A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

SEASON 4 IS COMING NEWS

... Calling all Game of Thrones fans! If you live near Santa Fe, New Mexico and/or have always wanted to see the Red Wedding on the big screen, I suggest you make your way to the Jean Cocteau Cinema in Santa Fe immediately. It's a theater owned by George R.R. Martin, and he's gotten HBO's approval to screen the first three seasons of the epic fantasy series in the lead-up to Season 4 (which still has no premiere date). Here's the full list of screenings, which all begin at 7pm:

Monday, January 6: Season 1, Episodes 1-3

Monday, January 13: Season 1, Episode 4-5

Monday, January 20: Season 1, Episodes 6-8

Monday, January 27: Season 1, Episodes 9-10

Monday, February 2: Season 2, Episodes 1-3

Wednesday, February 12: Season 2, Episodes 4-5

Wednesday, February 19: Season 2, episodes 6-8

Friday, February 28: Season 2, Episodes 9-10

Monday, March 3: Season 3, Episodes 1-3

Monday, March 10: Season 3, Episodes 4-5

Monday, March 17: Season 3, Episodes 6-8

Monday, March 24: Season 3, Episodes 9-10

Who's willing to bet Season 4 will premiere Sunday, March 30? Oh, and did I mention the screenings are free? [Zap2It]

BUSINESS TIME

... Better Call Saul, the Breaking Bad spin-off featuring Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman, is shaping up quite nicely behind the scenes. Former Breaking Bad writers Thomas Schnauz ("One Minute") and Gennifer Hutchison ("Confessions") have joined Peter Gould ("Better Call Saul," "Problem Dog") on the writing staff, with Schnauz also serving as executive producer. P.S. If you're not easily offended and you need some good laughs, I highly recommend following him on Twitter, too. [Variety]

... A few days ago I complimented Sundance Channel on the amazing series and miniseries it's produced this year. But I'm giving some major side-eye to the network's next project. The unscripted Loredana, ESQ. is a six-hour series starring Loredana Nesci, a former LAPD officer turned lawyer, as she attempts to walk the line between what's legal and what's right. The series is slated to premiere in March 2014. Like I said, major side-eye, Sundance. I'm not sure an unscripted series about a lawyer is particularly thrilling, unless that lawyer is a real-life Saul Goodman-type. And even that's iffy. [Sundance via press release]

... Oh, well this is awkward. Chicago P.D., the spin-off of NBC's Chicago Fire, is down two actors and the series hasn't even premiered. Both Scott Eastwood and Tania Raymonde appeared in last season's backdoor pilot, but will not be part of the show going forward. They exited over creative differences shortly after Melissa Sagemiller and Kelly Blatz left this summer. Call me crazy, but none of this sounds particularly good with regard to the future of the series. [TV Line]

... David Simon, the brilliant man behind HBO's The Wire, is the the recipient of the Ian McClellan Hunter Award for career achievement from the Writers Guild of America East. The award will be presented by Wendell Pierce, who starred in both The Wire and Treme, at the 66th Annual Writers Guild Awards on February 1. [Variety]

CASTING NEWS

... Community's Yvette Nicole Brown just booked a guest-starring role on Melissa & Joey as Calista, Mel’s hairdresser who gets into a fender-bender with Joe. This causes a kerfuffle between Melissa and Joe as the former doesn't want to lose her fabulous hairdresser as a result. [TV Line

... Josh Hamilton (American Horror Story: Coven) has been cast in Gracepoint, the American remake of Broadchurch. He'll play Joe Miller, Det. Ellie Miller’s (Anna Gunn) husband. [Deadline]

... What do Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Judd Apatow, Leslie Mann, Will Arnett, Channing Tatum, and Judas Priest’s Rob Halford have in common? They'll all be voicing characters in the January 5 installment of The SimpsonsIn “Steal this Episode,” Homer is banned from the local movie theater and begins showing pirated films in his backyard, as you sometimes do. [Fox via press release]

... CSI has booked Heroes' Jack Coleman for a guest-starring role on the long-running drama. He'll play Jim, a pastor who's devastated by the death of his 16-year-old daughter. [TV Guide]

... There are few shows I dislike more than House of Lies, but I think I might be alone in that opinion. Fred Armisen and Brothers & Sisters' Balthazar Getty have both signed on as guest-stars for the upcoming third season, which premieres Sunday, January 12 at 10pm. Armisen will play Vincent, the owner of a company that makes a meal-replacement product, while Getty will take on the role of a hedge fund guy who knows Eliza Coupe's character. [Showtime via press release]

... Fox's 24: Live Another Day limited series has cast another two actors in series regular roles. Gbenga Akinnagbe (GracelandNurse Jackie) and Giles Matthey (True Blood) have both joined the London-set drama; Akinnagbe will play ambitious CIA field operative Erik Ritter, while Matthey will play computer tech Jordan Reed. [Deadline]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/13/2014

Season 4 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/20/2014

Season 4 : Episode 3

70 Comments