A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

Guys Guys Guys! 

It's here! Tonight at 8:58pm Eastern, HBO premiered the trailer for Game of Thrones' fourth season just before the series debut of True Detective. And now that trailer is here for you. Behold!

OMG Mountain fight. Yes. Can't wait!!!

Game of Thrones returns for Season 4 on Sunday, April 6 at 9pm on HBO.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

91 Comments
Comments (91)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have realised something lately. There seems to be a lot more spoiler from book readers as time goes on... Here is my take on it though. I feel those that read the books prior to the TV show (for the most part) did well to keep their knowledge to themselves but as the show goes on and more people pick up the books there seem to be a lot of people dropping subtle or outright spoilers of parts the show has not got to yet. I have read the books for the record and done my best not to spoil anything for those that hadn't.

Has anyone else noticed this or were the spoilers always there?
Flag
All I can is that I had to read all 5 books before I dared to venture online (that way no one can spoil me anymore).

I wouldn't be surprised if more and more amongst the TV audience started doing the same.
Flag
Looks great can't work out which are the House Banners on top of the hill is it the freys and ? Tyroin is getting involved in the dodgy debts and looks like joffery is on the way down. Hoping Jon Snow fights back for the Starks , Dragons look great as well, can't wait !
Flag
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! Oberyn and the Mountaing, the Purple Wedding!!!!!!!!! I'm just dying of excitement!!!!
Flag
Staff
Every year the wait gets longer.
Flag
So much promise I can't wait so excited
Flag
OMG I'M FREAKIN' OUT!

ELLLIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Flag
Yeah!!! can't wait!!
Flag
One word, Needle!
Flag
I am probably the only one here who watches the show but I'm not a BIG fan. And I won't be fooled again by slick trailers like they had for seasons 2 and 3. Just because the promo looks good doesn't mean it won't be 95% people walking around talking and snarling at each other and 5% plot development. I'm still going to watch in hopes this season moves better than last season, but i'm not holding my breath.
Flag
Since when are dialogue and plot development mutually exclusive?
Flag
When the dialogue is inane and adds nothing to move the story. I know, I know, I'm a cave man who wants blood and action, blah, blah. I wish I loved the show, but I find it the pacing slow and a lot of useless banter. I'll still watch it, isn't that enough?
Flag
I don't share the opinion mostly because every new show from Revolution to Reign tries to sell itself as "the new Game of Thrones" as of late.

That wouldn't happen if the balance between dialogue & action were less than perfect.
Flag
A few years ago new shows compared themselves to Lost and Battlestar Galactica. Then both shows had such horrible final seasons and the comparisons stopped.
Flag
5 procent plot development? Of course. And beacause it has much dialogue it isn't good? The dialogue in the series is one of the things that makes the show stand out. If you hate/don't like dialogue than this show (and many others) is not something for you.
Flag
Cue the sound of thousands of fanboys crywanking.
Flag
Was that a dragon flying over Kingslanding? Things are really getting real now!!!
Flag
not Kingslanding sry to disappoint you there:P
Flag
Holy fuck!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!
Flag
OMG i am so exited! the third book was my absolute favourite and i can`t wait for the second half! so many good things to come! (*muahahahahaha*)
Flag
Good, good, good .........
Flag
Is it supposed to be a helicopter shadow in the begining?
Flag
Helicopters and hovercrafts. Behold the wrath of the Iron Bank ...
Flag
If by "helicopter" you mean "firebreathing lizard with wings", then yes.
Flag
Ok I'd never seen the series. I'm not into fantasy stuff.
Flag
This show isn't just for people who are "into fantasy stuff". Now that Breaking Bad is gone, there's no contest: Game of Thrones has the best actors, the best characters and the best story on TV.

I bought the season 1 bluray for my (almost 70 years old) parents for Christmas. They're as far from being "into fantasy stuff" as you can get. It took them a few episodes to get into the show, but they certainly did. A few days after I went back home, they told me that they have bought season 2.

You may be overestimating the degree of "fantasy" on this show. There's magical stuff on the show, but a vast majority of what you see has nothing to do with magic.
Flag
sandorxian: That's an absurd response to what I said. It reeks of ignorance and prejudice. It really doesn't make sense to dismiss this show with a comment like "I'm not into fantasy stuff".
Flag
Overestimating the fantasy? Ok maybe there are "firebreathing Lizards witindih wings" in nature as well. I haven't been around the whole globe. They are not indigenous to the area where I live however.
Flag
Then it makes total sense that you would watch the trailer for season 4 and comment on it.
Flag
boy, do you miss something!
Flag
I m speechless, really can't think of anything to say. Wow, I can't wait for season 4
Flag
No sign of Shae? Good!
I hope she dies soon, can't stand that character (nor the actress).
Flag
No Sansa, Brienne nor Ellaria Sand either: there're not enough shots of King's Landing aside Joffrey's.
Flag
she dies.
Flag
In case you were wondering, the song is
Chealse Wolfe - Feral Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwT3DIIXWNA
Flag
Damned!!!
Thank you for reminding me of my GoT withdrawals, when there are still 3 months to go!
Flag
Am i the only one who is tongue tied and can't think of any coherent words after witnessing this pure awesomeness. Simply EPIC
Flag
Hey, HBO, here's a business idea for ya: How about...you cancel all shows except GoT, you save a ton of money, and then you can afford to produce GoT for 52 weeks a year. Zero people will mourn the disappearance of the other shows, as long as they have GoT around the year.

I know, right? That is a good idea. OK, just implement this for next season and I promise we viewers won't arrange any pesky riots or boycotts.
Flag
And some money for the fourth, final season of Deadwood and I can die in peace.
Flag
That's a great idea. If only the source material could come out a little faster than every 5/6/infinity years.
Flag
This is one show best watched in one sitting and not week by week. I'm going to wait until summer. who's with me! :D
Flag
Bad idea unless you've read the books. You will get too many spoilers. I'm going to watch every episode within 24 hours of the first airing and I'm not even going to visit any review pages.
Flag
I wish i had your willpower
Flag
I already began re-watch, I'll probably watch the whole show three times by April.
Flag
Me too. Season 1 was better the second time. It really helps to know the characters, the geography and the recent history of Westeros, and it's just too hard to pick up enough information about that the first time.

I'll start watching season 2 this week. I don't think I will have watched everything three times when season 4 starts, but I will probably have watched everything twice.
Flag
It's absolutely ridiculous how pumped I am for the new season.

"Tell him that the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts."
Aaand I'm a fan of Pedro Pascal's Red Viper.
Flag
Might as well ask it here, since I just finished season 3 and no other talkback would be as active....

What was the point of Jon Snow's arc???
Flag
You asked so im going to answer

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

Jon was infiltrating the Wildlings to basically get the in and outs of their big plan, which he basically did.. He wasnt planning on leaving them until the opportune moment arrived, and now hes warning the wall so they can prepare for quite a big battle, hes also going to help lead an attack, everything Jon did last season will have its repercussions this season, and it should be quite thrilling.
Flag
But that poor girl....dang....
The way he led her on was just nasty.
Flag
He does love her but he is his father's son, and duty comes first.
Flag
She knew nothing.
Flag
LO reallyL!
Flag
@ionee24 Sorry, flagged you as I wanted to reply but there was no reply button.......

Wanted to say: I looked at him, but I looked at her better and more often. I did not read the books, but I heard my son mention how it works out. Curious if GoT will change that. They would have my vote.
Flag
To be fair. she knew. She just didn't care (and who can blame her. I mean, look at him!)
Flag
Dont let that fool you, his feelings for Ygritte are 100% genuine, however he made an oath and those men of the NW have become his brothers.. gotta do what he gotta do! but yeah, t'was sad, her face at the end gets me everytime!
Flag
Jizzed in my pants!!!
Flag
Anyone else still shaking with anticipation??
Flag
YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Flag
i wants it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
But April's so far away. :(
Flag
This looks EPIC. Can't wait for Winter to come again...or is it Spring?
Flag
This season takes place in Autumn, book five ends with Autumn officially ending and it becoming Winter. Hence the name of the yet to be released sixth book, Winds of Winter.
Flag
Theon is looking far too well and healthy considering everything from last season. I'm hoping they haven't made some changes to the book. Or are we just going to see another season of Theon torture.
Flag
Spoiler alert!!!!!

They already made changes. Jamey should not be able to talk to his son. He was already dead when Jamey got to King's Landing.
Flag
This spoiler doesn't bother me much, but I have to say it's a bit odd to post a Joffrey spoiler as a reply to a Theon question. It makes the spoiler alert kind of misleading. I would have been less inclined to read a Joffrey spoiler than a Theon spoiler.

If you meant some other son, then please DON'T clarify.
Flag
The reply was for "I'm hoping they haven't made some changes to the book.". In general. not specifically for Teon
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I did actually mean in regards to Theon, though, so I should have been more specific. I had already noticed that change and the numerous others that have already happened, Gendry finding out his true origins, etc.... All the others can be worked around, but Theon's trajectory needs to remain the same for future events.
Flag
Damn it, April seems so far away but i want it.
Flag
Looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to it.
Flag
Game of Thrones trailers are the BEST trailers. Song is called Feral Love by Chelsea Wolfe, if anyone was wondering.
Flag
Actually, I was wondering which was the blonde Jaime looked like he was about to kiss (she doesn't look like Cersei or Brienne)...but I would've got there eventually.
Flag
her hair looks like Cersai's, I think
Flag
I'm not sure, but it does look like her type of braid at the superior left corner...
Flag
Its tricky, but it was the book timeline what ensured the outcome once he reached King's Landing. Now its a completely different game (although that still looks like Cersei's braid to me).
Flag
Not quite sure how that changes anything. The timeline is just a bit different from the books.
Flag
Book Spoiler: that " father and son" scene at the beginning...kind of change an important part from the books spoiler below.
Flag
Book spoiler........................

Yes, it's Cersei.
Flag
I am so turned on right now! Cannot wait! #DragonsMakeCoolPets
Flag
Drogon!

Jaime!

Dany!

Oberyn!

wildlings!

Yara!