A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

The moment you've been waiting for since last June has finally arrived. During HBO's panel at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour on Thursday, the network announced premiere dates for several of its new and returning series. So get out your calendars and red Sharpies, because these are dates you're not going to want to miss. 

I'll wait while you realize you don't have a calendar and let you find your iPhone instead...

Ready? Okay:

– Game of Thrones Season 4 will premiere Sunday, April 6 at 9pm! And in related news, the first trailer for the new season will debut this Sunday, January 12, at 8:58pm, right before the series premiere of the new Matthew McConaughey/Woody Harrelson drama True Detective. Make sure to set your DVRs accordingly. 

– Following Game of Thrones on April 6 will be the Season 3 premiere of the hilarious Julia Louis-Dreyfus-starring political comedy Veep, at 10pm. 

– Still with me? 'Cause we're still on April 6. Rounding out that night will be Silicon Valley, a new comedy series from Mike Judge (Office SpaceKing of the HillBeavis and Butt-Head) about the "modern-day high-tech gold rush where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success." Loosely based on Judge's experience as an engineer in the late '80s, the series stars Thomas Middleditch, TJ Miller, Zach Woods, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, Josh Brener, Christopher Evan Welch, and Amanda Crew. Judging by the trailer shown at TCA, it's very, very funny and not to be missed.

– Now let's flip one calendar page backward, to March. Doll & Em, a six-episode series starring Emily Mortimer (The Newsroom) and Dolly Wells (Bridget Jones's Diary) is a semi-improvised comedy that explores female friendship and what happens when an actress hires her best friend as her assistant. It will premiere with back-to-back episodes on March 19 at 10pm. 

– Lastly, Vice—Shane Smith's newsmagazine devoted to covering stories that are often overlooked by mainstream media—will return for Season 2 on Friday, March 11 at 11pm. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

37 Comments
Comments (37)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I will definitely watch GOT, but I am more excited about Veep.
Flag
GoT, yes for sure but McConaunghey AND Harrelson?! And I love Veep even if it doesn't have Malcolm Reynolds.
Flag
Game of Thrones. YES.
Flag
I am not too excited about Game of thrones. Yea, yea a high quality show, i know. But, there is no one to cheer for. Every good guy dies. There is nothing in the show except for sex and violence. It's like the entire Westeros is begging for the Flood and it may be a good thing if it actually happens.
Flag
Personally, I think the most epic love stories come from Game of Thrones!

Jon & Ygritte, Robb & Talisa, Ned & Catelyn, Daenerys & Drogo, Shae & Tyrion and that is only the consummated couples (there's a lot to look forward for those that haven't "jumped the bear" just yet!)
Flag
LOL.

Flag
I am looking forward to a new season of Veep because it is hillarious. While Game of Thrones is more like, I am watching because now I have begun watching the series. Now i just wait for it to be something more of Lord of the Ring adventure insted, and enjoying the Tyrion moments in the show while waiting.
Flag
So excited for Sunday now!!l I can't wait to see how they adapt the last half of A Storm of Swords if you thought Season 3 was cray then Season 4 is going to be Bat Shit Banana Hammocks!
Flag
Silicon Valley sounds dope
Flag
I love every episode of Thrones & I've watched 'em all multiple times, but I'm glad my personal geekiness about the show doesn't fit on the bandwagon. Wake me the week it comes on & I'll be psyched about it then.
Flag
What's the big deal about the Game of Thrones premiere date? Last year, it was March 31, so everybody and their uncle figured it would be around the same time, give or take a week. And not everyone thinks Veep is hilarious. I certainly don't and that's why I stopped watching after the first 3 episodes.
Flag
Can't wait, I'm going to watch the trailer a hundred times before the next season starts.
Flag
oh...ok then...
Flag
Jeez, Game of Thrones has a lot of votes. I voted for Game of Thrones hoping that it can catch up to Game of Thrones, but second seems to the about the best it can do, as it looks like Game of Thrones will undoubtedly win the poll.
Flag
Winter's trailer is coming!!
Flag
Can't wait for the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Silicon Valley looks interesting. That's my explanation for my vote.

Flag
Mike Judge is a genius.
Flag
It was about time!

I'd swear this winter was taking forever...
Flag
I knew Winter Was Coming, but it's already here? Where was I?
Flag
I really want to see the Purple Wedding.
Flag
I have no idea if just saying that there's something called "the purple wedding" is a spoiler, but I would like to remind everyone that even small spoilers give away major events. In the case of the red wedding, that name together with other "harmless" pieces of information gave away most of what was going to happen before it did. So please be careful with things like this. There are other places on the internet where you can mention things from the books that haven't been shown on TV, so you really don't need to do it here.
Flag
Funnily enough, you saying it's a spoiler actually kinda spoiled it for me. Before knowing it was a spoiler, I just thought Mate liked the color purple.
Flag
Saying "spoilers" about something based on a book series that has been published since 1996 is rather ridiculous at this point. Honestly the state of literacy in the world today saddens me. Yes it's a tv show that everyone wets themself over when someone reveals the slightest detail. If you cared that much you'd pick up the book and read it. Then someone mentioning a detail like getting so see the purple wedding brought to life would fill you with as much glee as the red wedding filled you with despair.
Flag
Speaking as a very proud geek of many things, your post exhibits one of the aspects of fandom that perpetuates and justifies the negative stereotype of the geek that transcends genre overall to the majority of others in the world that don't share a similar level of obsessive love for a specific something.

Considering attempts at spoiler warnings as ridiculous towards people who happen to have the foresight to not spoil a good story for others is ridiculous in and of itself.

Never mind the fact that a person's choice to not to read the source material of an adapted series (for whatever reason) has absolutely Zero to do with the current state of literacy in the world today.
Flag
That's just it, I don't find spoiler warnings a bad thing in and of themselves. New movie, original book or tv program? Great, don't tell me anything. I want to experience it for myself. Movie or tv show based on a book that was published more than 5 years ago? I can't really fault anyone for letting spoilers out and doing so makes me an asshole. It's policing people from discussing something they've enjoyed just because you don't feel like taking the time to educate yourself.

It also DOES have something to say about the state of literacy in the world because I have now encountered more people than I would care to count who have stated that they don't want to take the time to read the books and imagine what the characters look like and go through for themselves because they can just wait a year and watch people act it out for them.

It's a bit like saying you refuse to read Shakespeare because you liked a stage performance of it one time and don't ever want to sully your memory of the performance. It's closed minded and short sighted.

That being said I do think that people should try to limit themselves to only saying things or discussing things in a way that won't wreck others enjoyment of the story in either format, and I don't think the original poster did that. If you didn't understand what the "purple wedding" was, you weren't obligated in any way to engage with the comment or discuss it further. You aren't required to Google it or look it up. You could just let it slide. But people didn't and they have no one to blame for their further issue but themselves.
More +
Flag
That's a Snobbish and ridiculous statement. I'm more than literate, I'm an avid reader. But I have deliberately avoiding this series of books as the TV series, for me, is among the best there has been this century, and reading the books would only diminish the enjoyment of the show, much of which comes from the not knowing what is going to happen, who is going to survive or switch allegiance from one episode to the next. I manage to avoid any spoilers (so far) and anyone who knew what was about to happen, will never understand just what a shocking and impactful piece of television that was. I just cannot believe it would have been as brilliant for those that had read the books

While I agree saying things like I'm looking forward to the Purple wedding isn't a spoiler, I would say to all those who know what is coming up to have some consideration and respect for others when posting comments etc in public. It's not a lot to ask and some of us are choosing not to read the books.

Flag
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes ruined Sherlock to me (they are the same olf mysteries, often with the same culprints as well).

A Song of Ice and Fire hasn't ruined anything on Game of Thrones for me so far (Arya's, Theon's, Shae's, even Jaime and Brienne's story are a completely different than the books).
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I wouldn't call it a spoiler, those that have read the series would know what it is and those that haven't would have to google the name to find out what it means.
Flag
Well, you could say the same thing about the red wedding. I had no idea what it meant at first. I thought maybe Stannis would marry Melisandre (who has red hair and worships the red god). But other small details kept pouring in from other people who probably all thought that they weren't spoiling anything (the episode number, the name of a person who's about to make a big mistake,...), and by the time the episode started, I had a pretty good idea what would happen.
Flag
I agree with you. My son read the books, I haven't and we discuss the series a lot. He knows both so also knows what's not been on the tv yet and tries to keep away from that. Now and then he says to me: "How do you know that, it's only in the book", so then I know I've heard or read something that still has to come.
Flag
I knew exactly what was going to happen and even then I was distraught. Just kept praying for The Black Fish and Talisa to leave the room, but then they went on and killed baby Eddard.

...and I find myself screaming as if I had never read the books.
Flag
Ah, fair enough. No spoilers.
Flag
FINALLY!!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members