A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

Have you watched a little show on HBO called Games of Thrones? It's like The Lord of the Rings but with taller people and no dumb elves. And if you have watched the show, then you know it's all about nipples power! Specifically, it's about who controls a very uncomfortable chair made of swords, a chair that's known as the Iron Throne. Whoever puts their heiny on it assumes the privileges of being the King of Westeros, which includes all-you-can-eat pigeon pie, judgment-free obesity, and access to breasts from every corner of the kingdom. To quote Mel Brooks, it's good to be the king

But here's the deal: This ain't no democracy (the only flawless form of government). Instead of earning the Iron Throne in a vote by the boneheaded slop-shovelers of Westeros, it's normally acquired by one of two ways. You're either the eldest son of the king who just died, or you take that mother by force. In three seasons of the television series, the throne has changed butts one time, going from King Robert Baratheon to his troll monster "son" Joffrey after Robert croaked due to complications from a fight with a pig. And before Season 1 started, Robert had taken it by force from King Aerys II Targaryen ("The Mad King") during Robert's Rebellion. So the precedent has been set that the Iron Throne is basically always up for grabs, and that it's not unusual for it to change hands either through bloodlines or bloodshed.

With four seasons (probably) left in Game of Thrones, the big question for 2017 is, "Who will end up on the Iron Throne and be declared the winner of this game?" Only that selfish keeper of secrets George R.R. Martin knows for certain, so the big question NOW is, "Who do YOU want to see on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?" I polled the TV.com writers (and two very distinguished guests) for their opinions, and I'd also like to pose the query to you. Once the results are in, I'll be texting them over to George R.R. Martin for his consideration. 

Andy Daglas, has read all the books because he's legit: 

I suppose my sincere gut reaction would be to have Daenerys atop the throne, overseeing the beginning of Westeros's transition to a constitutional monarchy, with Tyrion as Hand and Jon Snow commanding the Queensguard, while Sansa rules in Winterfell with Brienne as castellan, and Arya off adventuring and defending the smallfolk, probably with Hot Pie as her sidekick. 

But that's probably way too elaborate, so let's just go with Hodor.

Lily Sparks, listened to an audio book of Book 1 which got creepy at times when the elderly male narrator was describing the Khaleesi's "free moving breasts" but was otherwise pretty fun: 

Obvoiusly Daenerys Targaryen. Not only is her hair on point, but Stormborn's the one person on the show who uses her power for other people's benefit rather than purely for bolstering up the family pride. And since probably the best way to keep ice zombies at bay are dragons, she basically has a monopoly on salvation.

Price Peterson, does not know what a book is: 

Shadow Baby. It's not clear how Shadow Baby has been spending his or her time since jumping out of Melisandre's business and then stabbing a guy, but hopefully Shadow Baby has been having adventures and seeing the sights and falling in love and maybe picking up some knowledge about how the government works. Honestly, Shadow Baby just seems very chill but at the same time does not put up with foolishness. Shadow Baby gets the job done, no fuss, no muss. Shadow Baby probably has some good ideas about the economy and subsistence farming and also his mom sometimes seduces blacksmith bastard princes using leeches and that is frankly what Westeros needs more of. I'd like to see a White Walker try and run into Shadow Baby's room and shout at him about taking over or whatever, but Shadow Baby just rolls his eyes. Get out of here, creep! Shadow Baby also has a beautiful singing voice.

Carice van Houten, the actress who plays Melisandre on the show: 

As an actor, I would say Charles Dance [who plays Tywin Lannister]. But it's hard, I would say Arya. That's the whole point, once people get that power, it's dangerous for anybody. I once tweeted that I want to live in a world where Samwell is king, because he's such a good guy. In an ideal world, it would be nice to live in a world that's ruled by someone that good. 

Kaitlin Thomas, read Book 1 and then went back to re-watching Veronica Mars

My gut inclination says to go with burning the entire thing to the ground. Which I guess means that I want the dragons to win. 

Ryan Sandoval, hasn't read squat: 

Look let's not beat around the bush here, the ONLY rightful heir to the throne would be a White Walker. Think about it: With a very long winter just around the corner, who better to keep a cool political head than a frozen being that can command armies of the dead? So hey, no more draft! Plus there'd never be a scene where slovenly eating was used as a visual metaphor for being a wasteful king, because White Walkers don't need food. So there's that.   

Noel Kirkpatrick, has read none of the books: 

I still haven't finished Season 1, but obviously it has to be Sean Bean's character, right? I mean, it's Sean Bean!

Isaac Hempstead-Wright, who plays Bran Stark on the show: 

Tyrion would be fun, but I think it will probably have to be Dany. Because I don't see any way they're going to beat the dragons. Or the White Walkers might end up taking the throne, that would be cool.

Tim Surette, read through Book 3 and then stopped because his arms got tired: 

There's only one person I want on the Iron Throne, and that's the incumbent douchenozzle Joffrey Baratheon. I believe all kings should be arrogant, power-hungry jerks, otherwise what's the point of being king? If you want to help people, go be a nun. Joffrey in 2017 and forever!

Jen Trolio, read about three-fourths of the first book: 

Pycelle! Not only does he know all there is to know about kings, he ain't as frail or feeble as he looks. Ummm but more seriously, I'd love to see Tyrion take the seat. Dude is smart, funny, and deep down, a good guy. 

Nick Campbell, hasn't even seen one of the books in real life): 

My hope is that the only thing on the throne will be Joffrey's head and the rest of Westeros will come together to form a more perfect democratic republic, nations joining together for reasons not unlike those of the United Nations. They look at that smug grin and say, "Never again." Yes, Joffrey is akin to the Holocaust. But, since that's probably not going to happen, I'm going with Arya Stark to sit on the throne because NOT TODAY.

Alright, it's your turn. Defend your vote in the comments! But please, avoid posting book spoilers without labeling them accordingly!

Game of Thrones returns for Season 4 on Sunday, April 6 at 9pm on HBO.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

273 Comments
Comments (273)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Tyron no question If you want a just and smart ruler
Flag
I dont not understand why they kill each other,only for chair. they just buy chairs or they can create theyself. like me I buy from ikea, I buy it but if I show to you I am afraid that you will kill me and take away from me. Daenerys Targaryen &3 I choose her because I love her body. if she don't win. i will kill myself.
Flag
Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow are the only contestants with a shred of decency, but since everyone seems to think it will be one of those, I doubt it will be. Count on it being Sansa or Tywin Lanister.
Flag
I think Hodor is a very decent guy... when he's not running around naked anyway. And it appears that my fellow voters agree. Democracy rules!
Flag
did you know that deny and Jon are famliy ?
Flag
I think Daenarys and John Snow together (fire and shadow) could defeat the white walkers with fire and dragonglass and then by the will of the people together rule from the iron throne.
Flag
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!
Flag
The white-walkers!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Flag
If that world was fair and just the throne should go to Varys, the only person actively fighting for the good of the realm. He is truly the unsung hero of the seven kingdoms.
Flag
Dany, John and Arya seem to be on hero's journeys. I love all 3 characters and storylines so any of them, or a combination. John is Ned bastard so could end up marrying Arya and they both rule. Or of course, he could marry Dany and they rule. I'm a fan of the R + L = J theory, it would be good if John was Ice and Fire, or Stark and Targaryen, then he could and would be expected to get with Dany. That's what I think I want to happen.

What should happen is, definitely, Dany wins and takes the throne, she has 3 dragons ffs, the last time 3 dragons were unleashed the Targaryens defeated an army of 60,000 men by scorching 4,000 to death in the Field of Fire. Nobody can beat Dany, the Unsolid and 3 Dragons!
Flag
The best way to end it would be no throne at all.

Just let one of the characters wake up in a bed next to his wife, let them say something funny and roll the laughing track.

Flag
OMG guys too late. Guess we all underestimated this guy:

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/5/5/3/248553_slide.jpg?v=1

Nothing left to say. (Well except one thing) ..... Hodor!

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3119853
Flag
No one - it looks incredibly uncomfortable and appears to drive whoever sits in it bonkers; or more bonkers than they were to start with anyway.
Flag
Of course they can always create an anarcho-syndicalist commune. :)
Flag
I would personally like to see The Stormborn on the throne, with Bran on the northern throne and Jon Snow as his advisor/regent until he comes of age. Some people were prattling on about how the remaining Baratheon brother had "worked the hardest" for it, but I fail to see how he has done more than:

1. Giving "birth" to, defending and raising three dragons;
  2. Liberating herself from countless would-be captors;
  3. Amassing backers with enough military sense and money to make a difference;
  4. Liberating several cities and amassing an army of former slaves willing to die for her; all while
  5. LOOKING AMAZING.

Flag
Who's the remaining Baratheon brother to whom you're referring?
Flag
Stannis.
Flag
I never thought of this before, but Jaime might be the perfect king. Okay, the whole incestthing sucks, but he is changing and let us not forget, he broke his oath to save thousands of people when he killed the Mad King. Who else would have done that? I mean to kill him not to get the power, but just to stop the madness. I just discovered my deepest respect for that. Seriously noone else would have done that in his position.

Flag
Mother Of Dragons...indeed!
Flag
Melt the thrown down, make seven new thrones with it, or seven swords and let each kingdom rule themselves
Flag
Though, since its Ice and Fire, Danny and Jon will probably get married to stabalise the country as well as defeat the Walkers which would make Jon King and Danny Queenin, and unfortunatly king trumps queen, but maybe they can take turns sitting on it.
Flag
Given the time period and the long-held belief that children outside wedlock are not throne material, in general, it'd make more sense (even if the ages are very odd, it happened that way often) if Bran wed Dany.
Flag
I'm not sure if you've read the books, so I'll keep it simple. My anwser has nothing to do with being a Stark. In fact, there is another logical guess close to the one I mentioned earlier but if you haven't read the books I'll keep that one to myself for now.
Flag
You made me go buy the last two. I think I feel you on this. Though, I may now have to rethink my previous statement based solely on the fact that I believe Jon Snow's daddy might have a legit claim. His real father, that is. Then again, I could just be crazy. Hm?
Flag
No need to replace Jon with Bran. The reason people pick Jon is not for his "Stark"-ness but for the other half that they think Jon is. So if Jon and Dany don't marry, then Dany can rule by herself as Queen of Westeros. :)
Flag
Eh, a barren queen? Not much of a guarantee on the line of succession. Then again, I am not convinced that she is truly barren.
Flag
Rightfully I think should Daenerys but like all good stories nothing happens the way its supposed to so I'm ruling her out. My next favorite would be Bran cause I just feel there's something more to this paraplegic kid. But it would be cool to see a hateful character like Joffrey or Tywin assuming the throne :)
Flag
Um...Joffrey is already on the throne in the series...
Flag
I meant by the end of the series/book.
Flag
Daenerys obviously, but its going to be Bran. Here's why: Daenerys is going to come to westeros and kill a lot of people, but bran is going to warg out and take control of the dragons, and the rest explains itself
Flag
I have the same theory regarding Bran but i believe he is gonna take control of the dragons to kill the white walkers but i doubt he would ever want to rule the seven kingdoms!
Flag
When it comes to GoT, who really ever gets what they want
Flag
I doubt this will happen, but it'd be effin awesome to watch lol
Flag
i read all the books and agree with Andy Daglas
Flag
Dracarys.
Flag
Sadly, Daenerys not being able to have children would jeopardize her reign. Though she could be strong Elisabeth I style!
Flag
Noone. Monarchy sucks.
Flag
HOOOODOOOORRR!
Flag
Hodor!
Flag
It will be Jon Snow once he finds out the truth of his heritage and he'll likely hook up with Danaerys and the two will probably get married in the end. Since he is likely Rhaegars son he would be next in line.
Its likely that the new "Aegon" will probably die tragically as will Stannis in the next two books.
Flag
Isn't that a spoiler? You should warn people.
Flag
I think Dany & Jon Snow should hook up, and rule Westeros together. Not having read past book 3 yet, I can't say for sure, but I'm betting Jon isn't really Ned's bastard, but was another "obligation" Ned took on for his friend, Robert. If that were the case, Dany & Jon getting married would unite the old monarchy and the new, and hopefully Westeros as well. And screw his Nights Watch vows. The right of Kings takes precedence.
Flag
Hahaha. they can't hook up and if they do . it will become gross, because it's he's sister, the tree head dragon is deny, Viserys and Jon :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c, Jon is a

Targaryen Not Stark

Flag

The dragons with tree head
Flag
I read all the boks and we still dont know WHO the father is
Flag
Nor the Mother. It's frustrating. I hope we find out soon in the books if my theories are correct about his parentage.
Flag
Are Jon's eyes blue? :) Remember the gene thing.
Flag
Could just be miscasting. After all, if it hasn't even come out in the books yet, how could anyone blame the show's creators for missing a detail like that?
Flag
Haven't read a single book but I'm kind of hoping that the ending is gonna be something much more complicated than just that someones gonna win the damn throne... So I'm gonna say that in 2017 there's not gonna be an iron throne or Westeros as we know it. Something bigger is gonna happen (I'm trusting you George R.R. Martin! Don't **** this!)

But before that, yes, there's going to be some peolpe sitting on that damn chair and for the sake of the drama the sicker the better! But if it were up to me I'd vote the dragon lady (I'm sure she'll go insane at some point... look at her parental line).
Flag
I believe Stannis Baratheon ought to be there. Why? He's an outside runner. Outside runners have turned from bad to better likeable characters like Jamie Llanister. He's tried and failed plus has had his proverbial privates kicked. GoT seems to favour more the downtrodden and redeemable characters than those that aren't. He's got a sinister witch, but we have seen his gentler nature. He's got a long way to redeem himself. His test is if he can become better and not submit to 'if power corrupts' from both himself, his nutty wife, mistress, and daughter. I look forward to his character developing.
Flag
Having read the books I'll say Stannis. The book Stannis, not series Stannis who suffers from repeated character assassination. Of all the pretenders (that excludes Starks and Balon who are not pretenders but separatists) he is the most honest one and follows the laws rather than "I'm the king so I can do whatever I want". Jaime and Jon are out of the gae beause they swore off such things (Jon in Night Watch, Jaime in Kingsguard) and women can't rule.
Flag
Doesn't the cliffhanger that ends book 5 make Jon's vow null and void ?
Flag
Theon Greyjoy for sure. but first he has to be found.
http://www.havetheyfoundtheongreyjoy-yet.com/
Flag
If you think we'll have our King be another bastard, you are mad! Jon Snow? He knows nothing!

#TeamKhaleesi
Flag
Dany has the most legitimate claim to the throne as sole heir of the mad king Aerys Targaryen, commands the most badass army, and has dragons. She's the most compassionate for her people, and has no qualms about doing whats right rather than whats convenient or easy or popular. She seems the most suited to rule even though she has little experience. Tyrion would make a good king, but he has no claim to it, and little interest in it. I have a feeling that somehow Littlefinger will end up on it at some point, even if not for a long time lol. Stannis will end up fighting in the north, and probably dying by either white walker or by dragon. Joffery's head will most likely end up on a spike, or at least it hopefully will.
Flag
She doesn't have a "legitimate" claim. Don't forget Targs were overthrown because Aerys started killing people left and right. Even under faudal laws that ment he broke the social contract where king ruled under certain set of laws everybody obeyed.
Flag
Um, this is kinda wrong. No offense, but many people would support Dany because her father was deposed, making her the "rightful heir" AND the underdog.
Flag
Why would they? She has weaker claim than Stannis. and who are these "many people"? Nobles wouldn't back Targs for simple reason they are unknown quality. Nobody knows anything about Dany, what kind of ruler she is. And backing her would mean another round of fighting as those who hold power (Lannisters....) wouldn't just give it up. And that's on top of unfinished business with Stannis.

And backing the underdog doesn't make much sense when it comes to your ruler. It makes sense to back one when you decide to back one side in conflict elsewhere (as Machiavelli pointed out) but backing weaker side when it's your country being fought over doesn't. Makes much more sense to either back (apparent) winners or at least somebody who has a decent chance of victory. Backing the weak and unknown party only makes you target of retaliation once they lose and victors decides to punish those who opposed them.

And the fact that her father was deposed either doesn't matter to them as Robert's victory legitimised rebellion and they still remember Aerys' madness so they think overthrowing him was a good idea to begin with.
Flag
Not to be an ass or anything, but can you call Dany's claim anymore legitimate than Stannis, I mean the Targaryens originally took the seven kingdom by conquest, and than the Baratheons retook it by conquest, so they both took the throne by conquest, besides the Targaryens taking it first, neither have a claim anymore legitimate than the other, since they took power the same way.
Flag
Technically Baratheons have slightly better claim since they had some distant relations to Targs, Robert's grandmother being married to one or something.

But yes, in the end it comes down to force and overthrowing previous rulers as legitimacy.
Flag
true, ruling by conquest seems to be allowed, but then why try to kill off Aerys' children? The attitude in season 1 of Robert and the small council seemed to be that her or her brothers claim was, if nothing else, a threat to them. Regardless of that though, the dragons, the huge army, and the support she gains on her march to Westeros definitely puts her in top position.
Flag
Tehy were a threat because they could serve as rallying point for Targ loyalists or people tired of Robert's misrule and war of 5 kings.

As for being in top position don't forget she hasn't set foot on Westeros since she was born, spent her life on Essos and is unknown quality for everybody. while this doesn't disqualify her by default Westerosi might rather throw their support behind somebody they know (Stannis, Lannister.....) than behind somebody they don't know and has about even chance of being mad.
Flag
Haha, at the people who voted for Joffrey. I voted for Joffrey too but just for the fun of it. I'm also ready to bet 99 percent of the people who voted for The Targaryen are women. But honestly at the moment i don't think anyone deserve that throne; i can't think of anyone worthy of it. Not even my favorite dwarf.
Flag
I voted for Dany, though in my heart I know a female queen who cannot produce an heir would be more or less seen as useless, since it would not be a line of succession that could be sustained.
Flag
Dang, I forgot that detail. Dany can't have children anymore? Maybe magic can repair that...
Flag
Jon Snow!!!
Flag
But he knows nothing
Flag
LMFAO!!!
Thanks to Ygritte he's learning.
Flag
"I suppose my sincere gut reaction would be to have Daenerys atop the throne, overseeing the beginning of Westeros's transition to a constitutional monarchy, with Tyrion as Hand.

Arya commanding the Queensguard, while Sansa rules in Winterfell with Brienne as castellan. Jon Snow as the Knight Commander of Castle Black and the Knights Watch."

There i made a couple of edits for you, and now it's perfect.
Flag
hahahahha!!!! the shadow baby, hahahahahah!!!!!!!!
Flag
I've not read the books, so do not know what may be coming, and I just finished season 3 last night. I was able to avoid spoilers and although I was aware of what might happen, the Red Wedding was depressing.

It seems the show is killing off the main lead characters and setting up the younger generation to be the new leaders and villains of the future.

Gendry should be on the list above. it's real surprising you left him off, as I believe he will be important in the long run and maybe sit on the throne in the end. I'd like to see him married to Sansa, but what to do with Tyrion? He either has to be killed or he lets her go for this to happen.

Tyrion is not a king. If he does not die, he's just going to be a more wiser, smarter version of what he is now, but in what capacity is unclear.

As I see what is being done with Daenerys, I think, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". I think she is headed for a great fall, but not before being an asset against whatever is coming with the White Walkers, allied with Snow, and/or in confrontation with the Lannisters allied or supported by whichever Stark is still alive - Bran? I wouldn't be surprised at the loss of a dragon or two as well. If she does survive, it would not be inconceivable if she were mated to Gendry provided his character becomes "worthy" enough for us, let alone Daenerys.

I see Snow eventually back with Ygritte and commanding the Night Watch. Maybe, it's what I want to see, but it feels right. Perhaps he makes peace and allies with her people.

Arya is a bit of a puzzle. i think she is destined to be deadly angry and become a little assassin against anyone who had anything to do with the death of her family. In the long run, she may get killed for it, but not before she has taken down one or more key people she deems responsible. If so, I'd like to see her take out Tywin - "Remember me?" and there goes a knife through his eye that was originally meant for "The Hound". It would be funny / cool if she formed a partnership with The Hound or he became a teacher / trainer to her whether he wants to or not.

I don't see the rest of the Lannisters in power. Jaime feels like he has embarked on a road to some redemption. Would be interesting if that is what develops and what becomes of it. Don't think he was ever king material either unless it was forced upon him. In general, the Lannisters seem broken physically and emotionally. There is an inherent cowardice, as shown by the treachery of the wedding. They could not win an honorable battle, so had to cheat. Their biggest enemy is, or will be, themselves. Their lesser enemies will peck away at them while Daenerys could be the finishing blow despite the feeling she will still fall somehow. An ultimate betrayal by one Lannister against the others toward that end would not surprise me.

All this is why i think Gendry gets the throne. Remaining Starks, and there should be, will be with him, such as Arya, and/or return to their land(s). Jaime, if he redeems himself, and/or Tyrion will get a break and maybe a position someplace. Daenerys, if she survives, will be with Gendry or return to the south and be allied with Gendry. I could see the The 7 kingdoms getting individual autonomy, as well, when the dust settles and blood dries. More so, if Gendry gets it, but they will have to be alliances.

Stupid question: If the Starks have wolves and Daenerys has dragons, why don't the Lannister's have lions?
More+
Flag
"It seems the show is killing off the main lead characters and setting up the younger generation to be the new leaders and villains of the future."

I think they're killing off the many "kings" of Westeros. Remember how each faction had their own king that they want to serve? Most of them are dead now. Plus Robb Stark was not main in the books, we never got his point of view.
Flag
Well after reading this I know you are just a show viewer so don't want to spoil any thing for you. But want to say one thing show made a big deal about Gendry which he is not. He is the bastard of Robert, but he is one among many, with Edric Storm being the anoter prominent one who is not even mentioned once in show. In show the creators have mixed the character of him and Edric together and thus making his character bit more prominent than he is. Well that aside still if he have to sit on throne he would have to be legitimized first by a 'king' which I don't see happening.
Flag
Some day, I hope to get to the books, but that does not seem likely any time soon. Film often compiles book characters together for some general representation. I did not know about Storm. Also, Hollywood often changes endings, or does a variation to an ending, and unless they have an agreement with Martin, or a stated purpose to follow the books as closely as possible, considering the amount of material there, they could make Gendry a king, or at least more important in some way than than in the books.

Then again, Martin may be keeping this (these) characters less prominent for the sole reason that they are, in the end, very important. They could be "flying under the radar", so to speak. This was another reason why I think he is. He just seems to be a sort of neutral character that maybe few would notice over the ambitious, cruel, and heroic personalities of other characters and then, surprise, this "nobody" becomes king in some fashion. There also seems to be an effort to keep him out of harm's way, or on the sidelines for now, so why, if not important? Characters that are front and center important are being killed off.

If, in the end, there are no kings left to legitimize him, I could see an argument being made to make him so, or some piece of information comes to light to prove he is Robert's son. More likely, or sensibly, his uncle seems to have accepted he is his nephew and I could see Stannis making him legit even as his heir since he has no sons of his own, if not mistaken. Of course, he would have to stop him from being killed by Melisandre on his behalf.
More +
Flag
Well I won't reply to that as it would be spoilery. But in hindsight I guess the proper answer would be with only GRRM about how he had envisioned Gendry's track. So for now lets just enjoy what we have infront of us.
Flag
Thanks for not spoiling. I'll assume something happens to Gendry that basically rules him out, but I still like the idea. Now I have to wait though for season 4, as I don't get HBO and have only caught up on our cable's "Watchathon" freebie weeks.
Flag
I feel if I liked the mother of dragons and thought she's the one the rule GG martin would just kill her off, ADMIT IT you thought of this too :D
Flag
Of course i did. Ned Stark was my favorite character, and we all know how that turned out. I fear for Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon Snow, Arya, Lord Varys, Sansa, and Margaery. The only characters i still like.
Flag
i don't want to spoil anything because I've read all the books so far, so i'll just say, either Daenerys or Young Griff are serious contestants to the throne!! :D
Flag
Arya. I believe it should be a Stark and she is awesome. Even though she is still a kid, she has a lot life experience. And the Hound could be her Hand. How amazing would that be? Then when she takes the throne, HBO could do a comedy with her and the Hound and it would be miracoulous.
Flag
Some of the comments are really funny. I cannot believe Noel said Sean Bean...ha!

As for the throne, the winners of King of the nerds season one and two already sat on it. I guess the season three winner will be right for the throne too.
Flag
Daenerys Targaryen, the stormborn, the unburned, Queen of the Andals
the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains,
Queen of Meereen and Princess of Dragonstone
Flag
AND mother of dragons...
Flag
Daenerys and the Young Griff (don't google if you don't want spoilers)
Flag
There are 3 dragons to ride, so I would add Griff's "brother of another mother". ^^
Flag
For that to happen he needs a stoneheart like miracle.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Gendry - the only rightful heir of king Robert.
Flag
I have thought for a long time that Hodor is the right choice. A person who doesn't talk can't make bad decisions. Without bad decisions, no one can claim to have been wronged. Without a yes or a no as an answer to questions, everyone are silently hopeful that they will eventually get an answer that pleases them. When the answer never comes, they will blame themselves for not being active enough in pursuing a solution.

Then there's also the chance that Hodor is secretly super smart and knows how to speak perfectly well. And after ending up on the throne, he reveals his oral abilities (does that sound dirty?), takes control of the realm, and brings peace and prosperity throughout the land.
Flag
i still wish for dany or tyrion or both of them together somehow but since this is george r.r. martin`s universe, i bet it will be some ahole who kills everyone off. go george!
Flag
I doubt Jon Snow would be a good king, he's always been more of a soldier.
Flag
you know nothing Mj_ps3 ;)
Flag
Realistically: Jon Snow.

Who I wish no matter how unrealistically: Littlefinger!
Flag
Jon Snow, as he has the best sword (just ordered it last week). On his side we'll have either Danny or possibly even Sansa (after we find out who his parents are, this is still not revealed in the books and please no spoilers below in the comments).
Flag
Jon should be king he fulfills all criteria as per me. I was a danerys lover but after reading dance with dragons a month back I am certain Danerys could be a good conqueror but clearly a very poor ruler. On side note any one among Jon, Tyrion, Stannis or Danerys who survive the seven books will be good enough for throne.
Flag
Bran.Jon Snow will be commander in the Wall after the death of Ygritte.Daenerys will be killed with her dragons in the attempt to stop White Walkers.Tyrion married Sansa and move to Castly Rock and Arya leave with Gendry (to Bravos?-assasins) after killing Mellisandre and Stannis.That means that Starks will rule the entire Westeros.All kingdoms will be united and ruled by Bran.Havent read any books or spoilers just watched the tv show so my predidictions maybe way off
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members