A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

There's only one way to treat Game of Thrones withdrawal (we're still over seven months away from Season 4 UGH) and that's with MORE GAME OF THRONES! HBO wants you to buy the box set of the recently concluded third season (which looks awesome, by the way), so to tug on your wallet, the network has released a deleted scene. Comic-Con attendees who were present at the Game of Thrones panel this year already saw it, but even they will want to give this great three-minute scene a second look.

Couple things to note while we're notin' things: That sneaky Maester Pycelle is still trying to front like he's haggard. But apparently his ruse didn't die with Ros (remember when he jumped into some plyometrics after a romp in the sack with her in Season... 1? Or was it 2?), and only the eagle-eyed Tywin has caught on. This is yet another symbolic scene in which Tywin crushes his rival houses with some hunting for sport. We've seen Tywin gut a stag while he was muscling out House Baratheon, and here he is plucking fish from the ocean's bounty; depending on whether this scene took place before the Red Wedding, it might've signaled his plan to take Catelyn of House Tully (spirit animal: the trout) out of the running. 

HBO has not yet set a premiere date for Game of Thrones Season 4, but you can relive all the blood and tears when the Season 3 DVD (eventually) hits shelves on February 18, 2014.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

15 Comments
Comments (37)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well, I can't say Tywin doesn't acknowledge the wisdom of Tyrion's decisions in front of other people (even if its in a deleted scene).
Flag
I have a better way to spend GOT hiatuses…READ THE BOOKS!!!!!! I just finished the fifth one, and now I've restarted on the first one again, and all the names I discarded as unimportant before I suddenly realize I know exactly who they are, and it's thrilling. :)
Flag
it's almost cruelty to make us wait 7 months again. winter is coming.
Flag
At least Game of Thrones doesn't cut their seasons in half after a massive cliffhanger. Then makes us wait an entire year for the rest of the episodes for the last season of their show.
Flag
That wasn't a decision made by the writers but the Network.
Flag
I think Breaking Bad is worth the wait.
Flag
This is overacting and not at all subtle. No wonder it got cut.
Flag
Do people really pre-order TV shows or movies 6 months in advance? I know I don't. I think people normally buy shows just before the new seasons come on to catch up by which time they will have probably forgotten there were deleted scenes adds trying to get them to buy them 6 months before.
Flag
with some shows and books, i do.
Flag
A tiny fix that will have to do for now. I do wish they were running 12-13 episodes per season instead of 10, but good things are always so severely limited.
Flag
There is another way, read the books! 1 down, just 6 more to go...
Flag
Great scene! Tywin may be a dick, but Charles Dance plays him to a tee. He has a hell of presence on this show.
Flag
vote GOT favourite show on spoilertv

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/08/the-spoilertv-favourite-tv-series_16.html
Flag
They should put whoever diceded to only do 10 episode of GOT each season in prison because he's torturing millions of people.
Flag
This is acting!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members