomed if it depends on the Wall to stop the Whithe Walkers.
Flag
Well the wall does contain magic that assists in keeping the White Walkers out. But I doubt it'll keep them out for much longer
Flag
I remember Lord Friend Zone. Couldn't have a better-suited name.
Flag
Hey, I knew the actual names of ALL those characters, AND their official titles. How do you like that?!

#smugbookreader
Flag
Fringe, maybe you have fun with this, it's about the houses, not the characters though. I was surprised how many I got right from my memories of the books and the show so far :
http://www.purposegames.com/game/westeros-heraldry-quiz
Flag
Great GoT game!
Flag
TV show is easy. Over 1000 named characters in the books! :)
Flag
So true! Specially not knowing the names of half of the cast! Got love Screen Junkies!
Flag
... So good. God bless Screen Junkies.

Biggest takeaway from this: "God! If he doesn't die this season, I'm going to f*cking kill him myself! F*cking hate that kid!!!"

Get in line, Honest Trailer Guy...
Flag
I'm glad I am not the only one to sense the potential of Warwick Davis eventually assasinating Peter Dinklage.
Flag
Ha! Funny you say that and funny its April fools cuz I remember last yr April fools David and Dan (GoT show runners) held a press conference saying that Warwick was taking the place of Peyer as Tyrion, I think they said Peter wanted too much money/he had numerous other projects in the works, and you can imagine i was screaming at my computer screen but then at the end they were like April fools! I almost died lol
Flag
Yep, Justin Bieber absolutely has to die this season!
Flag
Hilarious! Should be nominated for "most entertaining, to the point and funny recap of a show ever".
Flag
Urgh, I liked my own comment... didn't know that was possible... well, learned something...
Flag
Seriously, someone should do something about The White Walkers!!! I've been saying this since season 1
Flag
No one believes they actually exist.

Flag
found out about these a few weeks ago when they did one for Let It Go, then I went through and watched all the ones for stuff I like lol
Flag
Yeah, Screen Junkies is a very dangerous YouTube channel - a vortex that will eat up all the free times you have in a day if you're not careful.

Don't go to CinemaSins - same deal... oh and HISHE too. You start watching those channel on Wednesday night, then, all of a sudden, it's Sunday morning, you're hungry, sleeping and smell really bad.

You have been warned.
Flag
LOL very well done and so true, anyone related to Sean Bean dies!
Flag
And lets face it, faceless assassin dude is pretty awesome.

I miss Jaqen H'hgar....
Flag
Casual not know Sir Rodrik Motherfucking Cassel. As a super fan I have a hard time wrapping my head around not knowing every character's name, I've seen every episode so many times by now, read the books, read and re-read the wikis, it's all cemented in my mind like two plus two at this point.
Flag
HODOR
Flag
I love that part of "And that is just the first episode!"
Flag
Hilarious.
Flag
Not as good as some of the others they've done... I was actually really looking forward to Honest Trailer doing one, but that didn't really rip into the show too much, which is a shame, because it does have the potential to be put under some scrutiny.

Personally I'm surprised that the series is so popular, to really get a grasp on any of the most intricate plots you would really have to read all the books and watch the seasons several times, which is not something a casual viewer does. You'd think it would turn people off.
Flag
I agree. Plus I thought the actual trailer would be way harsher and funnier. Considering it's Honest Trailers/Screen Junkies, they were actually pretty tame with this one. I guess they were afraid of fan backlash.
It's because of the BEEEWWWBBBS though.
I'd like to see what would happen if GOT just stopped nudity altogether, I wonder how many viewers they'd lose...:-/
Flag
Hence the bewbs. It'll keep even the most oblivious viewer interested.
Flag
That was EPIC!!!! A hahahahaha is it Sunday yet?!
Flag
awesome. boobs. boobs. and more boobs. and dragons.
Flag
Excellent. Very funny, thanks.

"The place where everything is the thing of nouns" :)
Flag
I also agree with the algebra at the end.
Flag
LOL!!!! This is brilliant! Love these honest trailers.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members