A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
The 66th Emmy Awards aired monday night providing great backstage material!

Relationship issues

Courtesy of AfterBuzzTV, this interview features the single 2 most awesome commoners ever dumped by a fan favorite, Rose Leslie and Sibel Kekilli dish on their characters's relationship issues, life after Game of Thrones and diehard fans.

Jon Snow, Tyrion: your loss.

The Purity of Jaime & Brienne

A TV Line interview in which Nikolaj Coster-Waldau adresses what is it about Jaime & Brienne that the fans love so much, he also dishes about the relationship with Cercei and makes me wonder what it would feel like to date a jedi (even is there's still zero information on whether Gwendoline Christie is playing a jedi or not).

GRR Martin at the Emmys

Believe it or not, there're people actually paying him for killing even more characters in a horrible way. Also from AfterBuzzTV.

Type Them Faster!

In what is perhaps my favorite spoof of all times, the lyrics advice not to get attached to anyone, always have a back-up and to type faster George!

Not Now Joffrey

Andy Samberg makes me miss Joffrey all over again next to Emmy presenter Lena Headey.

Which was your favorite part? Are you still mad Breaking Bad got all the Emmys? Should George type them faster? And, seriously, how it would be like to date a jedi? Hit the comments or cast your vote below.

poll

Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Yes. i've watched it. thanks to http://cccamaster.com/!
Flag
@WUWait: I feel it make sense considering they needed a Tommen old enough to be convincing as the object of Margaery's grooming, yet young enough to be the Ashton Kutcher for Margaery's Demi Moore. She couldn't look like his mother as much as a budding seductress, and for that they had to recast.

I don't know why they are recasting Myrcella for, but I reckon the relationship with her husband-to-be and her in laws may be a good reason for it.
Flag
I do agree with you on your opinion for them replacing Tommen's character (even though it is slightly odd that they replaced him with a lannister, since he was one of the people who played one of the lannister cousins who got killed by Rickon Karstark)

If they recast Myrcella in terms of her relationship with her in laws, its odd that they would choose an actress who is two years younger and only 14 (depending on how old he future husband is?). Its also odd since she's supposed to be Tommen's older sister yet is now 2 years younger than him.
Flag
I also agree.
Flag
Maybe it's not Tommen, but Oberyn's daughters the reason she's supposed to look younger.

The last information we have on Myrcella is that she was happy playing with Oberyn's daughters, or at least that's what he told Cersei on season 4. It should be interesting to see Myrcella befriend royal bastards since she barely had any interaction outside Cersei & Sansa the first 3 seasons.

Considering the despise both Cersei & Sansa have towards bastards, its probably more believable if the bastards Myrcella is happy to interact with are slightly older than her.
Flag
.....Type faster George, type......
Flag
Hi I'm very new to game of thrones and I'm a bit confused so I thought I'll ask the question here and someone will know. The actor who plays Daario Naharis in season three is different than the actor who plays him in season four I was wandering if I missed something along the way did they do that on purpose did he change his face like the guy who gave aryia the 3 names. Please help I'm only up to S04E03
Flag
He was offered a lot of money, to take over as the lead in the Transporter franchise.
Flag
Are they doing a transporter franchise, see this is what happens when you work every day with children all you want to do when you get home is sleep and you lose touch with tv news. :(
Flag
eh? The films. He will be the new lead in the films. No more Jason Statham.
Flag
Your wrong dom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938956/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

its called Transporter Legacy
Flag
There will be no more movies of transporter franchise but the tv series will come soon
Flag
Really ok that want work sorry nope no Jason means no transporter.
Flag

It is likely that the actor who played him in the 3rd season either demanded to much for his contract or had conflicting engagements. There were 3 main recasts in the forth series which were Ser Gregor Clegane (The Mountain), Daario Naharis and Tommen Baratheon. Just in case you got confused over the other character's replacements.

Flag
Thanks for at I have got that far in yet to see the other replacements but now I know I want be so confused like I said I just started watching the show 3weeks ago and have been binge watching ever since. Thanks.
Flag
And watch out for Princess Myrcella, Jaime's daughter has also been recast after she sailed off on season 2.
Flag
I feel kind of sorry for the actors who play Tommen and Mycrella in the earlier seasons, I mean neither of them really had any speaking roles, roles that would have boosted their careers. Then once their characters become more centralized within the plot, they get recast.
Flag
Thanks I know I took every one of topic apologies for that I was just getting very frustrated. I'm not complaining about Daarios replacement that man is hot but it was still annoying me so much because I thought I missed something and I thought I was going so well remembering who every was and the parts they play, so again thanks everybody who replied.
Flag
Not exactly part of the Emmys, but this short vid explains it all between 01:38 and 01:42

Flag
god this video sucks and its not even funny...
Flag
It's been a.while since I've seen that video, still funny.
Flag
I know it abit off topic but I don't know anybody who watches the show and this was the only active forum. But thanks for the video it helped and it was actually a very good clip.
Flag
It's the magic of the Game of Thrones-Frozeon mashup: I'll never get tired of it!
Flag
Am I the only one left wondering why Peter Dinklage is still going up for best supporting actor, I mean if his character is considered a supporting character, who's the lead? His character may have started as a supporting role when he won in 2011, since the first series primarily focused on Sean Bean's character. But the forth series was about Tyrion's character more than any other character.
Flag
In GoT, there is no leading roles. There are all supporting roles or minor roles. There is too much caracters!
Flag
To me, Ned is still the male lead regardless how long he has been dead.

Tyrion, much like Daenerys, Jon Snow, Arya or Tywin is a most awesome supporting role, but a supporting role nonetheless.
Flag
As much as I like Nikolaj interview, I think he got it wrong.

What I like the most is that each character had his/her own life long before they met one another, and it's because we saw those lives and because we saw where those lives were leading them, that we truly understand just how much impact Jaime and Brienne had on each other.

It isn't rare to find two characters that just click together, what's rare is to see the reasons why they click together long before they even met. Hence what makes me so invested in them.
Flag
Loved Andy Samberg's bit! I'm not quite mad that BB won, after all it was their last year for eligibility and they deserved it. I'm just hoping that next year will be GoT's turn to win.
Flag
Me too.

Lena was so awesome at the improv! Made me laugh as hard as the Weird Al's spoof.
Flag
Interesting that GRRM said that some viewpoint characters will die in WoW, assuming we're not talking about the prologue.
Flag
Got not Wow.......
Flag
WoW = Winds of Winter, the next novel.
Flag
Makes sense: if Melisandre, Jon & Stannis are all in the same place there's no need for three viewpoint characters to tell the same story.
Flag
Of the three POV characters, which two should get the axe? I would keep Jon, and get rid of Stannis first, then Melisandre. What do you think, ionee 24? Or anyone else?
Flag
Stannis, Melisandre and Jon aren't as interesting to axe as Arya, Tyrion and Darnerys perhaps (they are all going across the Narrow Sea), or Jaime, Cercei & the Tyrells now at King's Landing, or even Myrcella, Ellaria & Oberyn's daughters once/if they collide in Dorne.
Flag
Well since Stannis ends up allowing the wildlings to settle in the northern regions of westeros next season, he will end up marching on winterfell. Melisandre stays at the wall with Jon (Her potential Son) (It's only a theory as we have never once heard her first name and since she takes a liking to him in the upcoming season) Also Melisandre isn't really considered a viewpoint character so far as here chapter from the books hasn't made it into the adaptation yet. Also Stannis has never been a view point character, If we're talking in terms of what George Martin said as he refers to view point characters as the the names of the characters each chapter of his books relate to, Stannis hasn't had a chapter yet as his story only comes out in Davos' Chapters.
Flag
Thanks, WUWait, for the clarification.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members