A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
"I demand trial by combat." — Tyrion Lannister

After getting character assassinated by enemies and allies alike, Tyrion knew his chances of being found innocent were slim. So he once again exploited Westeros' Judicial System loophole, and demanded a trial by combat!

Cersei most likely would've chosen Jaime as her combatant to strike down Tyrion but he's seen better days. Plus Jaime most likely would've adamantly refused. So that leaves her with the next best choice, Gregor Clegane, aka THE MOUNTAIN.

Now let's have fun speculating as to whom will defend Tyrion's honor by taking down the raping, pillaging, horse head cutting beast of a warrior.

Bronn

The Hound

Prince Oberyn

Jaime

Tyrion

Khaleesi's Dragons

poll

Submit your suggestions in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

26 Comments
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Cersei that way if she wins tyrionwould have lived and if she lost tyrion would have taken that *%#}+ down with him
Flag
Aryana Stark.

She would run The Mountain through the heart with the Needle.
Flag
Maisie Williams is a wh0re.
Flag
Aryana Stark is a character.

Maisie Williams is an actor. She is not the character.

Flag
Bjornsson is 6'9 and nearly 400lbs, he's finished 3rd, twice in World's strongest man.
Flag
Stupid poll is stupid. Why? For bookreading reasons. There's people who actually KNOW the answer to this poll. So who's gonna win ;) ?
Flag
I would choose Bron cause he proved himself in the last trial by combat.
Flag
My friend had a pretty good argument for who Tyrion should choose.

Jamie Lannister.

Tywin Lannister has two sons. Tyrion is on trial, and with Jamies life in peril, the Lannister bloodline, that which Tywin Lannister cares most about, is at stake.
As the most powerful man in Westeros, Tywin would probably not be happy about both his sons dyng before producing offspring.

With those facts at hand, Tywin would probably do whatever in his power to ensure that Jamie didn't lose the trial.
Flag
Joffrey regrettably is not an option any more. Although I would love to see Tyrion fight the Mountain, using all the tricks he could think of, I voted prince Oberyn as I think Tyrion is also the smartest.
Flag
None of them. SER POUNCE IS THE ONE AND ONLY CHAMPION!
Flag
You win.
Flag
Since as Tyrion has had a few of the best swordsmen in the seven kingdoms around him in his past, perhaps he has some secret skills and goes all ninja-Yoda on him and wins? ;)
Flag
I was so very confused seeing these images of this shirtless man next to all these great Game of Thrones pics. I however knew deeppp down, this shirtless man was supposed to represent the Mountain. I didn't want to accept it though, because I liked the first Mountain and had no idea they changed him. I either am blind and dumb, or they've only shown the Mountain's face like once with the original actor.

Judging from what I just read on various other sites, they had a "fill-in" play the Mountain for the last 2 seasons? I guess this fill-in also played 2 other characters during that time meaning we probably never saw his face as the Mountain. Damn... Conan Stevens was a great "Mountain" Hobbit movies... pshhh.
Flag
Bronn like he did it before! Jaime got only one hand and may choose to giveup midfight like his sister demanding it!
Flag
Ser Meryn Trant!
Flag
I also chose Prince Oberyn because I just think that he might stand the biggest chance, not from being taller or stronger or better trained in combat and horse slaying but from having more wits.
Even though I have to admit I cannot really picture "wits over strength" in a close combat, Oberyn won't be able to talk him to death, but this is what makes this duel the most interesting. Go Oberyn! For the win!
Flag
The Hound, a thousand times The Hound.

Even if I've already read the books I will always pick The Hound.
Flag
Well since the 8th episode in this series will be called the mountain and the viper, I would also bet the farm in it being the viper AKA Prince Oberyn, especially after seeing the look on his face at the end of the last episode, where he looks at tyrion as if to believe his innocence.
Flag
Bronn wouldn't stand a chance if we're going with the Mountain as Cersei's the Crown's champion. Oberyn is a wildcard. The Hound's too far away and is of the "fuck the king"-mindset. Jaime is a cripple. Out of these guys, it could only be Oberyn.
Flag
Shae vs The Mountain. Yep, I'd watch that.
Flag
Shae vs Melisandre would be a more even match.

Two lowborns who were raised high, up against each other to see who will survive.
Flag
But not as satisfying ;)

I've always wondered whether Shae was actually lowborn. But there's no evidence that she wasn't.
Flag
Melisandre is definitively from the lowlands. Shae on the other hand is just as low as we can get them.

To be honest, it's not the kind of catfight I would love to watch. And Melisandra would win......
Flag
The Hound is marked for death and it'd be a conflict of interest for Oberyn.
Flag
Why of course Oberyn has other motives, that is the whole point. Who would willing fight the Mountain without their own motivation?. Obviously, Jaime would be Tyrion's first choice because he knows his brother is innocent and they are family. However due to him losing his hand, Tyrion really has no options.

I myself am disappointed by how they played this scenario out in the show so far. I thought the overall court scene was good, and Peter did great acting. Shae was convincing with her cold hearted, backstabbing attitude. However Tyrion is smart, he would of never said "Trial by combat!" knowing their champion was going to be the Mountain. Why? Because no one can beat the Mountain his only hope would of been Jamie or maybe the Hound. Tyrion knows Bronn is a good fighter, but he's not a fool. The book did a better job leading up to this scene, but I suppose in the show we just have to assume Tyrion was willing to bet his life on the "chance" Oberyn would say Yes. Not to mention he still has to win.
Flag
Prince Oberyn and The Mountain obviously.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members